Organizing characters (1 Viewer)

BorderlineDefective

Potential Patron
I wanted to organize my characters in the character list, because after importing two charlist backups its a never ending list. While i can drag and drop the characters, it is however not possible to put them into folders.
And as i have not found a post asking this yet, i thought may aswell ask how to import a charlist backup into a certain subfolder, if at all possible. Or otherwise if there is a workaround.
Also when a character has a custom Background file, upon loading the character it flashes to the loaded BG.png for a frame and then reverts right back to the default one, does anyone know what might cause that?

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
While i can drag and drop the characters, it is however not possible to put them into folders.
If your character is defined in the form of a Character Folder then it can be moved into a subfolder (or nested subfolder). Doing so manually is somewhat arduous; there are tools available which can simplify the process.

If you've used the in-game "Save Character" button then your character cannot be moved. It will remain in the top-level folder of the roster. It can be reordered (moved to the left or right) but not nested.

i thought may aswell ask how to import a charlist backup into a certain subfolder, if at all possible.
A charlist backup will either replace your list of vanilla saved characters, or merge itself into your list. Either way, it's a set of vanilla saved characters rather than character folders. It cannot be moved into a particular subfolder.

Or otherwise if there is a workaround.
Not really. You can manually create a new Character Folder to represent each one of your saved girls, and then organize those files into the appropriate folder structure, and finally delete the vanilla character entries from your roster (because they're no longer needed).

But the procedure will be somewhat time-consuming and there's a risk of errors (e.g. copy-paste mistakes). If you Search the forum then you might find some discussion of scripts or programs to automate the process -- but this is a long-shot possibility. Such tools are technically feasible, but I'm not certain that anyone ever actually created one.

upon loading the character it flashes to the loaded BG.png for a frame and then reverts right back to the default one
SWF files can include snippets of charcode information. A custom shirt, for example, might set the girl's breasts to a specific size so that the shirt will fit correctly. Modders sometimes include entire charcodes within their SWF files, due to misunderstanding or carelessness. You might load a pair of sunglasses and find that the background has been replaced, the girl's skin has been recolored, and that the male character's penis has changed size.

Take a look at your Settings.txt file. You can change the blockCharData option from 0 to 1, then restart the game and check whether the problem still occurs. Of course this isn't a perfect fix, because it will also block sensible and beneficial effects (such as the shirt-fitting thing mentioned above). If you're happy with the change then we can leave it at that; if you want to pursue the issue then we can try to find a more nuanced solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.