Samoth's Dialogues [May 14, 2016 Update: "Trials of the Ancients"] (1 Viewer)

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
My concern there was that I didn't know whether or not that sort of thing was allowed, as the clothes I use in my dialogues were made by people who aren't me. I figured since it wasn't my own original creation there was some sort of rule in place that said I can't do that. I suppose I'd be able to just credit the creator of the piece in a Sources.txt or something.

I'd recommend you do what members of wolflore do:
They prohibit modding someone else's mod, with an BIG exception:
"Note the ONLY exception to this is if the original author has not specifically prohibited derivative works AND you have made an HONEST attempt to contact the original author, AND have been unable to do so. If that is the case, you MUST include a readme file giving the original author credit, and include a credit statement in the announcement post."
This worked out well there, and it's what Gamevixenzone did.

Jrhonen

Potential Patron
So I finally got around to making everything work. Have no clue what the hell I did, but it all works now. BUT ANYWAY
I tried out Bully, Assassin, and Alien, and I gotta say I love all three. I'd have to say my favorite out of the bunch would probably be Alien, and not because I like aliens or something like that, I actually changed her back into a human. It's because of the attention to detail in it, such as the small sound she makes at the end of the doggy-style scene that fucked me up and sent me over the edge. The masturbation was also a nice touch. I honestly can't wait for more of your dialogues, if you plan to make more.

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
Is it supposed to change sex position by itself or do I have to do it.
It is, do you have Animtools AND DialogueActions installed? I'm fairly certain the triggers that swap positions require DialogueActions to be recognized. Even if they don't, DialogueActions is the backbone of how my dialogues work to begin with so you'd want to have it installed anyways to get mine to work properly (that and it's not like MoreClothing where it'll make your Loader chug on startup so it's not so big of a deal).

such as the small sound she makes at the end of the doggy-style scene that fucked me up.
Fun fact: I'm fairly certain the sound you mean is actually just the one tied to the girl's masturbation variable hitting 100 (which I force at his climax because why not, a solid chunk of my dialogue choices are just drawn from hentai doujins I've read in the past anyways so why not the concept of both cumming together to end the sequence).

About your other comment on more dialogues: the funny thing is that I've got a total of 6 possible to-dos on the table right now. 2 are reworking Assassin and Alien (as you put it, I'd probably either use the full name or abbreviate it but that's just me) to have a similar sort of freeform compared to Bully (except without the end limitation, which is forced by the script of Bully as I have it written), continuing to churn out the one mega dialogue I've got in the works (which has been heavily backburnered), and 3 other ideas that have come to me over the past weeks.

The toughest part for me is honestly just churning out dialogues for DURING the sex scenes. I can write the stories; hell, my big dialogue has an entire word document script I've got set up that covers most of the actual story for me (with some bits being paraphrased that I have to un-paraphrase as I write it into the code). It's writing vigorous/pull_off/cum/etc lines that gets me because I don't want to use the same lines over and over whether by choice or by force. Assassin will end up being an example of the latter, because the freeform blowjob has Nyx totally into it and not trying to resist like at the start of the dialogue. That and she's in control for the blowjob as opposed to the initial sequence where the player is in control.

I would ALMOST say college is a big factor in putting a hold on these but I'm also sort of a procrasticreator. I do this because I have work to do. Hell, I had a MASSIVE paper due at the beginning of March. All my dialogues originally came out before that due date. Due work makes me want to not do work.

Last edited:

MLPLover

Potential Patron
I have animtools and dialogueactions both installed. Do they need to be in a specific place or something?

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
I have animtools and dialogueactions both installed. Do they need to be in a specific place or something?

In your $INIT Folder. This ensures they activate on loadup. Additionally, animtoolsv[version number]settings.txt needs to be in the INIT folder as well.

Your Mods.txt file in the INIT folder will also need to be appended with these lines:

SDTDialogueActionsv4.02.swf
animtoolsV15.swf

This is for v15 of Animtools and v4.02 of Dialogue Actions, obviously. Swap those out for your version number as applicable. If you're going to end up trying Assassin at some point (or just going to install MoreClothing for unrelated reasons), you'd put MoreClothingV[version].swf in this file as well.

**Also, for Animtools you need to put the animtools_positions folder into your Settings folder.

I'd advise reading the documentation that came with each mod, because that includes files explaining how to properly set them up (which explains what I said above but in far more depth and I'm pretty sure the Animtools one even comes with a visual guide).

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
Important update: Having finally taken the time to go and contact (or as it was in certain cases, attempt to contact) various creators whose mods I've used, I am now able to supply the following, guilt-free.

I have created my own modification of the basic loader (as in the version from ModGuy's thread, Loader v5.45 as of this post). Why? Mainly because of this suggestion:
You should just release a packaged loader folder with a working setup tbh, would save you the time troubleshooting, especially if you're going to release more dialogues in future.

The link to download it can be found in the OP of this thread. As of right now, it contains all the mods and assets needed to run all of the dialogues in my OP (for future reference: Bully, Assassin, Out of this World, Dark Magician Girl, and Mag Prime as of the making of this post and the edit I just made to add this little chunk on the 26th of April). When I finish future dialogues, I'll update it with them.

Alternatively you can just download the dialogues yourself as I produce them and insert them into your own folder to suit your tastes. I will continue to put them out there as standalone .txt files (or as will be the case for my next one, a standalone .zip folder containing all necessary assets) for those brave enough to download them and set them up on their own.

Last edited:

tmb

Casual Client
Hey Samoth, thanks a lot for your bundle.
Some systems like mine are case-sensitive; the right file name cases are the following:
  • BG.png
  • Char.swf
  • Code.txt
  • Dialogue.txt
  • Hair.png
  • Thumb.png

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
Really? In all my experience it's worked regardless of capitalization. I suppose that's just my end lucking out. I'll go in and fix that up, and edit this once it's set.

EDIT: Upload completed. All things are case sensitive now. I'll try to keep this in mind for future dialogues and whatnot, although my machine doesn't seem to have this issue; in fact, when I first started changing them it didn't look like they were being changed. I'd put in the capitalized letters and it'd LOOK like it reverted to the file names from before I tried changing them. If I refreshed the file browser window, though, it'd update with the proper capitalized letters. Gotta love weird system things like this.

Last edited:

tmb

Casual Client
Using the link in your OP, I seem to download your original version... weird.
My OS is a GNU/Linux flavour and I bet you have a MS Windows OS. :P
It seems that case-sensitiveness is always implied but never explicit in saving guides (like @Huitznahua 's or in the Saving Guide.txt).

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
Turns out what happened was that I don't think I updated my link in the OP to reflect having changed the file in Google Drive. I just checked and they're showing up as capitalized. Mind trying it again to see if it works this time?

And yes, I'm running Windows.

tmb

Casual Client
It seems to wrok flawlessly now: I see all the thumbs, all characters and dialogues seem to load properly and file names look all right to me. Thanks. :)

Jrhonen

Potential Patron
The toughest part for me is honestly just churning out dialogues for DURING the sex scenes. I can write the stories; hell, my big dialogue has an entire word document script I've got set up that covers most of the actual story for me (with some bits being paraphrased that I have to un-paraphrase as I write it into the code). It's writing vigorous/pull_off/cum/etc lines that gets me because I don't want to use the same lines over and over whether by choice or by force. Assassin will end up being an example of the latter, because the freeform blowjob has Nyx totally into it and not trying to resist like at the start of the dialogue. That and she's in control for the blowjob as opposed to the initial sequence where the player is in control.

I would ALMOST say college is a big factor in putting a hold on these but I'm also sort of a procrasticreator. I do this because I have work to do. Hell, I had a MASSIVE paper due at the beginning of March. All my dialogues originally came out before that due date. Due work makes me want to not do work.

Man do I fucking feel it. I would have gotten to this much sooner, but I've been studying for finals almost non-stop. Can't fucking wait to go home this Wednesday. Regarding writing the dialogues, I've got an English minor, though I've always been pretty good at it anyway. If you would have me, I'd love to work with you regarding the dialogue itself, such as proofreading, looking for grammatical errors, etc. Perhaps even assisting you with coming up with dialogue during sex? I understand if you don't really want my help, but I have pretty much nothing to do over the summer, so I'd love to do something.

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
A major update to my dialogue set: I have finally finished what I consider to be my dragon, my white whale. I've been working on this dialogue for quite some time and it's finally complete: MINECRAFT ADVENTURE.

This dialogue is MASSIVE in comparison to my other ones. Here's a rough idea: every other dialogue I've made that had a story had either 5 or 6 positions, both during the storyline and in freeform. Each dialogue also only featured one girl.

THIS dialogue, on the other hand, features a total of ten girls in three positions each, for a total (technically) of twenty seven positions. This is in the story AND in the freeform at the end. I probably am spreading myself a little thin here, but I am happy with the result of my efforts.

In a numbers sense, this one clocks in at over 1,600 lines with formatting (according to DialogueChecker). Hung Like a Bully, for comparison, clocks in at about 250 lines with formatting.

As you would imagine, this dialogue has quite the laundry list of requirements. I've also installed it (hopefully successfully) into my pre-packaged loader and updated the download link for it. You CAN download the dialogue on its own - and there are instructions for the standalone installation of it in the OP as well - but I'd advise downloading my iteration of the Loader because it would be far faster to set up and play. Unless somehow a catastrophic bug snuck in and has fucked it all to hell.

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
I missed one? Shit, I thought I had all of them.

Just went and fixed it. Turns out I missed that not one, but five times. Whoops. Links in the OP are updated.

EDIT: Turns out my spelling isn't as decent as I thought it was. A bunch of other minor issues have been fixed (i.e. I had accommodate at one point as "accomodate") with appropriate new links updated in the OP. I've also opted to spell facade using the "Americanized" (?) version that doesn't have the French "ç." On a similar note, I'm going to opt in a similar vein to omit the French "é" and "à" from "deja vu" in my dialogue.

Last edited:

Lizoran

Potential Patron
Gotta say, i really enjoyed Minecraft adventure.
It was great, good job.
(Didn't really have much to say, just that.:oops:)

veyron_fan

Potential Patron
Hi

Question from someone thats still learning all the ins and outs of dialogues. This is the 1st time ive seen a dialogue with a selection of lines that only trigger during certain positions eg vigorous_facefuck_false. My question is, can this be changed to activate the line when the action is taking place but NOT when its just vigorous? eg facefuck_false or something like that? Only ask because ive tried using the line type for a dialogue of my own and when its running in AUTO mode the lines dont trigger. When using the mouse its fine but vigorous seems to be something that auto mode doesnt set off often enough, even set on hard.

Slightly more complex question, what is the function of the "false" and "true" on each of the triggers? I see the variable "end" is set to false and later set to true but I cant for the life of me work out what this is for lol

Thanks

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
My question is, can this be changed to activate the line when the action is taking place but NOT when its just vigorous? eg facefuck_false or something like that?
No, it's built off of the inherent base dialogue system in SDT. Each line is derived from a general line type. You can find a list of all of them
in any of the dialogue tutorials, but here's a list of ones that matter for the majority of mine:

• Pull_off - can trigger any time the girl stops sucking the guy's dick (as in, the dick is removed from her mouth)
  • Vigorous - triggers when the girl stops sucking the guy's dick and the "force meter" (second meter from the left, where first is the pleasure meter) has hit 100% at some point since she started sucking
  • Pre_cum - triggers when pleasure meter hits about 96%
  • Cum[location, such as on_face or in_mouth] - triggers when cum is applied to the specified location
  • Bodycontacthilt - triggers the first time the guy's penis is "fully inserted" into the girl during a non-oral position
  • Resistance - triggers when the girl stops sucking the guy's dick while she hasn't fully throated it yet (the first few attempts)
  • First_dt - triggers the first time the girl fully gets the guy's dick in her mouth
What you COULD do is loosen the definition - go in and change "vigorous" to "pull_off." Pull_off can happen any time the cock exits the girl's mouth - even during resistance - but vigorous requires the force meter to hit 100% at some time. That's the best you can do, since the only other lines that can fire off during a standard blowjob are General (which requires her not sucking him at all for a short time), Hand_job_stroke (hopefully the trigger for that is self-explanatory) and start/intro (which only occur when the dialogue is initiated, and thus are unrepeatable).

Only ask because ive tried using the line type for a dialogue of my own and when its running in AUTO mode the lines dont trigger. When using the mouse its fine but vigorous seems to be something that auto mode doesnt set off often enough, even set on hard.

I'd have to see your code to specifically figure out your issue, but your lines might not be triggering because they require her to be able to speak. If you don't tag them with {"style":"Thought"} or {"style":"Him"}, the system will assume you want the girl to speak these lines. That is, she will only be able to say them when there isn't a cock in her mouth. I have always run all of my dialogues in manual control; I never design them for auto. While someone COULD go in and enable an automatic movement for them, I never bothered doing so with mine. Having automatic movement off also allows me to debug the code far easier and play the game at my own pace.

Slightly more complex question, what is the function of the "false" and "true" on each of the triggers? I see the variable "end" is set to false and later set to true but I cant for the life of me work out what this is for lol

It's what allows me to enable a freeform mode. When the "end" variable is set to true, any and all dialogue lines that play during sex are from the freeform.

Take, for example, Skaldi's lines in Minecraft Adventure. Note this line from her initial resistance set:
Skaldi said:
Cupa certainly wasn't kidding about how big you are...

This line makes sense at that point in time - she has been told a story about the player by Cupa and is curious. This line reflects that conversation. However, later on in the freeform phase this line wouldn't make sense. She already had sex with the player, so she shouldn't need to mention Cupa's story. Having a variable that can set to "false" or "true" allows a switch-state that lets me create the freeform system I have in place and prevent irrelevant remarks from sneaking through.

If you have further questions, feel free to PM me. I'd advise taking a look over Pim_GD's dialogue guide in this subforum as well if you haven't already, and take some time to dig into the code of dialogues you download; you never know what you'll find. Hell, I only discovered the button system because I happened to download VincentL's "A Girl's Submission" dialogue on a whim. It's saved me an infinite amount of grief and honestly is what even made the Freeform system possible as I have it set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.