Problems while creating mods: What am I doing wrong? What layer to use for what? (1 Viewer)

nathan_dice

Potential Patron
Greetings!

I drawn my mod on photoshop using the reference pictures, then I import the ones I need on CS6, align then with the reference models and verify if the pic is in the same layer as the wanted template. After aligning and editing the settings (only turning boolean false or leaving it true), I change to the main screen. On the main screen, I drag-and-drop each and all individual template mod into the "mods" layer, naming each and then registering each under the settings' actions tab...

I must have been missing something here, as the only mod I could ever load properly (or at all) was the ones made with the eyewear template (tested the body, top, bottom, eyewear and headwea templates, under the template tap, which I assume is the correct since they are the only scenes that have a "settings" layer).

Help, I really want to release something on this site anytime soon!

Progic

Potential Patron
Re: Serious problem when creating mods: Only eyewear template works!

I would help but it seems your doing everything right from what you stated. Personally I use the template from Faceless out of preference.

I used to use the same template you're using a while back though and didn't have problems with it, make sure you're typing the names right in the settings and that you have the stuff you made on the right layers (pay attention to the top of canvas), and hide outlines. If you screenshot your layers and script I might be able to help but no promises as I'm not a god at Flash lol.

Last edited:

nathan_dice

Potential Patron

I would love to post some screens, but it seems the attachments can't load for some reason (why is everything so hard for me?)... but I'm probably on the right course, since my eyewear mods Always shows up ingame and don't present any kind of problem (done like 10 to test) and I'm using the same technique to make the other mods...

There must be some problem with the scripting that came with the templates, as when I load them ingame, even with the boolean-false option, no previous pieces are substituted, it's like the mod doesn't even load.

Care to enlighten me on how to use Faceless' mod? From what I have been seeing (already downloaded it) it is much more resourceful in terms of templates, but lack any guidance in terms of scripting... my nemesis...

Progic

Potential Patron

Edited and removed to avoid future confusion.. lol.

Last edited:

nathan_dice

Potential Patron

Thanks, man!
Basically I'm trying to do a recolorable Anthro Wolf ear and nostril, but while trying to make the ear follow the character's skin colors I Didi the following:

Added a line after the newear line (203)
"adds as skin - follows ;HSL sliders on Options tab"

Now line 206 (main.loadManual(neck, main.her.head.neck);) is presenting the following problems:

-Scene 1, Layer 'Layer 1', Frame 1, Line 206 1071: Syntax error: expected a definition keyword (such as function) after attribute HSL, not sliders.
-Scene 1, Layer 'Layer 1', Frame 1, Line 206 1084: Syntax error: expecting rightbrace before semicolon.

After putting a righbrace before the semicolon at the end of the line, the only statement that keeps appearing is the 1071 syntax error (expected a definition keyword (such as function) after attribute HSL, not sliders)

Abandoning the idea of making it recolorable erases the need of the rightbrace before semicolon and the 206 line problem, however, the mod won't load as usual...

[attachimg=1]
This is what I got from the vanilla modding through "eyewear" modding... the only progress I have ever made, still it won't hide the original ear and both anthro parts (nostril and ear) don't follow the character's change of skin color...

Anyone wants to team up with me? I send the mod's images and we can test them and publish together, how about that? (because it seems I'm a no-goner when it cames to make them by myself)

Attachments

• Test_1.png
    Test_1.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 371

Faceless

Content Creator

Why did you uncomment line 203?

Progic

Potential Patron

nathan_dice said:
Thanks, man!
Basically I'm trying to do a recolorable Anthro Wolf ear and nostril, but while trying to make the ear follow the character's skin colors I Didi the following:

Added a line after the newear line (203)
"adds as skin - follows ;HSL sliders on Options tab"

Now line 206 (main.loadManual(neck, main.her.head.neck);) is presenting the following problems:

-Scene 1, Layer 'Layer 1', Frame 1, Line 206 1071: Syntax error: expected a definition keyword (such as function) after attribute HSL, not sliders.
-Scene 1, Layer 'Layer 1', Frame 1, Line 206 1084: Syntax error: expecting rightbrace before semicolon.

After putting a righbrace before the semicolon at the end of the line, the only statement that keeps appearing is the 1071 syntax error (expected a definition keyword (such as function) after attribute HSL, not sliders)

Abandoning the idea of making it recolorable erases the need of the rightbrace before semicolon and the 206 line problem, however, the mod won't load as usual...

[attachimg=1]
This is what I got from the vanilla modding through "eyewear" modding... the only progress I have ever made, still it won't hide the original ear and both anthro parts (nostril and ear) don't follow the character's change of skin color...

Anyone wants to team up with me? I send the mod's images and we can test them and publish together, how about that? (because it seems I'm a no-goner when it cames to make them by myself)

I'm clueless on what the problem is now and I've done something for the ear but it was a long time ago, like I said I'm not that good at flash myself :(

Sorry that I couldn't help you fix your problem, I tried atleast I guess lol
Faceless himself would be able to help you much more than me

Last edited:

nathan_dice

Potential Patron

MaliceParagon said:
Sorry that I couldn't help you fix your problem, I tried atleast I guess lol
Faceless himself would be able to help you much more than me.

That's OK, man, thanks for the help!

Faceless said:
Why did you uncomment line 203?

Because the mod I'm doing right now is a "recolorable" Wolf ear to substitute the default ear. Did I do something wrong, Mr. Faceless?

Faceless

Content Creator

That was me hinting that you should recomment line 203, because line 203 is a comment describing what that bit of code does and is not actually executable code. Hence the syntax errors. Hell, the template tutorial even shows the descriptive comments remaining commented.

nathan_dice

Potential Patron

WE did it! The mod loaded on the loader program, it loaded and is color changing!

THANKS YOU GUYS!

Just one last question: is there anthing that goes OVER the ear but it's not skincolor affected? Need that for the nose (since I used the ear to make the face, as I needed it to follow the skin color AND hide the upper lip).

nathan_dice

Potential Patron

What I got Right: different layers of fur on the inner ear and a way to make the mod follow skin colors and be compatible with eyewear while still hiding the upper lip (the upper part of the mod was done using "herface" layer, the lower part using "ear" layer). Nose was made using eyewear successfuly. (Picture 01)

What I did Wrong: don't know if there is a way to make a layer go above the original ear and DON'T follow the skin color: the upper layers of fur inside the ear changes color too. Upper lip lipstick, a layer done to give some charm to the character, can't be recolorable and stays behind the ear layer. (Picture 02)

[attachimg=1]

(chest too is not behaving very well... used all 3 costume options (chestCostume, upperChestCostume and chestUnderCostume) and the chest piece still go over the right breast... the colorful lines are just guides to ilustrate what I meant and I know how to get rid of them, by the way)

[attachimg=2]

So far so good with feline parts (still need to find a way to make top layer don't follow HSL sliders, considering .PNG mod, but afraid it can mess/erase other mods people may like to use with mine):

[attachimg=3]

Is there a way to make a lipstick mod? (follows lip's HSL sliders)

Attachments

• Test_2.png
    Test_2.png
    174.3 KB · Views: 312
  • Test_3.png
    Test_3.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 290
  • Test_4.png
    Test_4.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 276

Progic

Potential Patron
The chest really can't be fixed, at least not that I'm aware of, instead I usually have to think on how big I want the breasts to be, and then I draw out that far. (would have to result in thicker fur in your case, since the breasts sway back and forth when she moves lol)

Lipstick HSL? only thing I could say to do is to make a notch specifically for the upper lip to show I guess

Last edited:

nathan_dice

Potential Patron
Faceless said:
You're not using the breast costume layers, that's why.

I... don't know how to use the breast layers... I know that draging that thingy through the timeline you get 2~150 breast sizes, the problem is I can just modify the numbers 1,2,50,70,100 and150 with paste or import, any other scene those option are blackned and I can't drag one drawing from between then (any drawing disappears as expected once I change the "timeline number" or whatever it is called).

How do you modify the breats?

Faceless

Content Creator
Um, yes? Shape Tweens (as indicated by the green) inherently assume that the key frames (as indicated by the dots) have shape objects to work with, and not bitmaps or Symbols or anything else. If you've got shapes on the key frames but they do crazy things like vanish or twist while tweening, it's because your shapes suck and Flash is spazzing out about it.

mike

Casual Client
Given your picture, it could also be because you're on the "glare" layer which is indeed locked. It did happen to me a few times (still does).

You can either click on the lock to unlock the layer and draw on it or select another layer.

[attachimg=1]

Attachments

• png.png
    png.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 296

nathan_dice

Potential Patron
Mike said:
You can either click on the lock to unlock the layer and draw on it or select another layer.
[attachimg=1]

Thanks, but I opened a file just to take the screenshot, I actualy tried every possible layer and always double-check the little lock on the side.

Faceless said:
Shape objects to work with, and not bitmaps or Symbols or anything else [...] (if) they do crazy things like vanish or twist while tweening, it's because your shapes suck and Flash is spazzing out about it.

How do I work around that? Or at all, considering that?

(sorry for being time-consuming, I just suck at flash creators and programing... good artist, tho)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.