need the RGB adjustable part to be distributed over different layers. (1 Viewer)

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
OK, so by now I have a couple of mods I'd like to release, but I want to come out of the gates with a bang and make them RGB adjustable. Here's a problem I've run in to: I need the RGB adjustable part to be distributed over different layers.

Rfs8TFW.jpg

And this is what it's supposed to look like (the non RGB adjustable version)

30o3HCe.jpg

Is it possible to solve this without a bunch of action script? Can you somehow mark layers within rgbFill to not be rgb adjustable?

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
DigitalSmutExports DigitalSmutExports
Firstly, you'd better post a new thread in the Help section, because this has little to do with Synonymous' tutorial, and others may be looking for the same question and won't find it if it's burried into this thread.

Secondly, why are you using so many layers?
Just merge all your layers, put the lines in one layer, convert them to fill, coulr them black (50% alpha) and a rgbFill symbol in another layer below, the same size as the lines (so its colour will be added to the 50% alpha black lines and make a darker colour for these lines.
Et volià Madame !

Anyway, having multiple rgbFill symbols in one template will not work (only the first one will be recognised).

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Firstly, you'd better post a new thread in the Help section, because this has little to do with Synonymous' tutorial

If you're stuck or get an error, post here or in the Help Board
Unfortunately I can't help immediately, but someone else might

Secondly, why are you using so many layers?

Because some shapes overlap and if I do that some lines will end up tinting stuff they're supposed to be underneath. if it had been possible to do it the way I wanted I wouldn't have the crop any of the lines (which is gonna be a pain). Once I merge everything it's gonna be messy if I want to go back and edit something. That's what I'll have to do, but if it had been possible to do it the way I wanted it would have allowed me to keep it (and future mods) better organized.

Thanks for the answer.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Once I merge everything it's gonna be messy if I want to go back and edit something.
What I often do is keeping all the layers containing separate drawings as guides (that wont appear in the SWF) and merge everything in rgbFill & line layers.
Like this, you can always modify the parts you want (you'll still have to merge everything again after, but that is not such a big work).

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.