Need Some Head? UPDATE: 12-21-14 - Nami & KanColle forehead fix (1 Viewer)

stuntcock

Content Creator
  • it's not possible to unload the mod by clicking the arrow button (⤺).
    • I can add that feature, but it wasn't crucial for the first pass.
I've decided not to do this. It occurs to me that someone might want to muscular man mod to be active semi-permanently (e.g. by including it in $INIT$ and $RESET$) even while the user is loading and unloading various instanced mods (e.g. hairstyles and costumes for the girl). I can't find any obvious way of determining whether the Muscular mod was loaded via button click, and if I listen for the arrow button then it will unload the Muscular mod regardless of how it was loaded.

So I'll just take the lazy route and ignore the arrow button entirely. Use the Reset button to remove muscles.

we can repackage this mod to include a head (so that you could just load one file and not worry about the load-order stuff). I'm not going to offer variants for every head (because the work is tedious) but I'll happily do 2 or 3 if you can identify your favorites.
Still waiting on this one. If you want me to merge a head into the file then let me know. If you want the body to be a standalone thing then that's fine, but please remember that using it with one of Dante's heads means that SDT will be drawing 3 male body sprites. You'll suffer a bit of FPS loss.

I can and will add a Dark Skin variant with automatic switch via scripting. It wasn't necessary for the first pass, but it's easy enough to include it in the "release" version. For now, please test this file with the Light Skin male body.
This has been done.

It turned out pretty good so far. Thanks! I'll see about adding shading like you suggested. Any suggestions?
There's no easy answer.

I tried to copy the SDT shading patterns, but they're fairly complex (six separate gradients). We can easily stretch them so that they reach the new (slightly larger) outline of the torso. But that's not really sufficient; we'd need to actually redraw them so that they conform to the new contours of the muscle mass (e.g. draw a slight shadow under the prominent pectorals, draw highlights horizontally across the torso to emphasize the "ridgelines" of the chiseled abs, maybe add some vertical highlight lines to suggest bulging six-pack, etc). The vanilla torso is somewhat flabby and shapeless, so the new one would need greater detail (perhaps ten or eleven separate gradients instead of six). It's certainly far beyond my artistic ability :)

More importantly: even if you take the time to draw very detailed shading, your effort won't be fully rewarded. I've made changes to the shape of your torso for technical reasons (as previously discussed) and so I'd need to reshape and refit any shading patterns that you draw. If you decide to learn Flash at some point (so that you could draw the shading patterns directly into the FLA source file) then you could publish an improved version of this mod. If we need to go through several intermediate steps (with re-work and loss of detail at each stage) then it's probably not worth the effort.

For now, I've added a quick-and-dirty gradient which produces subtle brightness on the middle of the torso and shadowing at the ventral and dorsal edges (akin to normal mapping -- it gives the suggestion of a more 3-dimensional shape). There's also a deeper shadow on the mons pubis, which was included merely for the sake of consistency -- the SDT male torso has a very dark pelvis.

FZY9Ygm.jpg

sdt-maleBody-muscular.mod

cuttetwink

Content Creator
Hey, dantethedarkprince dantethedarkprince , I've took the liberty to draw a proportionate head based on the man from Mizuryu Kei's doujin "Undou Shimasho!"
Xb3RKs5.png

P079.jpg

If you could make a .swf out of it I'd be more than happy and grateful. It'd be a pleasure working together!

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
Hey, dantethedarkprince dantethedarkprince , I've took the liberty to draw a proportionate head based on the man from Mizuryu Kei's doujin "Undou Shimasho!"
Dante isn't active in SDT modding at present; he's devoting his attention to his family :)

If you can share a vector copy of your work (SVG, AI, FLA, etc) then I can generate a head mod for you. It's possible to generate a mod using the raster image that you've already posted, but it isn't ideal (due to larger SWF filesize and lower fidelity). Working with vectors also allows us to easily compensate for minor oddities -- such as a mismatch between the outline color/thickness of the head vs the shoulders.

Do you want me to attempt a dark-skinned variant, or are you satisfied with the current skin tone?

cuttetwink

Content Creator
Dante isn't active in SDT modding at present; he's devoting his attention to his family :)

If you can share a vector copy of your work (SVG, AI, FLA, etc) then I can generate a head mod for you. It's possible to generate a mod using the raster image that you've already posted, but it isn't ideal (due to larger SWF filesize and lower fidelity). Working with vectors also allows us to easily compensate for minor oddities -- such as a mismatch between the outline color/thickness of the head vs the shoulders.

Do you want me to attempt a dark-skinned variant, or are you satisfied with the current skin tone?
Hey, thank you for the swift answer! I'd like the current skin tone, it took me quite a while to get this right. I hope the resolution isn't much faulty. I can provide a vector, however! AI maybe, but I don't know how much time that would consume.

stuntcock

Content Creator
other words :) DEMONA - GARGOYLES male replacer
Dante has already created a female Demona mod. Its elements could be re-used in a male mod, but the feet would need to be partially redrawn and I suspect that the legs would be too long. If you want this to happen then you'll need to put some effort into it.
  • confirm/deny that this project should be based on the existing Demona mod (blue skin, red hairstyle, musculature, wings, raised tail, torn clothing, etc).
  • identify any problems in the existing mod which should be avoided or fixed during this project.
  • draw a sketch (or take a screenshot and then copy-paste bits of it around) to show the rough proportions of how Demona should look in the male position.
  • find an existing SDT male mod which has a suitable set of feet/claws which could be used as a reference. Presumably this will involve some sort of monster character; it doesn't need to be a gargoyle specifically.
  • find a few good side-view reference images which can be used for any re-drawing work.
  • if you're willing to accept blue-colored human hands then that's fine. If you want three-fingered claws then you'll need to find an existing male mod (from which we can copy) or provide good reference images.

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
How exactly do I load this mod? I clicked on the "swf mod" link under the mods tab and loaded it using that, but it wouldn't work. I have version 5.45d for the loader from Modguy as well. If the version of the loader is related to me being unable to use the mod, what version of the loader do I need?

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
How exactly do I load this mod? I clicked on the "swf mod" link under the mods tab and loaded it using that, but it wouldn't work. I have version 5.45d for the loader from Modguy as well. If the version of the loader is related to me being unable to use the mod, what version of the loader do I need?

Place the .swf file into your \Mods\$INIT$ folder and add the name of the file to Mods.txt in that same folder.

You may still notice some graphical bugs, I'm not sure what causes this but older versions of the Loader or bundles may fix this.

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
Place the .swf file into your \Mods\$INIT$ folder and add the name of the file to Mods.txt in that same folder.

You may still notice some graphical bugs, I'm not sure what causes this but older versions of the Loader or bundles may fix this.
I tried this but it did not work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.