Problems while creating mods: What am I doing wrong? What layer to use for what? (1 Viewer)

Faceless

Content Creator
You can kinda-sorta compensate with shape hints. Here's an Adobe tutorial on shape tweens, which includes a surprisingly non-useless tutorial on shape hints.

nathan_dice

Potential Patron
A NEW CHALLENGE APPEARS! (thanks, Faceless, for the breast tweens thingy, it worked)

[attachimg=1]

Pawpads aren't changing from one hand position to another. Put the right Picture on the right positions depending on the tween's position (left hand handjob, left hand on back and right hand on his legs are where the pawpads currently are).

I think I did the scripting right:

//---------------------------right hand
handr = new newhandr();

//adds as skin - follows HSL sliders on Options tab
// main.loadManual(handr, main.her.rightForeArmContainer.upperArm.foreArm.hand);

//adds as costume - ignores HSL sliders on Options tab
//NOTE: if right glove is implemented, the right hand needs to be in hand job mode ("main.her.currentRightArmPosition = 3" or character code "arms:[ x ],handjob;") before the fingers are loaded, or buggy behavior results
// main.g.inGameMenu.loadData("arms:,handjob");
main.loadManual(handr, main.her.rightForeArmContainer.upperArmCostume.foreArmCostume.handCostume);

// right handjob support
handr.stop();

//---------------------------left hand
handl = new newhandl();

// main.loadManual(handl, main.her.leftArmContainer.upperArm.foreArm.hand);

main.loadManual(handl, main.her.leftArmContainer.upperArmCostume.foreArmCostume.handCostume);

//left handjob support
handl.stop();

//---------------------------left hand (behind back)
handlb = new newhandlb();

// main.loadManual(handlb, main.her.torso.midLayer.leftArm);

main.loadManual(handlb, main.her.torso.leftGlove);

Messed around the "//" add and removing and it didn't do jack. Found out that "hand(l or r).stop" needs to be activated or the hands keeps changing between tweens really fast non-stop (only way they change pictures) and activating or deactivating "main.g.inGameMenu.loadData("arms:,handjob");" don't show any difference on the outcome... any ideas? -_-"

(on a second issue, is there a way to hide the default ear WITHOUT a recolorable layer, or simply remove it, since the eyewear layer stays behind it?)

Attachments

• Test_5.png
    Test_5.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 243

sby

Content Creator
Coder
you should get the standalone flash content debugger.
that way when you have code that does invalid things, you will get a notification.

not sure if this will actually work to hide the ear, taking some blind shots:

for(var achild in main.g.her.ear)
{
achild.visible = false;
}

or perhaps a little better version:

for(var i = 0; i < main.g.her.ear.numChildren; i++)
{
main.g.her.ear.getChildAt(i).visible = false;
}

also, for the hands thing, i believe you will need some type of listener or proxy hook to have them change properly with the hands.
i think faceless has some example code in his zero suit samus mod, the code might also be somewhere in the template.

nathan_dice

Potential Patron
sby said:
not sure if this will actually work to hide the ear, taking some blind shots:

for(var achild in main.g.her.ear)
{
achild.visible = false;
}

or perhaps a little better version:

{
}

Could you elaborate a bit more, not following you... I don't know much about anything besides drawing...

sby said:
also, for the hands thing, i believe you will need some type of listener or proxy hook to have them change properly with the hands.
i think faceless has some example code in his zero suit samus mod, the code might also be somewhere in the template.

Even if he has the code on another creation, Flash CS6 don't allow me to see the contents of another user's creation.

It would be good for you to discuss scripting with someone that have the same knowledge level as you guys, but this guy here still need his "baby steps" first... thanks for everyone that have been trying to help me and sorry if I can't keep up with you.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
might want to look at actionscript videos or something if you want to do anything spectacular, or at least get some background info so you have some concept of what is going on.

perhaps at least look at syntax : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6hVOVUE4F4&t=58

Faceless

Content Creator
The template includes code for handling handjob mode. Scroll down to the bottom and enable it.

nathan_dice

Potential Patron
sby said:
might want to look at actionscript videos or something if you want to do anything spectacular, or at least get some background info so you have some concept of what is going on.

perhaps at least look at syntax : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6hVOVUE4F4&t=58

Sure thing, will do, thanks!

Faceless said:
The template includes code for handling handjob mode. Scroll down to the bottom and enable it.

//code for handjob
function handpos(){
//right hand
if(main.her.currentRightArmPosition == 3){
handr.gotoAndStop("handjob");

/* if(!main.her.rightForeArmContainer.upperArm.foreArm.hand.grip.contains(fingerr)) {
main.loadManual(fingerr, main.her.rightForeArmContainer.upperArm.foreArm.hand.grip);
}
*/
/* if(!main.her.rightForeArmContainer.upperArmCostume.foreArmCostume.handCostume.glove.contains(fingerr)) {
main.loadManual(fingerr, main.her.rightForeArmContainer.upperArmCostume.foreArmCostume.handCostume.glove);
main.her.rightForeArmContainer.upperArmCostume.foreArmCostume.handCostume.setChildIndex(
main.her.rightForeArmContainer.upperArmCostume.foreArmCostume.handCostume.glove,
handr
);
}
*/
fingerr.visible = true;
fingerr.scaleY = main.her.rightForeArmContainer.upperArm.foreArm.hand.grip.scaleY;
}
else{
handr.gotoAndStop("normal");
fingerr.visible = false;
}

//left hand
if(main.her.currentLeftArmPosition == 3){
handl.gotoAndStop("handjob");
}
else{
handl.gotoAndStop("normal");
} (there was a "*/" here, but the flash refused to publish the mod until it was removed)
}

[attachimg=1]

Left hand is showing proper images at "back" and "handjob" positions, but refuses to go blank on "her legs", "his legs" and "loose" positions (1, 2 and 4? Assuming "back" is 0 and "handjob" is 3).

Attachments

• Test_6.png
    Test_6.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 205

nathan_dice

Potential Patron
sby said:
{
}

This one worked just fine! It removes succesfuly the current ear in place (if you change the ear, it will load another ear, but you just load the mod again).

The text just needs to be on this configuration:

{
}

main.loadManual(ear, main.her.ear);

>>>if not, however, it also erases the mod within the "ear" layer... THANKS

Faceless

Content Creator
nathan_dice said:
Y'know, there is a code tag.

Anyway, are you doing anything with the fingers? Because there's a reference to fingerr here, but on the previous page I don't see fingerr being instantiated. Try commenting out the fingerr lines in handpos() and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.