1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Some Head? UPDATE: 12-21-14 - Nami & KanColle forehead fix

Discussion in 'Loader Imports' started by dantethedarkprince, Sep 23, 2014.

1. stuntcock

stuntcock Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

Edit mode is for creating position files, and for testing positions by moving the characters back and forth (and/or resizing them). It is not intended for normal gameplay.

Once you've created a position file, you should close the Animtools Edit Mode window and then use the "Play SDT Loader" shortcut to launch the actual game. You can then load your position file (via the F2 key). You can also use any SWF or MOD files that you've downloaded - such as Dante's custom heads.

If you don't intend to create or customize position files, then there's no need to use the "Play Animtools Editmode" shortcut at all.

2. Nonon

Nonon Potential Patron

Thanks so much!

I've been using edit all this time I had no idea why some of the mods never worked & why I couldn't get rid of the starting/end lines - _-

3. GhostoftheWeb861

GhostoftheWeb861 Potential Patron

I seriously apppreciate your work Dante, but I have a small question: Is there a way to download the files without having Solidfiles constantly trying to slip you some malware in?
    And believe me, I've been trying to find a direct download link. Couldn't find one though.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  4. cwking420

cwking420 Avid Affiliate

Dante has left the forum for good, so asking him questions will get no response.

5. stuntcock

There's a mediafire link in the first post.

6. ChilledNova

ChilledNova Potential Patron

Apparently it's malicious, and stupid fucking Chrome feels the need to block it.

7. GhostoftheWeb861

Oh, quite a shame. Why did he leave? I haven't been really active here, so could you give me a small summary if you have the time?
    Edit: Nevermind, I found the thread. Still, thanks for the info.
    Refer to what ChilledNova just said.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  8. stuntcock

I'm unable to reproduce this problem. I can download the file via Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. Please try a different browser if you're still running into difficulty.

Edit: you may be refering to the Solidfiles links. If so, then please read more carefully. Solidfiles is an unreliable filehost, but there's a link to Mediafire (under the "Archive" spoiler tag) which contains all of the heads. Instead of downloading a dozen separate SWF files from a shady website, you can grab all of them at once (in ZIP format) from a reliable source.

fleet likes this.
  9. pantaloons555

pantaloons555 Potential Patron

Can anyone help with set this up? I've tried fiddling around in loader, but I don't understand how to actually import these files. I'm using the mediafire files linked in first post like "His Head - Light (Dark Blonde).swf", but doesn't seem to work.

Here's what I tried:

1. Launch loader
    2. Load position
    3. Go to modding
    4. Go to import swf

But nothing seems to happen.

screenshot.png

10. GhostoftheWeb861

Oh. OH! D'oy!

Thanks a lot for the explanation! I'll go do that right now.

(That'll teach me to look closer.)

11. Faceless

Faceless Club Regular Content Creator

@pantaloons555 ...because his head is offscreen anyway? Looks like you've got animtools loaded, so try shifting him down.