Samoth's Dialogues [May 14, 2016 Update: "Trials of the Ancients"] (1 Viewer)

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
The only real problem now is that all dialogue stopped during the titfuck for some reason
Is this happening at the cum? It's weird, I think the cum somehow interrupts her if it gets on her face. I've had that once or twice in the past and I've got zero clue what interaction is causing it. Just pull back a bit so that the cum is more in and around her tits and that MIGHT (no guarantees because I've got no clue why it's happening) help fix it.

{A}nd now whenever I pull up the loader, it absolutely refuses to load anything from moreclothes beyond #59, when it had no problem doing so beforehand.
I don't know about this one, but I DO know that my MoreClothing has less than 50 items. Specifically, I've got 41 items that it loads. After one or two times opening Loader after installing MoreClothing I immediately went and burned the mods folder to pieces so that it didn't take ages to load. That and I didn't need them at the time (and most of them I'd never use - like the Pasties).

Jrhonen

Potential Patron
I don't know about this one, but I DO know that my MoreClothing has less than 50 items. Specifically, I've got 41 items that it loads. After one or two times opening Loader after installing MoreClothing I immediately went and burned the mods folder to pieces so that it didn't take ages to load. That and I didn't need them at the time (and most of them I'd never use - like the Pasties).

After thinking on it a little, when I cleared my flash cache, it only cleared website data, and not flash data stored locally, like for downloaded flash shit. Guess I'll try and figure out how to do that, then see if that fixes the problem.
Thing is, I kinda like all the variety that moreclothes gives, and I quite like all the things that come with moreclothes, which is why I neglected the removal step, and even added in a few outfits of my own. Guess I'll make a comment on Sby's thread and ask around. I'm eager to try out Assassin.
Oh, and when it came from the titfuck, I never even got the cum dialogue. You know how there's supposed to be "oh I'm cumming" sort of dialogue at the end? I never got it. Come to think of it, that's when moreclothes stopped loading past 59. I went to restart the loader and it decided to shit itself.

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
Well to clear it, you do 2 things. Mainly the first one:
  1. Go into your MoreClothingSettings.txt and delete items of clothing. What you could do is go through and decide what you do want and what you don't. Maybe get a fresh Loader setup and only install MoreClothing to see if it's working on its own. Decide what you want, delete everything else.
  2. Go into your MoreClothingMods folder and delete the items you deleted from your settings file. This isn't really necessary unless you like to keep your stuff neat, I think. I'm fairly certain the code for MoreClothing loads the stuff based off MoreClothingSettings.txt
Additionally, BIG question: Is MoreClothing the LAST mod in your Mods.txt folder in $INIT? That's specifically in the instructions in the documentation for the mod. It's possible that for some reason this is causing your issues. For reference, here's mine as of right now. I've got Animtools, AutoHueReg (though I've barely ever used it), DialogueActions and MoreClothing.

Code:
Default/FinishesCounter.swf
Default/VigourCounter.swf
Default/PleasureCounter.swf
Default/BreathCounter.swf
Default/HeldBreathCounter.swf
Default/CumInMouthCounter.swf
Default/TemplateExtensionV5_sby.swf
SDTDialogueActionsv4.02.swf
autohueregV2.swf
animtoolsV15.swf
moreclothingV5_3.swf

The_Gentacle

Potential Patron
Putting [swallow] at the start of a line seems to slow it down and stop it from chaining probably. I took out all the [swallow] commands at the start of lines and now the dialogues work fine for me.

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
Putting [swallow] at the start of a line seems to slow it down and stop it from chaining probably. I took out all the [swallow] commands at the start of lines and now the dialogues work fine for me.
Really? I noticed that a couple times myself when creating the dialogues but the reason I was adding it there was to make sure she'd get the cum removed then rather than starting a swallow too late which would break the chain. As a result, I've tried to make the lines with [SWALLOW] long enough to ensure she'd finish the animation first.

Alternatively, put a [SWALLOW] command on a line she says and it won't interrupt her at all. Well, in terms of breaking the chain. She won't talk when swallowing. It gets tricky when she has a lot of cum in her mouth and she might try to swallow it at an inopportune moment during the guy's lines.

The_Gentacle

Potential Patron
If there's a [swallow] at the end of a line it'll wait till she finishes swallowing till it plays the next, but if it's at the start of the line the will finish but the next line won't play. At least that's what it seems like for me.

jase

Vivacious Visitor
Megan is missing a component critical to a top grade tsundere: zettai ryouiki.

And solidfiles has a different interface now, so no matter what you click is a hostage shake-down page that may or may not be a hoax, but its definitely a scam. Why don't you use the forum's file hosting? That's what the move was for, wasn't it?

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
And solidfiles has a different interface now, so no matter what you click is a hostage shake-down page that may or may not be a hoax, but its definitely a scam. Why don't you use the forum's file hosting? That's what the move was for, wasn't it?

I...what? I don't have any items on Solidfiles. Everything I've mdae so far with respect to SDT is here except for one little code I posted to a RWBY request thread, a second instance of Hung Like a Bully (now outdated) in a Dialogue Request thread, and any items I recommend users get for my dialogues that I didn't create (i.e. the costume/hood for Assassin Seduction or the Dark Magician Girl outfit). Are you sure you posted this portion to the right thread?

The other part appears to be vaguely valid after googling that phrase to figure out just what you were talking about, though. I've never heard that term before today to be honest. Additionally, you could just go in, tweak her character code to your liking (bonus: you can rename her and customize her hairstyle/skin tone to your own fantasies) which would include adding the missing socks/stockings.

jase

Vivacious Visitor
These have some really abrupt endings. No time for the afterglow, get your clothes on before the parents get home!

Instead of going straight to the finale, and watching the girl speak with a straight face while cum is still raining down on it, why not add a restart line that checks for the final position, and segue from there? I know restart lines aren't completely reliable, but the worst that can happen if the line gets bypassed is more fucking. That seems like an acceptable consequence to me.

Diomedes42

Potential Patron
I just tried Hung Like A Bully, and for some reason I can't get it to switch from handjob mode to full blowjob. Any idea what's up with that?

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
I just tried Hung Like A Bully, and for some reason I can't get it to switch from handjob mode to full blowjob. Any idea what's up with that?
Hmm. Step 1 of the debug process: Are you using the proper mods? Especially Animtools? The blowjob position is actually one added by Animtools rather than the default, so that might be it.

Here's the mods used as of this version (an updated version will be going live soon once I can figure out how to make the code do what I want it to. Same mod requirements, just letting you and anyone else who reads this know):
  • AnimtoolsV15 (It should work with V14 as well if you have that instead)
  • DialogueActionsV4.02 (should also work with v4.01)
Specifically, it uses the BothHandsOnHim position from the Animtools_positions folder.

Diomedes42

Potential Patron
Hmm. Step 1 of the debug process: Are you using the proper mods? Especially Animtools? The blowjob position is actually one added by Animtools rather than the default, so that might be it.

Here's the mods used as of this version (an updated version will be going live soon once I can figure out how to make the code do what I want it to. Same mod requirements, just letting you and anyone else who reads this know):
  • AnimtoolsV15 (It should work with V14 as well if you have that instead)
  • DialogueActionsV4.02 (should also work with v4.01)
Specifically, it uses the BothHandsOnHim position from the Animtools_positions folder.

I just updated both mods, and I'm still not getting past the handjob. In fact, after the first orgasm in the handjob mode, I'm not getting any dialogue to trigger

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
I just updated both mods, and I'm still not getting past the handjob. In fact, after the first orgasm in the handjob mode, I'm not getting any dialogue to trigger
Alright, here comes Debug Phase 2: Electric Boogaloo.
  1. Let's start with the first basic thing I can think of...is your Animtools Positions folder in the Settings directory? Your outermost SDT folder would be something like this:
    • Data
    • Guide
    • Mods
    • Settings
      • animtools_positions
      • Other stuff
    • Templates
    • Other files in the outer folder (i.e. the Loader and the standalone original program)
  2. You ARE opening the game (and the dialogue) through the Loader program?
  3. Animtools is a default mod in your $INIT folder, and added as such under your mods.Txt in the same location?
  4. You didn't delete the ATV_bothhandsonhim_slut_randomdude123.txt position from your Animtools Positions folder (or rename the position)?
  5. And here's the one I suspect is most likely causing it, assuming you've done all of the above right: are you having him orgasm directly and entirely into her throat? The handjob sequence is designed to only continue the story if he comes on her face or in her mouth.
I'm going to do a quick run through of my dialogue as it is currently here on the forum and see if I can reproduce your issue with my files.

EDIT: Just tried it. If you force trigger her ability to deepthroat before concluding the handjob and have the guy orgasm entirely into her throat, it stops the dialogue from progressing. Simple solution is to follow the instructions in the OP and just have the first sequence be entirely her jerking him off.

Last edited:

Diomedes42

Potential Patron
Alright, here comes Debug Phase 2: Electric Boogaloo.
  1. Let's start with the first basic thing I can think of...is your Animtools Positions folder in the Settings directory? Your outermost SDT folder would be something like this:
    • Data
    • Guide
    • Mods
    • Settings
      • animtools_positions
      • Other stuff
    • Templates
    • Other files in the outer folder (i.e. the Loader and the standalone original program)
  2. You ARE opening the game (and the dialogue) through the Loader program?
  3. Animtools is a default mod in your $INIT folder, and added as such under your mods.Txt in the same location?
  4. You didn't delete the ATV_bothhandsonhim_slut_randomdude123.txt position from your Animtools Positions folder (or rename the position)?
  5. And here's the one I suspect is most likely causing it, assuming you've done all of the above right: are you having him orgasm directly and entirely into her throat? The handjob sequence is designed to only continue the story if he comes on her face or in her mouth.
I'm going to do a quick run through of my dialogue as it is currently here on the forum and see if I can reproduce your issue with my files.

EDIT: Just tried it. If you force trigger her ability to deepthroat before concluding the handjob and have the guy orgasm entirely into her throat, it stops the dialogue from progressing. Simple solution is to follow the instructions in the OP and just have the first sequence be entirely her jerking him off.

So don't have her take him in her mouth at all for the first part? That might be the issue, even though I've been having him cum on her face

Edit: nope, still not progressing

Last edited:

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
Huh. That's weird. Do you have ANY other mods installed? That's all I can think of now. Perhaps you have some sort of installation error somewhere that's fucking it up. I've got the Loader, v15 Animtools, and v4.02 DialogueActions. I've even re-run the dialogue directly downloading it from this thread (rather than the copy on my computer) and it has run perfectly fine.

All I can really think to suggest is to get a whole new Loader and start from the ground up. Just get Animtools and DialogueActions and see if it's still fucking up...

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
I feel like this might almost be an issue with forum rules because it's sort of a bump but it's also not so it's getting posted anyways. I've updated Hung Like A Bully in a relatively major way. Critiques like this
These have some really abrupt endings. No time for the afterglow, get your clothes on before the parents get home!

Now do not apply as accurately to Hung Like A Bully! Why? Simple answer: FREEFORM!

Longer answer: There is now a system in place after the initial sex sequence that allows the user to continue sex to a degree (read: 5 further ejaculations) rather than a sudden, abrupt ending right after the climax. The system is fully explained in the "Instructions/Notes for End Users" portion of the Bully spoiler cloud. Additionally, there is now an additional requirement (albeit very, very minor) to properly run this dialogue; see Bully's "Mod/Asset Requirements" for more details.

I also intend to go back and rework Assassin Seduction and Out of This World to have similar freeform end sets (although theirs will be different because they won't have a strict limit - the story in Bully sort of forces a duration limit, but there isn't such a limit in the others so they'll just be a freeform end to allow for continued fucking. I might give Assassin a button to go to a final ending, but it won't be as "urgent" in the sense it is in Bully).

rob778

Potential Patron
You should just release a packaged loader folder with a working setup tbh, would save you the time troubleshooting, especially if you're going to release more dialogues in future.

I'm pretty lazy so I usually just try slam dialogues into Fleack's or WeeWillie's folder, but even they're missing some of the clothing mods you used. I just used different clothing instead here since it's not really worth the half hour or so to go configure a proper loader just for the Assassin dialogue.

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
I'm pretty lazy so I usually just try slam dialogues into Fleack's or WeeWillie's folder, but even they're missing some of the clothing mods you used. I just used different clothing instead here since it's not really worth the half hour or so to go configure a proper loader just for the Assassin dialogue.

My concern there was that I didn't know whether or not that sort of thing was allowed, as the clothes I use in my dialogues were made by people who aren't me. I figured since it wasn't my own original creation there was some sort of rule in place that said I can't do that. I suppose I'd be able to just credit the creator of the piece in a Sources.txt or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.