Maka Albarn from Soul Eater (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter vaati4554
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
V

vaati4554

Alright this hair was uploaded here already but the image link is corrupt so I'm just re-uploading it for anyone else who may want it

Attachments

• Soul_Eater_maka_albarn.png
    Soul_Eater_maka_albarn.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 5,416

BuckWild

Modder
Streamer
zeroman68 said:
I'll I suck cocks for a revision

First off, the your comment was rather empty to constitute a "b u m p".

Secondly, the comment previous to yours was made less then 8 hours prior to your post, so it was kinda extremely pointless.

However, I will agree that this hair could do with a revision, and I would even say it should be made a dynamic hair if a revision is ever attempted.

allofthequestionable

Potential Patron
is anyone working on and or interested in revising Maka's hair? what could one of us non import makers do to simplify such a project for someone who does these things? i could go look for pictures of her link the anime (probobly in a PM unless it is better here) or other such things if someone lets me know they would help. I really want a useable maka hair (and prefrerably a code to go with it but i can figure that out for myself if i have the hair... ) so just let me/us know what we can do and i will try to help out!

stuntcock

Content Creator
allofthequestionable said:
what could one of us non import makers do to simplify such a project for someone who does these things?
The first step is contact the creator and ask permission to make changes. Unfortunately... the image lacks a signature, PNG doesn't support Exif, and a forum Search turns up !Anoon./Lks as the probable creator. Since he's been inactive for several years, we can skip the permission stage.

If you're satisfied with the general appearance of the hair then install Inkscape and create a vector-trace of the existing PNG hairstyle. You can then upload an SVG file and a modder can import it into Flash. If you're unsatisfied with the hairstyle, then choose a good reference image, import it into Inkscape, and trace it. We need a vectorized copy of the hairstyle before we proceed.

After the hairstyle has been traced, it can be reshaped (e.g. shortened/lengthened, thicker pigtails, longer bangs, etc) without loss of quality. It can also be recoloured - making slight corrections if the original PNG was wrong, or adding shadow and highlight details. This stage will require either precise description of the changes that you want to see, or a few good reference images. If you're feeling confident, then you can make some of these adjustments within Inkscape (ie. they'll be included in the SVG file which you send to the modder). Be warned, though: the modder may need to override or partially revert some of your changes (in order to get the hairstyle to properly fit onto the SDT girl's head).

Animation tends to require more time and effort than the previous stages, but the workload depends on the level of detail/fidelity that you want to achieve. For example - the modder would obviously need to animate the pigtails, but the forelocks and bangs could also be animated if there's enough interest. The left (ie. background) pigtail could be given slightly different physics parameters, so that it would tend to move and bounce differently from its right-side (foreground) twin. Hence it would become visible during gameplay instead of always being hidden, yet the hair strand would appear natural instead of including a permanent "kink" (as is done in the PNG hairstyle).

You can't directly contribute much to the animation stage, because it requires licensed Flash software and relies on unusual coding/modding techniques (which take time to learn). However, you can support this work with good communication:
  • clearly specify your requiremets (or "expectations")
    • "the pigtails need to rest against her shoulders without clipping into her body"
    • "the pigtails should fall down behind her neck"
    • "the hair should be designed to work with Small ears; any incompatibility with the other ear types can be ignored"
    • etc
  • be willing to find new reference images if confusion or disagreement arises (and maybe spend 5 minutes in MSPaint to sketch out a compromise idea)
  • provide feedback on any WIP screenshots and samples which are posted
  • be prepared to test the mod -- this means installing a few of the more popular mods (e.g. Animtools) so that you can identify compatibility problems or graphical conflicts
(probobly in a PM unless it is better here)
If you're interested in working on this, create a new thread in the Revisions board.

cam19L

Potential Patron
Now I'm wondering if there's a Blair hair. I've already found the costume, but the one hair I've found has a dead link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.