My loader keeps saying "Error loading SDT.swf" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

derpwoolf79

Potential Patron
The SDT swf works fine, but for whatever reason, I can't use my liader. Am I missing something here? Did miss out on an update or something? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this to, just tryin to clear things up.

stuntcock

Content Creator
The SDT swf works fine, but for whatever reason, I can't use my liader.
Not enough information. Please attempt to run the game via the Flash Player Projector content debugger and see whether any exceptions occur during startup.

Did you copy your SDT+Loader folder from another computer? Is it inside a special/protected folder (such as My Documents or Program Files) which might inhibit file access? Did you rename the SDT.swf file (e.g. for archival purposes: SDT_old.swf and SDT_new.swf)? Are you logging on to your computer using a low-privilege or Guest account? Are Loader.swf and SDT.swf in the same place, or did you try to split them up (for the sake of organization)?

Did miss out on an update or something?
SDT stuff is pretty much "evergreen". It won't suddenly stop working or force you to install a patch.

The only notable recent change involves Flash plugin security for Google Chrome.

derpwoolf79

Potential Patron
Not enough information. Please attempt to run the game via the Flash Player Projector content debugger and see whether any exceptions occur during startup.

Did you copy your SDT+Loader folder from another computer? Is it inside a special/protected folder (such as My Documents or Program Files) which might inhibit file access? Did you rename the SDT.swf file (e.g. for archival purposes: SDT_old.swf and SDT_new.swf)? Are you logging on to your computer using a low-privilege or Guest account? Are Loader.swf and SDT.swf in the same place, or did you try to split them up (for the sake of organization)?

SDT stuff is pretty much "evergreen". It won't suddenly stop working or force you to install a patch.

The only notable recent change involves Flash plugin security for Google Chrome.
I got it to work when i used the version I directly downloaded to my computer. But to answer the question, I did copy it from my computer to my phone, which I sorta use to store this stuff. Does that count?

stuntcock

Content Creator
I got it to work when i used the version I directly downloaded to my computer.
Are you still looking for assistance? Can we close this thread?

But to answer the question, I did copy it from my computer to my phone, which I sorta use to store this stuff.
Are you trying to run the game on your phone? Or did you just use it as a temporary storage disk?

Would it be accurate to describe the scenario as:
  • game worked OK
  • I copied everything onto my phone
  • I deleted the files on my PC
  • <time passes>
  • I decided to play the game again
  • I copied the files from my phone back to my PC
  • game doesn't work correctly
  • I re-downloaded the files onto my PC
  • game works OK
I can't think of an obvious reason why the game files would become damaged by the phone-transfer process (aside from user-error stuff like "I randomly decided to omit half of the files when creating the original backup").

If the files were still located on the phone and you tried to play the game without copying anything back onto your PC ... then we could be looking at a filesys problem. For most purposes (e.g. Explorer, Browse dialogs), Windows will present the phone as if it were a mounted drive - but it isn't and the file access rules are slightly different. If H:\sdcard\Loader.swf attempts to access H:\sdcard\SDT.swf then it could conceivably be blocked.

I'm assuming Windows and Android here because I'm somewhat familiar with them. If you're using a Mac, iOS, or Linux then you'll need to find someone else to troubleshoot this problem.

derpwoolf79

Potential Patron
Are you still looking for assistance? Can we close this thread?

Are you trying to run the game on your phone? Or did you just use it as a temporary storage disk?

Would it be accurate to describe the scenario as:
  • game worked OK
  • I copied everything onto my phone
  • I deleted the files on my PC
  • <time passes>
  • I decided to play the game again
  • I copied the files from my phone back to my PC
  • game doesn't work correctly
  • I re-downloaded the files onto my PC
  • game works OK
I can't think of an obvious reason why the game files would become damaged by the phone-transfer process (aside from user-error stuff like "I randomly decided to omit half of the files when creating the original backup").

If the files were still located on the phone and you tried to play the game without copying anything back onto your PC ... then we could be looking at a filesys problem. For most purposes (e.g. Explorer, Browse dialogs), Windows will present the phone as if it were a mounted drive - but it isn't and the file access rules are slightly different. If H:\sdcard\Loader.swf attempts to access H:\sdcard\SDT.swf then it could conceivably be blocked.

I'm assuming Windows and Android here because I'm somewhat familiar with them. If you're using a Mac, iOS, or Linux then you'll need to find someone else to troubleshoot this problem.
I would describe the scenario as such. Now that I think about it, this has only ever happened when I transfer it from my computer to my phone.

But more importantly, yeah, we can close the thread. I'm all good. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.