Need Some Head? UPDATE: 12-21-14 - Nami & KanColle forehead fix (1 Viewer)

stuntcock

Content Creator
I'm using play animtools editmode
Edit mode is for creating position files, and for testing positions by moving the characters back and forth (and/or resizing them). It is not intended for normal gameplay.

Once you've created a position file, you should close the Animtools Edit Mode window and then use the "Play SDT Loader" shortcut to launch the actual game. You can then load your position file (via the F2 key). You can also use any SWF or MOD files that you've downloaded - such as Dante's custom heads.

If you don't intend to create or customize position files, then there's no need to use the "Play Animtools Editmode" shortcut at all.

Nonon

Potential Patron
Edit mode is for creating position files, and for testing positions by moving the characters back and forth (and/or resizing them). It is not intended for normal gameplay.

Once you've created a position file, you should close the Animtools Edit Mode window and then use the "Play SDT Loader" shortcut to launch the actual game. You can then load your position file (via the F2 key). You can also use any SWF or MOD files that you've downloaded - such as Dante's custom heads.

If you don't intend to create or customize position files, then there's no need to use the "Play Animtools Editmode" shortcut at all.

Thanks so much!

I've been using edit all this time I had no idea why some of the mods never worked & why I couldn't get rid of the starting/end lines - _-

GhostoftheWeb861

Potential Patron
I seriously apppreciate your work Dante, but I have a small question: Is there a way to download the files without having Solidfiles constantly trying to slip you some malware in?
And believe me, I've been trying to find a direct download link. Couldn't find one though.

Last edited:

cwking420

Potential Patron
I seriously apppreciate your work Dante, but I have a small question: Is there a way to download the files without having Solidfiles constantly trying to slip you some malware in?
And believe me, I've been trying to find a direct download link. Couldn't find one though.

Dante has left the forum for good, so asking him questions will get no response.

GhostoftheWeb861

Potential Patron
Dante has left the forum for good, so asking him questions will get no response.
Oh, quite a shame. Why did he leave? I haven't been really active here, so could you give me a small summary if you have the time?
Edit: Nevermind, I found the thread. Still, thanks for the info.
There's a mediafire link in the first post.
Refer to what ChilledNova just said.

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
Refer to what ChilledNova just said.
I'm unable to reproduce this problem. I can download the file via Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. Please try a different browser if you're still running into difficulty.

Edit: you may be refering to the Solidfiles links. If so, then please read more carefully. Solidfiles is an unreliable filehost, but there's a link to Mediafire (under the "Archive" spoiler tag) which contains all of the heads. Instead of downloading a dozen separate SWF files from a shady website, you can grab all of them at once (in ZIP format) from a reliable source.

P

pantaloons555

Can anyone help with set this up? I've tried fiddling around in loader, but I don't understand how to actually import these files. I'm using the mediafire files linked in first post like "His Head - Light (Dark Blonde).swf", but doesn't seem to work.

Here's what I tried:

1. Launch loader
2. Load position
3. Go to modding
4. Go to import swf

But nothing seems to happen.

screenshot.png

GhostoftheWeb861

Potential Patron
I'm unable to reproduce this problem. I can download the file via Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. Please try a different browser if you're still running into difficulty.

Edit: you may be refering to the Solidfiles links. If so, then please read more carefully. Solidfiles is an unreliable filehost, but there's a link to Mediafire (under the "Archive" spoiler tag) which contains all of the heads. Instead of downloading a dozen separate SWF files from a shady website, you can grab all of them at once (in ZIP format) from a reliable source.
Oh. OH! D'oy!

Thanks a lot for the explanation! I'll go do that right now.

(That'll teach me to look closer.)

dzi9l3

Vivacious Visitor
I'm currently working on creating a more muscular torso using the templates provided. It's still a work in progress, but I have a rough draft of my idea. I've been meaning to ask if you had the time to integrate this into the game. Thanks, and the file is what I have so far.

Attachments

• Muscle Torso Template Rough Draft.png
    Muscle Torso Template Rough Draft.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 201

stuntcock

Content Creator
I'm currently working on creating a more muscular torso using the templates provided. It's still a work in progress, but I have a rough draft of my idea.
Looks good.

If you're familiar with (or willing to learn) vector drawing then I'd suggest switching to a program like Inkscape. It allows you to draw Bezier curves, which means that you can create very smooth curves even without any specialized tools (eg. tablet+stylus). I mention it because there's some "wobble" in your outlines, suggesting that they've been drawn freehand using a mouse.

Another benefit of vector drawing is that it's much easier for a modder to import your work into Flash and publish a working SWF file. We can even fine-tune the line thickness (if necessary) so that it more closely matches that of the original SDT male body. It's more difficult to make such adjustments when presented with a raster image file -- such as a PNG.

I've been meaning to ask if you had the time to integrate this into the game.
Dante is officially retired from SDT modding. He might be willing to return in order to handle a special request. If not, then almost any Flash modder could handle this task; it's a fairly straightforward sprite replacement (because the male character doesn't need to do anything fancy like breathe).

If you can provide the artwork then we can definitely find someone to package it into a SDT mod file.

dzi9l3

Vivacious Visitor
Looks good.

If you're familiar with (or willing to learn) vector drawing then I'd suggest switching to a program like Inkscape. It allows you to draw Bezier curves, which means that you can create very smooth curves even without any specialized tools (eg. tablet+stylus). I mention it because there's some "wobble" in your outlines, suggesting that they've been drawn freehand using a mouse.

Another benefit of vector drawing is that it's much easier for a modder to import your work into Flash and publish a working SWF file. We can even fine-tune the line thickness (if necessary) so that it more closely matches that of the original SDT male body. It's more difficult to make such adjustments when presented with a raster image file -- such as a PNG.

Dante is officially retired from SDT modding. He might be willing to return in order to handle a special request. If not, then almost any Flash modder could handle this task; it's a fairly straightforward sprite replacement (because the male character doesn't need to do anything fancy like breathe).

If you can provide the artwork then we can definitely find someone to package it into a SDT mod file.

RE: Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad it looks good at least, considering it's a rough draft. I'm fairly certain the program I'm using (iDraw) supports vectors, I just need to figure out how to use it. There's likely forums and things that could tell me. I'll get back to you once I've progressed.

dzi9l3

Vivacious Visitor
Looks good.

Okay, I've started to work with inkscape and I have a concept of the outline at least. Still experimenting with the program and getting used to it.

Attachments

• Muscle Torso Outline Concept.png
    Muscle Torso Outline Concept.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 141

dzi9l3

Vivacious Visitor
Looks good.

I've vectorized the image and added color. Maybe add some touch ups in a bit. What file format would you recommend I use for export?

Attachments

• Muscle Torso New Vector.png
    Muscle Torso New Vector.png
    39 KB · Views: 161

stuntcock

Content Creator
Now we just need someone to make it into an swf mod. Here's the mediafire link to the svg file.
Here's a first pass. Please feel free to test it out and offer suggestions or criticism. We can still revise this thing if it doesn't meet your expectations. A few particular points:
  • I had to widen the torso slightly (make him "fatter") because this modding technique places the new sprite over the original one without actually replacing it.
    • The modded torso was slightly thinner in a few places (six-pack, upper back) which allowed the original torso to peek through. It looked weird, so I stretched the muscular torso to cover those areas.
    • I've retained the original-size artwork. I could add scripting to hide the default torso and display the new one with its proper dimensions ... but it's risky. Doing so would generate compatibility hazards for other mods.
    • Imagine that someone adds wings or tentacles to Him by drawing the new sprites onto the default torso -- if they try to use their mod in conjunction with the Muscular mod, then their additions would become invisible.
  • it should be possible to switch back and forth between male and futa bodies without "losing" this mod. The muscular torso should appear whenever he's visible, and automatically disappear whenever she's on-screen.
  • it's not possible to unload the mod by clicking the arrow button (⤺).
    • I can add that feature, but it wasn't crucial for the first pass.
    • For now, you'll need to click Reset (or restart the whole game).
  • it should be possible to load the body via the "Swf Mod" button, via Character Folders (including $INIT if you want it to be a "permanent" part of your gameplay), or via SwitchSet.
    • It will not be possible to load it via MoreClothing. Please don't ask; it's impossible.
  • the paths in the vector file weren't fully contiguous, and the fills showed some weird behavior (shying away from the actual paths and not completely filling the available space)
    • I've seen this specific mishap before, so I might need to write up a guide for Inkscape (so that new users can avoid the problem).
    • It wasn't a serious timesink or anything like that; just a curiosity.
    • For future reference: accurate paths (or "boundaries" between adjacent sections) are the most important thing in this kind of vector illustration project. Once you've established all of the paths, fills should be a one-click "Paint Bucket" operation. If the bucket tool doesn't work as expected, then please just draw a blob somewhere with the correct color. The Flash modder can use your color blob as the basis for a "Paint Bucket" operation, after they've resolved any difficulties with the paths (fitting, line thickness, contiguity, etc). If you're spending lots of time on flat-color fills, then it's probably just a waste of your time. If you're doing careful shading work then carry on :)
  • the torso doesn't include any shading because there wasn't any in the vector file.
    • This is slightly incongruous with the original artwork from @Konashion (which does include shading on the male body).
    • It's not hugely noticeable, but if you'd like to add more detail to the artwork then I could incorporate your revisions into the mod. If not then that's fine; it's just an optional thing.
  • you must load this mod after loading any of Dante's Male Head mods.
    • each male head includes a full copy of the normal torso. If you load one of those heads after loading this mod, then the normal torso will be drawn on top of the muscular one.
    • we can repackage this mod to include a head (so that you could just load one file and not worry about the load-order stuff). I'm not going to offer variants for every head (because the work is tedious) but I'll happily do 2 or 3 if you can identify your favorites.
  • I can and will add a Dark Skin variant with automatic switch via scripting. It wasn't necessary for the first pass, but it's easy enough to include it in the "release" version. For now, please test this file with the Light Skin male body.
  • Skin HSLC shifting should work normally.

ibj3xw1.jpg

sdt-maleBody-muscular.mod

dzi9l3

Vivacious Visitor
Here's a first pass. Please feel free to test it out and offer suggestions or criticism. We can still revise this thing if it doesn't meet your expectations. A few particular points:
  • I had to widen the torso slightly (make him "fatter") because this modding technique places the new sprite over the original one without actually replacing it.
    • The modded torso was slightly thinner in a few places (six-pack, upper back) which allowed the original torso to peek through. It looked weird, so I stretched the muscular torso to cover those areas.
    • I've retained the original-size artwork. I could add scripting to hide the default torso and display the new one with its proper dimensions ... but it's risky. Doing so would generate compatibility hazards for other mods.
    • Imagine that someone adds wings or tentacles to Him by drawing the new sprites onto the default torso -- if they try to use their mod in conjunction with the Muscular mod, then their additions would become invisible.
  • it should be possible to switch back and forth between male and futa bodies without "losing" this mod. The muscular torso should appear whenever he's visible, and automatically disappear whenever she's on-screen.
  • it's not possible to unload the mod by clicking the arrow button (⤺).
    • I can add that feature, but it wasn't crucial for the first pass.
    • For now, you'll need to click Reset (or restart the whole game).
  • it should be possible to load the body via the "Swf Mod" button, via Character Folders (including $INIT if you want it to be a "permanent" part of your gameplay), or via SwitchSet.
    • It will not be possible to load it via MoreClothing. Please don't ask; it's impossible.
  • the paths in the vector file weren't fully contiguous, and the fills showed some weird behavior (shying away from the actual paths and not completely filling the available space)
    • I've seen this specific mishap before, so I might need to write up a guide for Inkscape (so that new users can avoid the problem).
    • It wasn't a serious timesink or anything like that; just a curiosity.
    • For future reference: accurate paths (or "boundaries" between adjacent sections) are the most important thing in this kind of vector illustration project. Once you've established all of the paths, fills should be a one-click "Paint Bucket" operation. If the bucket tool doesn't work as expected, then please just draw a blob somewhere with the correct color. The Flash modder can use your color blob as the basis for a "Paint Bucket" operation, after they've resolved any difficulties with the paths (fitting, line thickness, contiguity, etc). If you're spending lots of time on flat-color fills, then it's probably just a waste of your time. If you're doing careful shading work then carry on :)
  • the torso doesn't include any shading because there wasn't any in the vector file.
    • This is slightly incongruous with the original artwork from @Konashion (which does include shading on the male body).
    • It's not hugely noticeable, but if you'd like to add more detail to the artwork then I could incorporate your revisions into the mod. If not then that's fine; it's just an optional thing.
  • you must load this mod after loading any of Dante's Male Head mods.
    • each male head includes a full copy of the normal torso. If you load one of those heads after loading this mod, then the normal torso will be drawn on top of the muscular one.
    • we can repackage this mod to include a head (so that you could just load one file and not worry about the load-order stuff). I'm not going to offer variants for every head (because the work is tedious) but I'll happily do 2 or 3 if you can identify your favorites.
  • I can and will add a Dark Skin variant with automatic switch via scripting. It wasn't necessary for the first pass, but it's easy enough to include it in the "release" version. For now, please test this file with the Light Skin male body.
  • Skin HSLC shifting should work normally.

ibj3xw1.jpg

sdt-maleBody-muscular.mod
It turned out pretty good so far. Thanks! I'll see about adding shading like you suggested. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.