NickyWorld BDO costume & armor mods (1 Viewer)

Snicklebits

Potential Patron
I think I understand now, I was trying to use the .DDS file name into the code, when all you've done is edit the preexisting outfits that can be found in the armor changing thread. So if I go into beauty tab and the first outfit I click is something I like, then I use the other thread to swap to the first character creation outfit. Makes sense now sorry I feel dumb.

Why exactly do people ask for the DDS then? To make personal modifications themselves?

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I think I understand now, I was trying to use the .DDS file name into the code, when all you've done is edit the preexisting outfits that can be found in the armor changing thread. So if I go into beauty tab and the first outfit I click is something I like, then I use the other thread to swap to the first character creation outfit. Makes sense now sorry I feel dumb.

Why exactly do people ask for the DDS then? To make personal modifications themselves?

My mods pack provides modded alternatives for most of the regular armors you see when trying out clothing in the character creation screen, the idea being to give people a "complete" BDO world where female characters around you look more sexy/naughty as well as your own character.
I've included mods for some of the cash shop costumes as well and more of those will get added as I go along.
People ask for specific DDS files from me so they can make their own changes or perhaps they preferred the unmodded look of certain costumes and want to remove those files from the pack.
My mods are there for people to use as they wish, not everyone has to like my view of the BDO world, but chances are if they are into the type of modding I do, they're going to enjoy most of my work :)

Mike Hunter

Potential Patron
Hi Nicky, really love the mods, thanks for taking the time to make them!

You mentioned being able to capture dds files through resorep and I've been trying to get my hands on a few original texture dds files. I followed the instructions on raywing's post but since I used the manual installation method, I assumed I needed to change dllsetings.ini in the blackdesertonline\bin64 folder directly instead of using the ui. However after I change save_textures=true and launch the game and change into the costume texture I need through Pearl Shop, I don't receive any textures in my original folder. Do you know what I might be doing wrong?

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Hi Nicky, really love the mods, thanks for taking the time to make them!

You mentioned being able to capture dds files through resorep and I've been trying to get my hands on a few original texture dds files. I followed the instructions on raywing's post but since I used the manual installation method, I assumed I needed to change dllsetings.ini in the blackdesertonline\bin64 folder directly instead of using the ui. However after I change save_textures=true and launch the game and change into the costume texture I need through Pearl Shop, I don't receive any textures in my original folder. Do you know what I might be doing wrong?

I started out having to do the manual installation method and even with that I could choose my output folder for capturing textures with the Resorep UI.
If you look at the bottom of the UI you see your choice of where to Save Original Textures To, change that to someplace with plenty of space for texture files (I don't recommend setting it to the "Originals" folder within Resorep).
Whatever location you choose, Resorep then automatically created three subfolders (DXT1, DXT5 & uncompressed) and this is where it's going to store the textures it captures whenever you tick the box in the UI.
So whatever location that's currently set to is likely where you'll find all your captured textures... and that could be a huge number if you've been ticking the box randomly.

think it's possible to have the mod affect npcs too?

Yes it's possible, or at least something is possible with NPC costumes, I'm just not sure how much can be done to them.
Capturing the costume textures will be a pain in the butt though certainly it can be done.
However, I expect the basebody to be heavily clipped (in other words no skin mesh) under the clothing which would limit how much modding can be done.
It may be possible to force the game to use full basebodies or even partial basebodies under clothing, I don't know if there are XML files with this kind of information we can access but I guess there are.
The idea is something to look at in the future when we run out of player clothing to mod, but I can see it being a ton of work.

kkoraz

Vivacious Visitor
Thanks for the tip! holy crap though theres so many dds files in reality for each costume. I guess there's some knowhow in figuring out which ones you need to mod =x

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Thanks for the tip! holy crap though theres so many dds files in reality for each costume. I guess there's some knowhow in figuring out which ones you need to mod =x

I have always said that texture modding is a mixture of art and voodoo, and this starts with recognising which files are the ones you need. Some are pretty obvious and others are far from it.
BDO is specially confusing since the devs seem to use random numbers of DXT1 and DXT5 files for each costume/armor so you can never know in advance how many or which type of file you're going to be looking for.
The more you do it, the easier it gets.

Nharea

Vivacious Visitor
I don't know if there's some easier solution, but what I usually do is :

Step 1 :
Create 2 character (lets say char#1 and char#2), with different classes, on a server you don't play (I do this because I already use all my char slot on my server).

Step 2 :
- Start your game and get to the character selection screen, you should be positioned on char#1, don't select char#2 yet!
- Have Resorep save textures and then select char#2 on the selection screen. You can stop saving textures now.
- You should now have a set of textures in your resorep save folder including only the ones from the character selection of this class and starter armor, copy those into a separate folder (I named mine "Without")

Step 3 :
- Swap the starter armor of char#2's class to the armor you want to mod
- Start your game and get to the character selection screen, you should be positioned on char#1, don't select char#2 yet!
- Have Resorep save textures and then select char#2 on the selection screen.
- You should now have a set of textures in your resorep save folder including the ones from the character selection of this class, starter armor and the swapped armor, copy those into a separate folder (I named mine "With")

Step 4 :
Compare the content of your folder "With" and "Without" the armor you want to mod, the only difference should be texture from your swapped armor, get those out and work with it :)
(If you don't want to compare the content of the 2 folders manually, you can use some tools like WinMerge)

This method worked for the few armors I tried to mod.
Of course you don't have to repeat step 1 each time you want to mod a new armor...
Also, if anyone have an easier solution, please feel free to share.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I don't know if there's some easier solution, but what I usually do is :

Step 1 :
Create 2 character (lets say char#1 and char#2), with different classes, on a server you don't play (I do this because I already use all my char slot on my server).

Step 2 :
- Have Resorep save textures and then select char#2 on the selection screen. You can stop saving textures now.
- You should now have a set of textures in your resorep save folder including only the ones from the character selection of this class and starter armor, copy those into a separate folder (I named mine "Without")

Step 3 :
- Swap the starter armor of char#2's class to the armor you want to mod
- Have Resorep save textures and then select char#2 on the selection screen.
- You should now have a set of textures in your resorep save folder including the ones from the character selection of this class, starter armor and the swapped armor, copy those into a separate folder (I named mine "With")

Step 4 :
Compare the content of your folder "With" and "Without" the armor you want to mod, the only difference should be texture from your swapped armor, get those out and work with it :)
(If you don't want to compare the content of the 2 folders manually, you can use some tools like WinMerge)

This method worked for the few armors I tried to mod.
Of course you don't have to repeat step 1 each time you want to mod a new armor...
Also, if anyone have an easier solution, please feel free to share.

I like your method, it's certainly very thorough :)
It's ideal for anyone who is confident with modifying the multiplemodel XML file each time, otherwise you would actually have to own the armor/costume you want to mod which you wouldn't really want to bother doing for a random char you created.
My own method is far less detailed, but like you I use the character creation screens wherever possible as this limits the amount of textures you'll capture at one time. In-game cash shop screen also works and of course is handy for working on costumes you don't own, but you have more textures to look through each time.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Essential update to fix the issue with basebody since latest game patch:
NickyWorldBDO7b.7z
Fix for Witch Kibelius costume added to change the double cloth into single transparent cloth.
Front page image also updated to show modded Plum Awakening.

Last edited:

SyrenSyn

Potential Patron
NickyWorldBDO7b.7z
Fix for Witch Kibelius costume added to change the double cloth into single transparent cloth.

I installed this but the body mesh is still missing on all my costumes as well as several swapped armors defaulting back to their original versions. Are there any additional files that need to be updated besides whats provided in your version 7b download?

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I installed this but the body mesh is still missing on all my costumes as well as several swapped armors defaulting back to their original versions. Are there any additional files that need to be updated besides whats provided in your version 7b download?

Yes, you need to read the start of this topic to see how to use my mods correctly :)

SyrenSyn

Potential Patron
Sorry I should have stated that I have had everything working great for a while now but todays patch broke it, and was trying to figure out what else had changed due to the new patch.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Sorry I should have stated that I have had everything working great for a while now but todays patch broke it, and was trying to figure out what else had changed due to the new patch.

Today's patch didn't break anything, but you need to uninstall your modding method before patching and then reinstall it after the patching is done.
I've been using the method that I linked on the first page of this topic and it's working perfectly after re-installing it.
You don't need to do anything with the files you have in your Resorep *modded" folder, it's just your modding method inside your BDO Paz folder you need to un-install/re-install.
This process must be done each time the game gets a patch otherwise things stop working as they should.

SyrenSyn

Potential Patron
Oops :) Thanks for the reply, I was so quick to assume major problems I forgot that step. By the way, love everything you've done. Keep up the great work and as always I look forward to your updates.

kkoraz

Vivacious Visitor
so been using resorep to snag textures and its been working great. But I am still confused by spotting which dds files i need to mod.
For example, for the plum 'jacaranda' costume -
25815453.dds
is the main file for the costume. But there's the sorta see thru mesh skirt thing (which has the flowery design on it) and I just cannot find the file that alters that. I'm not sure if resorep is grabbing it. Any tips to look for those kind of things?

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Nharea gave details of a good method for finding the textures you want, it's about 10 posts back on this topic.
If you use your character with the swapped out Jacaranda as the char#2 it should work for you.
When searching for the texture files, you have to be a bit creative, just because what you're looking for is a flowery mesh skirt doesn't mean the file is going to look like a flowery mesh skirt, it could just be a square pattern for example.

Yuki Raven

Potential Patron
NickyWorldBDO7b.7z
Hey Nicky any chance you can release the Kibelius for witch with the single layer in a separate download? one with and one without wings. It would be very much appreciated ^_^

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Hey Nicky any chance you can release the Kibelius for witch with the single layer in a separate download? one with and one without wings. It would be very much appreciated ^_^

Well of course it can be done, but you have to be using a modding method that allows changes to the multiplemodeldesc.xml file so that the 2nd layer of cloth on the Witch Kibelius can be removed.
You need to add the following script at the start of that file:

<Conditional Code="U">
<Model Index="-">1_PC/8_PWW/ARMOR/9_UPPERBODY/PWW_00_UB_0034.PAC</Model>
<Model Index="U">1_PC/2_PHW/ARMOR/9_UPPERBODY/PHW_00_UB_0034.PAC</Model>
</Conditional>

The download files should be unpacked to your Resorep "modded" folder as always.
KibeliusWingless.7z
For the version with wings, remove or delete 3125651417.dds

As the Kibelius costume is available to all female classes, this mod is going to work on all of them, although the XML script is only needed for the Witch since all the others get a single layer of cloth from the start.

Attachments

KibeliusWingless.7z
59.2 KB · Views: 265

Yuki Raven

Potential Patron
Well of course it can be done, but you have to be using a modding method that allows changes to the multiplemodeldesc.xml file so that the 2nd layer of cloth on the Witch Kibelius can be removed.
You need to add the following script at the start of that file:

<Conditional Code="U">
<Model Index="-">1_PC/8_PWW/ARMOR/9_UPPERBODY/PWW_00_UB_0034.PAC</Model>
<Model Index="U">1_PC/2_PHW/ARMOR/9_UPPERBODY/PHW_00_UB_0034.PAC</Model>
</Conditional>

The download files should be unpacked to your Resorep "modded" folder as always.
KibeliusWingless.7z
For the version with wings, remove or delete 3125651417.dds

As the Kibelius costume is available to all female classes, this mod is going to work on all of them, although the XML script is only needed for the Witch since all the others get a single layer of cloth from the start.
Thank you very much for your quick reply its very much appreciated <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.