Loading Changes From 5.34 to 5.41 (1 Viewer)

Azelath

Potential Patron
I recently upgraded from v5.34 to v5.41 of the loader, and noticed that the majority of my character folders no longer load properly. I'll give several examples of the issues I have identified, and provide download links if necessary.

Loading the Dawn mod, it use to be necessary to load the hair mod prior to the costume mod, because the hair mod contains incorrect breast size. Therefore, the Mods.txt would state Dawn.swf, then Dawn_Outfit.swf. However, upon updating to v5.41, the loading order appears to have changed as the outfit loads first regardless of the order in the Mods.txt. Interestingly though, writing Dawn_Outfit.swf twice allows proper loading. Of course, blockCharData=1 also works, but is an inconvenient option for many of my other character folders.

Another example of loading differences can be seen in the following scenario. In v5.34, a folder containing Mods.txt of Dizzy.swf, Dizzy_Outfit.swf, Wedding_Veil.swf, and Maid_Band.swf would have fully loaded. In v5.41, the maid band would be missing. If the two Dizzy mods are moved to after the two headgear mods, then all mods except the Dizzy_Outfit are activated. Finally, manually loading these mods one at a time would fully load every mod regardless of their order of activation.

One final anomaly using the both Dizzy mods again would be the addition of Dante's arm and calf tattoos before the Dizzy mods in the Mods.txt. Individually, all 3 mods activate. When both tattoos are included though, the outfit fails to activate.

I'm guessing load order and overlapping have changed since v5.34, but I can't say for certain. How are we suppose to load mods in character folders now?

P.S. Settings.txt, Code.txt, Hair.png, Thumb.png and BG.png all appear to be working fine still. I apologize for the lengthy post, just wanted to provide as much information as possible!

harrypotter123

Potential Patron
Edit .swf clothing mod

Is there a way to edit .swf file with clothing? I want to remove some part because it's not compatible with something else.

harrypotter123

Potential Patron
I have the exact same problem. Writing a bunch of mod names to Mods.txt you never know if they are going to work. It's so frustrating when you had chose the best possible attire and it doesn't work and you have to make changes :(

Where can I get 5.34 version, if .41 doesn't work properly for me?

ModGuy

Content Creator
Known. This was to better align loading techniques with vanilla code.

http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=3564.0

Make it easy for us to access the bugged files, this can mean linking to them or uploading a character folder.
Clearly list the steps it took to cause the bug, and if possible how we might recreate it.
If the bug is graphical, upload an image showing the problem.

harrypotter123

Potential Patron
https://mega.co.nz/#!Blt1jZba!xKfMy8Nc47Fo-6UWBipahFpFqiDl1bvzeHAF76I22lc
.rar file with my character folder

I used sby_loader_pack_3_541.

How to recreate bug:

1. Load character in Loader
2. Add Money_Thong.swf name to Mods.txt in any order
3. Restart character in Loader, see that all lower body clothing disappeared

I have to say that this is not happening exclusively to Money_Thong.swf and happens with a variety of mod combinations.

I hope this helps, I'll take some screens if needed.

Azelath

Potential Patron
I apologize for the trouble. It did not occur to me that I should post this under bugs and adhere to the proper reporting protocol.

I'm not sure if you still need the actual loaders considering you're already aware of this bug, but here they are just in case. I simplified both loaders for easy access to the 3 scenarios I previously posted, and added a character folder that contained a large amount of mods. Be warned though, it's kind of extreme in nature!

Sorry again for any inconvenience I have caused, and I appreciate all of your efforts!

Attachments

Examples.zip
9.7 MB · Views: 120

ModGuy

Content Creator

I believe I've fixed this now, was an issue with loading blank arrays while a load operation is already taking place. Fix: Check if our array is blank before loading.
This will totally fail to work when using $OVER$ or $RESET$, will probably need to proxy the tryToLoadSwfMods method to push on to the array instead of overwriting it, but I'll wait for that complaint before I deal with it.

Scenario 1 solved by using "blockCharData=1" in Code.txt
If you look at Dawn.swf and Dawn_Outfit.swf, both contain character codes and both load independently of each other so it's unlikely to end well. Since vanilla will likely load last it breaks the outfit, blocking the code fixes the mod.

As for the rest, couldn't see a difference. It's likely that the previous bugfix sorted these.
Upload soon.

EDIT:
Uploaded, let me know how you get on.

Azelath

Potential Patron
Yeah, I stated in the OP that blockCharData=1 worked, but I was trying to figure out why mods did not load in the order specified by the Mods.txt anymore.

As for v5.41a, I tested some characters, and most of the issues appear to be resolved now! However, there still appear to be problems with several mods not activating, particularly mods overlapping the same type of space (Eg. Headgears) when the amount of mods being loaded is staggeringly high. Such as the Veil and Band in my previously uploaded examples. They work fine in scenario 2, but not with the Extreme folder. However, I do suspect that this might be a loading order issue, so I will test this more extensively before posting a solid example.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Edit: Nevermind, I'm stupid. I was using an incorrect Mods.txt in that particular folder that I was testing on the previous version. v5.41a works perfectly! Thanks for all of your time and effort!

ModGuy

Content Creator
A bugfix that actually fixes bugs, I must be dreaming.

EDIT:
Load order is a tricky one, this might help explain:
Mods are no longer loaded in the order you specify, to an extent.
For each loader mod in the list, we will load the mod then continue.
For each vanilla mod, we push it on to a separate list then call the batch load method in vanilla SDT. This proved more reliable when we couldn't listen for vanilla mod completion and has been left in since for simplicity since we allow SDT to handle loading.
For this reason you might see the list order being "ignored" for lack of a better word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.