NickyWorld BDO costume & armor mods (4 Viewers)

kkoraz

Vivacious Visitor
what is the dds for the plum 'grunil' armor? that mod looks great, would like to specifically use that one without moving in the other files

kkoraz

Vivacious Visitor
so ive been messing with manipulating the dds files in paint net. For example for the 'jegrina' costume for plum I tried trimming away more of the shorts - but for some reason when i did it the entire shorts disappeared in game. any idea what i may be doing wrong?

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
what is the dds for the plum 'grunil' armor? that mod looks great, would like to specifically use that one without moving in the other files

Here are the filenames for the Plum Charles Rene costume which I swapped out for the Grunil:
473663678.dds
867726445.dds
1657787454.dds
2166737645.dds
3195384492.dds
408639139.dds

Have you managed to figure out what the settings should be? It always asks for settings when I try save a file...??

When I save a dds texture in Paint.net the settings are like this:
DXT1 or DXT5 depending which type it is
Compressor Type = Iterative fit
Error Metric = Perceptual
Additional Options both checked (Weight Color & Generate Mip Maps = On)
Fant

so ive been messing with manipulating the dds files in paint net. For example for the 'jegrina' costume for plum I tried trimming away more of the shorts - but for some reason when i did it the entire shorts disappeared in game. any idea what i may be doing wrong?

Most likely you're saving the textures incorrectly, see my reply to vanzgoogle above for the correct settings.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I've updated the first post on this topic to include the latest version of my mods pack, which you can get here:
NickyWorldBDOv7.7z

There were a few armors I was still working on that have been added and more refining will be done for the next update.
I forgot to screenshot the last Plum armor (Hercules' Might swapped to the Awakening) so I'll add that image later.
For some unknown reason, modding this armor has resulted in a "ghost/frozen" effect on her right hand gloves, but it looks quite cool so I'm happy with it.

As always, please read the instructions for correct use.

Nharea

Vivacious Visitor
Thanks for those armors !
Also, the frozen right hand on Maehwa is like that on the vanilla armor too, I tried swapping it without any retexture and it was like that already.

If you look at the end of this video, you can see a sneak peek at Musa and Maehwa awakened weap & armors, it's even glowing :D

Rhitta

Potential Patron
Thank for so many you have done!
But,the kibelius of Witch still have 2 layer clothes.Do you have any method to fix it?I really want it.
Thanks!

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
But,the kibelius of Witch still have 2 layer clothes.Do you have any method to fix it?I really want it.
Thanks!

That's a bit of a mystery, the second layer isn't a separate texture that can be removed, instead it appears to be the same texture used twice.
I don't know why they have done this for the witch, unless it was wrong coding in the instructions which tell the game how this costume is used by the witch class.
My best guess is there are two versions of the costume designed to fit the slightly different shapes of the female classes, and probably by accident the witch has ended up with both size versions of this texture file getting applied instead of just one.
If there will be a fix for this, it's not going to be through texture modding, so it's beyond my skills to do it sadly.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Hey Nicky Im having some trouble locating this file
https://i.imgur.com/5b37eV4.jpg

I really like it and would like to change only this one for now. If you know the dds I'd really appreciate it

The files I modded for the Plum Red Moon costume are:
491043312.dds
2452397449.dds
2455192927.dds
2518989139.dds
These ones are also part of it but I didn't make changes:
114156877.dds
3348324713.dds

Nharea

Vivacious Visitor
Thanks!
A workaround for that would be to use the Kibelius from another class with the armor swap.
I tried with the sorceress one and it worked

Here's the code if needed :
Code:
<!-- Swap starter Witch armor to Kibelius Sorceress  -->
<Conditional Code="U">
    <Model Index="-">1_PC/8_PWW/ARMOR/9_UPPERBODY/PWW_03_UB_0003.PAC</Model>
    <Model Index="U">1_PC/2_PHW/ARMOR/9_UPPERBODY/PHW_00_UB_0034_01.PAC</Model>
</Conditional>

Rhitta

Potential Patron
A workaround for that would be to use the Kibelius from another class with the armor swap.

Code:
<Conditional Code="U">
</Conditional>
Thank you so much!
I tried this workaround and it worked well!Now the Kibelius of my witch have only one layer clothes.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator

Code:
<Conditional Code="U">
</Conditional>

You are a genius <3

Snicklebits

Potential Patron
If I have the .dds for a certain piece of gear I want, how do I get that in the code format?

Last edited:

Deviluke

Potential Patron
can I get the .dds for the Ranger Ignis costume if you wouldn't mind, I prefer the normal armour?

Last edited:

Snicklebits

Potential Patron
dUORU5f.jpg

What is the .dds for this one? And do I put that number is place of PEW_02_UB_0005.pac (grunil set) for example? I feel like it wasnt explained, i've read everything three times. And in the future how can I view which model goes to which .dds so I wont have to ask? Sorry about all the questions, ty!

kkoraz

Vivacious Visitor
how does one go about getting the base dds files (ie the actual full armor dds files) from the game files? I've been having a lot of fun modding your mods but i'd also like to mess around with some of the costuems you havent gotten to as well. I just dont know how to get those files.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
If I have the .dds for a certain piece of gear I want, how do I get that in the code format?

I have no idea sorry, I just work with the DDS files directly. However there are a large number of those codes with matching images on this topic Black Desert - How to Swap Armors Costumes and Weapons which should help you.

can I get the .dds for the Ranger Ignis costume if you wouldn't mind, I prefer the normal armour?

The Ranger Ignis costume is made up of:
374833862.dds
1908889755.dd
550419656.dds
2717508676.dds
1295731765.dds
2872329354.dds
1317877797.dds
3149741821.dds

dUORU5f.jpg

What is the .dds for this one? And do I put that number is place of PEW_02_UB_0005.pac (grunil set) for example? I feel like it wasnt explained, i've read everything three times. And in the future how can I view which model goes to which .dds so I wont have to ask? Sorry about all the questions, ty!

The Ranger Charles Rene costume is made up of:
100991186.dds
1982829551.dds
2277543367.dds
3719067796.dds
2397344132.dds
3665314492.dds
The rest of your questions I don't understand sorry.
My mods pack is exactly as it says, a pack of mods, it's not a catalogue where you simply click on one and say "I want that one".
Each armor/costume has varying amounts of files belonging to it, and in some cases files are shared between more than one armor/costume.

how does one go about getting the base dds files (ie the actual full armor dds files) from the game files? I've been having a lot of fun modding your mods but i'd also like to mess around with some of the costuems you havent gotten to as well. I just dont know how to get those files.

Ray Wing's excellent Resorep tool isn't just for dropping mods into BDO, it can also capture textures for you.
It's all explained in the instructions on the Resorep topic [Tool] Resorep - Black Desert Online texture replacer

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.