Lord Dominator from Wander Over Yonder (1 Viewer)

Myredhulk

Potential Patron
I would like a PNG image of Lord Dominator's hair and ear.

The first reference picture will be the most valuable and helpful
JaI7Cbe.jpg

This is very close to what I had in mind. She has a mohawk folded over to one side. Her hair is almost completely white with a tint of blue, like in the picture. She has elf ears that are in good proportion to her head in the profile. And, of course, she is green, like in the picture.

The only thing missing is hair and ear texture. I drew the red lines. The grey areas above the red lines should be filled with hair, but not straight like a bob haircut; natural like the rest of her wavy hair.

This picture is from the show itself.
Yel2x4w.jpg

The following pictures are as anime styled as I could find, and may help with ear texture and hair texture
FZuuoZo.jpg

This one should help with hair texture especially.

Another anime-ish pic
YSxGbyv.jpg

The hair here is off, but it may be useful because of the style. It also shows that the uncovered side may have stubble, and or be darker (like a 5 O'clock shadow or something)

UhG44cq.jpg

This one may also inspire you with the hair texture. Note that she shouldn't have hair on the side her mohawk isn't covering.

WSnrl4P.jpg

This is an elf ear. It's purpose here should be obvious. It will be helpful in making her ear look like an ear instead of a leaf.
Don't go overboard with detail.

This is a picture of an Undyne hair mod, PNG. It also replaces the ear, so you see what I'm talking about.
If you're worried you might be making the hair not detailed enough, this hair mod is totally fine.
gMrovPH.png

-----------
You may want to do her uncovered side, or her covered side. I don't care. As long as I can see her face clearly and ear poking out from her hair, it's all the same to me.
If you want to do the covered side, this picture may help.

wWBMKcU.png

To recap, I'd like a PNG of Lord Dominator's hair and ear. You can do either side. The profile pic will be most useful; just add a little bit of texture to her hair and ear. Don't worry about making her hair and ear too detailed. Make sure to add stubble and or a five O'clock shadow if you're doing her uncovered side.
I don't think anything could be done to remove her nose, and I wouldn't expect you to ALSO make the character. So just the hair and ear PNG is fine.

Thanks to anyone who takes this up!

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
There are some issues here:
- the first reference shows her from the left side, while in SDT, the girl is shown from the right side (even if it is possible to mirror the game). Thus, a reference showing her from the right side would be better to have a canonical view of this girl without having to mirror the game (this is secondary and isn't really a problem).
- this fist reference is the only one that could be used, because most artists/modders here need an anime style reference, showing the girl exactly from the side (cf. the Reference Shot Guide, and read also carefully the Requesting Rules). Other reference are quite useless, unless the artist/modder has the skill/time/courage to redraw completly the hair using another reference (don't really count on this, it almost never happens).
- this first reference is quite poor: is is very simple, with few colours and gradients, the only interesting thing is the outside lines, but the resolution makes them difficult to reproduce, and it is also quite difficult to make this kind of lines using vectors (the kind of drawing the most used by artists/moddes here). So the work will not be very simple and the result may be mediocre.
- this girl is really different from the SDT girl (eyes, black tears/mascara smearing, nose, etc.) and there seem to be many different representations of her (eg. with/wthout nose), this also makes the work harder. Show the artist/modder the type of girl you want, don't let him decide by himself, because he may lose much time to produce a mod that will not be at your convenience.
- the skin colour and shaved/bald hair can be reproduced, but it is uneasy to do, because the SDT girl without hair has darker skin at the back of her head:
qDFg9CL.png

Green skin can be put instead of hair, but it will be difficult to match the right skin tint on the rest of her body, and at the top of her forehead, the shade gradient will be problematic. Also, a different skin tint will change the colour of some Vanilla clothes (eg. gloves).
- elf ears exist in the basic SDT game (see above) but they may be different from the girl's. In fact, the reference provided for ears is useless, firstly because it is not anime style (3 colours: base, shade, light reflection), secondly because they are not even coloured with the same green as the girl.

TLDR: find better side references, anime style, with the ears ON THE REFERENCE ITSELF, not ON ANOTHER ONE. Even with that, this request seems unlikely to be fullfilled (in my opinion) because the work isn't simple and the result may be mediocre.

Myredhulk

Potential Patron
Other reference are quite useless, unless the artist/modder has the skill/time/courage to redraw completly the hair using another reference (don't really count on this, it almost never happens).
Right, so I'll try to find better side-anime references for the hair I had in mind.
- elf ears exist in the basic SDT game (see above) but they may be different from the girl's.
Well, I learned something new today. The ears look fine to me, and if they're already in the game, then I won't need the ears in the mod after all.
- this girl is really different from the SDT girl (eyes, black tears/mascara smearing, nose, etc.) and there seem to be many different representations of her (eg. with/wthout nose), this also makes the work harder. Show the artist/modder the type of girl you want, don't let him decide by himself, because he may lose much time to produce a mod that will not be at your convenience.
Does this refer back to the lack of hair references, or did I explain something in the text wrong?
Even with that, this request seems unlikely to be fullfilled (in my opinion) because the work isn't simple and the result may be mediocre.
I suppose in the worst case scenario, I can TRY my best to make this mod. But I am no artist, and I cannot shade at all, so someone else will have to do that. I made this request because it's very likely someone is going to do a better job than me. Besides, my standards are not very high in general.

I really want this mod, so I'll keep digging up references for anyone who needs them. I'll make it myself if I really have to.
More pictures should be up around 16 hours from now...

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
The ears look fine to me, and if they're already in the game, then I won't need the ears in the mod after all.
The elf ears are in the Custom tab, under "Ears".
Does this refer back to the lack of hair references, or did I explain something in the text wrong?
I meant that this girl is drawed by different artists with different styles. Which one would you like to see as an hair mod?
I someone makes a mod looking like the 4th ref and that you wanted actually one looking like the 2nd, the request will not really be fullfilled and he'll have kinda lost his time.
Besides, my standards are not very high in general.
Your standards doesn't matter in something that someone else will do as a hobby: for example, concerning myself, I don't make mods for money or to please others, I do it because I like to make nice things and I won't lose time to make a crappy thing, even if I was asked for.
I don't think that other artists/modders here are basically different from me.

By the way, do not think that I will do this mod even if you find perfect references.
I just gave my point of view on your references and the work to be done, to help you to get your request fulfilled, but I am not interrested in making an hair mod for this girl for the moment.

Good luck.

Myredhulk

Potential Patron
By the way, do not think that I will do this mod even if you find perfect references.
I just gave my point of view on your references and the work to be done, to help you to get your request fulfilled, but I am not interrested in making an hair mod for this girl for the moment.
Oh no, the last thing I would want to do is impose. And thank you for your words.
The tutorial in your signature will be useful to me if this thread dies, so thanks in advance if I need to use it.

I'm going to find more pictures now.

Myredhulk

Potential Patron
How about this picture? SyntaxTerror was concerned that no one would be brave enough to try to draw the hair from the first reference alone. The hair could look pretty much exactly like this.
Ncn2J9d.jpg
Below, I drew red lines where I think the hair could end if its size becomes a problem
0u823n5.jpg

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
How about this picture? SyntaxTerror was concerned that no one would be brave enough to try to draw the hair from the first reference alone. The hair could look pretty much exactly like this.
Ncn2J9d.jpg
Below, I drew red lines where I think the hair could end if its size becomes a problem
0u823n5.jpg
Unfortunately, these references are useless, because the artist/modder will have to redraw everything, and furthermore add colours.

As I said before (and as we always have to say on incomplete requests): read carefully the Requesting Rules and the Reference Shot Guide.
What is needed is anime style references, in colour, with adequate lighting, shown exactly from the side.

Myredhulk

Potential Patron
If anyone can read this, I think I've found time to make this mod within the next 7 days. If anyone else wanted to make this mod, speak now or forever hold your peace.

I will probably need help with the shading though. So if you, reader, can help, that would be awesome.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
I've found time to make this mod
Go for it, as you are the first to say you want to do the job, you have the priority.
Anyway, no-one seems interested

In fact, what graphic editor are you going to use to make this? The help you are requesting depends on this point.

Myredhulk

Potential Patron
what graphic editor are you going to use to make this? The help you are requesting depends on this point.
I have no idea, I've never made a mod like this before. I think the only one I have access to is called "Paint Tool Sai" (other than Microsoft paint). What do you recommend?

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
I have no idea, I've never made a mod like this before.
Well, you should first learn how to make a SDT mod in the tutorial section.

I don't know about Paint Tool Sai, but the graphic editor used must handle layers (to see the template with the postion of the head and different parts of the hair) and alpha background (this is mandatory, to have a working PNG background).
Artists/modders here usually use, for static hair mods (i.e. PNG), GIMP or Paint.NET as raster graphics editors or Inkscape as vector graphics editor (because they are free), and for dynamic hair mods (i.e. SWF/MOD), Animate CC (that is not free, but it is the most convenient software).

Mind that if you have never drawn an hair mod and if you do not have a proper reference, the work will certainly be very hard, unless you are a gifted artist (you'll see that a very good reference is essential to draw hair mods, that is probably the reason why no-one fulfilled your request).
This character will require even more talent, because you'll have to tinker with the custom datas to match the scalp colour (that will be part of the hair mod as I explained above) and the girl's skin colour.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Myredhulk

Potential Patron
So.
I started on it.
Man, this is hard. I thought drawing the damn thing would be the hardest part, but just navigating the program is irritating. I'm using inkscape, but I know enough about these programs to know that they're all the same when it comes to JUST TRYING TO FIND THE FKING ERASER (or whatever else it is i'm trying to find at that given time).

It's also boring. It's just not fun for me.

It's not going well, but I do have a lot of time. Hopefully it'll be on the site by monday
Here's the progress I've made so far: (I just started so its literally nothing)
qMfpHwz.png

I figure learning how to use the damn program's gotta be like 10% of the work, so the picture might not reflect that progress well.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Erasing things in Inkscape is not that har, you have to understand that you are nor drawing shapes but vectors.
In vector graphics editors, only two things exists: lines and strokes (lines).
A stroke is constitued of two points at its ends and the link between them that depends of the vectors linked to these points (Bézier curves).
A fill is just the surface between a group of strokes.

To delete a stroke, just select one of its end points and delete it.
To delete a fill, you only have to select the polygon and choose "no paint".

If you take some time to search this forum, you'd find Gingerless Soul's PNG hair mod tutorial, in the well named Tutorial section.
It is kinda well explained and with this you can learn how to draw an hair mod with Inkscape (I learnt most of what I know with this tutorial).
There are also numerous tutorials and help on the Web to learn how to use Inkscape.

Also, do not forget that there are people on this site that can help you to learn how to draw hair mods, but saying "OMG this is too hard for me, I'm bored, I don't want to learn" is not a good way to get some help.

Myredhulk

Potential Patron
I'm about 50% done I think. A lot of the pitfalls are just mistakes I made with the program.
Does it normally take this long? Or for a first mod? Am I working slow? It's already midnight, so I have to continue tomorrow.

Myredhulk

Potential Patron
I finally finished it.
It's not shaded, because I'm not good at making shading look realistic at all.
I don't know about you all, but I am proud of my first mod. Was it worth all the work? No, not really, but what's done is done, so I might as well post it here for you all to use.

IF you, reader, WANT to shade it, fell free to do so. Either way, request closed.

ZkvPL8T.png

Myredhulk

Potential Patron
Oh yeah, and here is the character code that I made. Take it.
charName:SD chan;mood:Normal;bodyScale:1.075;arms:onlegs,onlegs;throatResist:50;hair:nami,1,1,1;iris:normal,37,0,64,1;breasts:62;skin:pale;nose:normal;ear:elf;lipstick:0,0,0,0,0;eyeshadow:0,0,0,1;sclera:255,121,191,1;blush:196,80,77,0.35;freckles:255,0,100,1,49;mascara:0,0,0,1,100;nailpolish:0,0,0,1;eyebrow:normal,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:-104,4,0.91,1;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:3;hisBody:male;hisPenis:1,0.7,0.815;balls:0,0.94;hisSkin:0;hisTop:shirt,255,255,255,1;hisBottoms:slacks,0,0,0,1;hisFootwear:loafers,0,0,0,1;collar:leather,0,0,0,1,232,240,255,1;cuffs:leather,0,0,0,1,171,177,185,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1;panties:none,255,255,255,1;top:none,255,255,255,1;armwear:none,0,0,0,1;legwear:none,0,0,0,1,255,255,255,0.8;footwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,24,24,24,1,255,255,255,1;tonguePiercing:none,183,187,195,1;herTan:none,0

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.