Lands of Arcadia (A Ryona Themed Dungeon World PBP RPG)

MayaLazarus

Vivacious Visitor
Joined
Oct 25, 2014

Name:Maya Lazarus
Level 1
Race:Human
Alignment:Neutral

Eyes:Sharp Eyes
Hair:Pointed Hat(Because I'm a witch!)
Robes:Stylish(A witch has to look her best!)
Body:Thin(A witch has to keep her figure!)

HP:13/13
Base Damage:d4
INT:16 DEX:15 WIS:13 CHA:12 CON:9 STR:8

Starting Moves:
Human
Choose one cleric spell. You can cast it as if it was a wizard spell.
I chose Cause Fear.

Spellbook
You have mastered several spells and inscribed them in your spellbook. You start out with three first level spells in your spellbook as well as the cantrips. Whenever you gain a level, you add a new spell of your level or lower to your spellbook. You spellbook is 1 weight.
I chose Contact Spirits, Magic Missle, and Alarm for my three levle one spells.

Prepare Spells
When you spend uninterrupted time (an hour or so) in quiet contemplation of your spellbook, you:
-Lose any spells you already have prepared
-Prepare new spells of your choice from your spellbook whose total levels don’t exceed your own level+1.
-Prepare your cantrips which never count against your limit.

Cast a Spell (Int)
When you release a spell you’ve prepared, roll+Int.
✴ On a 10+, the spell is successfully cast and you do not forget the spell—you may cast it again later.
✴ On a 7-9, the spell is cast, but choose one:
You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot. The GM will tell you how.
The spell disturbs the fabric of reality as it is cast—take -1 ongoing to cast a spell until the next time you Prepare Spells.
After it is cast, the spell is forgotten. You cannot cast the spell again until you prepare spells.
Note that maintaining spells with ongoing effects will sometimes cause a penalty to your roll to cast a spell.

Spell Defense
You may end any ongoing spell immediately and use the energy of its dissipation to deflect an oncoming attack. The spell ends and you subtract its level from the damage done to you.

Ritual
When you draw on a place of power to create a magical effect, tell the GM what you’re trying to achieve. Ritual effects are always possible, but the GM will give you one to four of the following conditions:
It’s going to take days/weeks/months
First you must ____
You’ll need help from ____
It will require a lot of money
The best you can do is a lesser version, unreliable and limited
You and your allies will risk danger from ____
You’ll have to disenchant ____ to do it

Gear:
Load-7+STR
Spellbook(1 weight)
Dungeon rations(5 uses, 1 weight)
Bag of books(5 uses, 2 weight) and 3 healing potions
Staff (close, two-handed, 1 weight)
Healing potion (0 weight)

Bonds:None

Backstory:Maya was just a little girl one day born through strange methods. She was gifted with crimson red eyes and in her village it was a sign of great magical prowess. Maya would express magical proficiency despite her young age and brought a strange happiness to her family. Maya ended up taking long periods of time studying magic and old texts. She read old stories of witches and wizards noting their appearances. Maya decided she would follow in the footsteps of a witch. Maya grew up into quite the beautiful woman with her magical prowess showing. She donned the traditional witch outfit she read so much about and was happy to add her own stylish touches. She wasn't just happy with this. She wanted more magical knowledge.

Quest:Maya was off a journey to ancient ruins she heard about that was said to contain all kinds of ancient magical tomes. Maya took it upon herself to get that knowledge and set off on her epic quest. She wanted to be a great witch and wanted that knowledge for personal gain. She wasn't going to let anything stop her.

Likes/Dislikes:
+Zako Type Themes
+Uniform Stealing
+Bondage
+Being captured herself
-Scat
-Male minions
(I guess I can I could put this here now! So how would I join in?)
 
Last edited:

Servi

Vivacious Visitor
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Location
US
Marek seized Teresa's hand gratefully as she helps him up. Sweat and dirt covered his face as he awkwardly nodded his thanks to her, obviously a gesture he was unused to giving. But the finale of the battle sweeps over them in a final hail of fire and blood. Seeing that the girls had the situation under control, Marek took a moment to assess the situation, noting the remaining lifeboat, gradually increasing listing of the ship, and the remaining initiates that were attacking the newly arrived spellcaster. Hefting his weapon, he charges toward the remaining girl, aiming to end their miserable lives quickly so they could evacuate the burning wreck of the airship.

There are still two more up, I think? Going to Hack and Slash if so. If not, going to take a moment to loot the bodies and join up with the rest of the group as they board the lifeboat.
Marek takes some time to loot a few of the bodies, before retreating to the life boat.
Searching through one of the slain initiate girls, he finds some sort of map. Not exactly useful in monetary terms, but it could be worthwhile to hold on to for the future.
Not finding anything else of the blood splattered girl's still twitching body, Marek decides to search through another one nearby, and uncovers 18 gold coins on her in a small bag. Not much to a brave, seasoned adventurer like Marek, but to the now dead peasant girl it must have a life savings of sort. Marek considers how much fine ale he'll be able to buy with it...

Marek moves on to the next girl, and notices that this one is pretty much completely nude, and that much of her skin has turned a shade of red from some apparent burning. Marek suddenly remebers now the girl in the lower cargo hold, whom had begged for her life, only to be used as that elf's human fire shield. Shrugging his shoulders at the pitiful heap in front of him, goes to search the only hiding spot on the poor sod, her boots. (Well, they're were a few other "hiding spot" the girl certainly had, but the warrior was certain the girl would'nt be hiding any valuables in there...) Slipping off her boots, Marek finds a note that appears to be a love note of some sorts. Crumpling it up, Marek prepares to leave to the lifeboat, when he suddenly feels a weak grasp around his ankle.
"P-please...save...me...she promised I'd...ahhh...."
It appears the little welp survived the fire after all, and while her injuries don't seem to be exactly life threatening at the moment, she's in no condition to be moving on her own....

Myra gritted her teeth as she was slashed across the chest and fell backwards more out of the shock of actually being cut. When she recovered on the ground, she noticed her top had been ripped and she cursed, her facing growing a shade of red, too. "Hey! That wasn't nice!" Myra complained as she lifted both her burning hands and pointed them at the blabbering nude woman. Obviously this sword-swinging maniac was a problem. Myra would Cast Fear on the girl's sword, hoping to make the wielder panic and at best, drop her weapon. At worst, panic the girl long enough for the charging brute, that Myra had noticed in the corner of her eye, to save the cleric's skin.
Focusing her divine energy, Myra rolls a 9 and implants her deepest fears into the blade of the nude bandit girl, and almost immediately it takes effect as the hysterical mage suddenly shuts up, her eyes growing wide in sheer terror.

"D-de...demon...demon...DEMON! NOOOOOO!" she screams, throwing down her blade as the last of her sanity breaks completely. "I-I won't die here...I-I can't, I can...ESCAPE!"

With a sudden jolt, the mad woman makes a mad dash for the lower decks of the ship...the still heavily burning lower decks...
Almost instantly, her frantic, mad laughter at the thought of escaping the ordeal on top deck was replaced with the sound of a bloodcurdling screech as the fires engulfed her. Eventually, there is only an agonized gurgle and then silence....

Though Myra felt happy that she had taken out the bandit girl which had tore open her top, she felt as if something was wrong

Choose One:
• You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot. The GM
will tell you how.
• Your casting distances you from your deity—take -1 ongoing to
cast a spell until the next time you commune.
• After you cast it, the spell is revoked by your deity. You cannot cast the spell again until you commune and have it granted to you. Note that maintaining spells with ongoing effects will sometimes cause a penalty to your roll to cast a spell.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/71/cb/1f/71cb1f6b00a481858a2d8c7991788096.jpg
Name:Maya Lazarus
Level 1
Race:Human
Alignment:Neutral

Eyes:Sharp Eyes
Hair:Pointed Hat(Because I'm a witch!)
Robes:Stylish(A witch has to look her best!)
Body:Thin(A witch has to keep her figure!)

HP:13/13
Base Damage:d4
INT:16 DEX:15 WIS:13 CHA:12 CON:9 STR:8

Starting Moves:
Human
Choose one cleric spell. You can cast it as if it was a wizard spell.
I chose Cause Fear.

Spellbook
You have mastered several spells and inscribed them in your spellbook. You start out with three first level spells in your spellbook as well as the cantrips. Whenever you gain a level, you add a new spell of your level or lower to your spellbook. You spellbook is 1 weight.
I chose Contact Spirits, Magic Missle, and Alarm for my three levle one spells.

Prepare Spells
When you spend uninterrupted time (an hour or so) in quiet contemplation of your spellbook, you:
-Lose any spells you already have prepared
-Prepare new spells of your choice from your spellbook whose total levels don’t exceed your own level+1.
-Prepare your cantrips which never count against your limit.

Cast a Spell (Int)
When you release a spell you’ve prepared, roll+Int.
✴ On a 10+, the spell is successfully cast and you do not forget the spell—you may cast it again later.
✴ On a 7-9, the spell is cast, but choose one:
You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot. The GM will tell you how.
The spell disturbs the fabric of reality as it is cast—take -1 ongoing to cast a spell until the next time you Prepare Spells.
After it is cast, the spell is forgotten. You cannot cast the spell again until you prepare spells.
Note that maintaining spells with ongoing effects will sometimes cause a penalty to your roll to cast a spell.

Spell Defense
You may end any ongoing spell immediately and use the energy of its dissipation to deflect an oncoming attack. The spell ends and you subtract its level from the damage done to you.

Ritual
When you draw on a place of power to create a magical effect, tell the GM what you’re trying to achieve. Ritual effects are always possible, but the GM will give you one to four of the following conditions:
It’s going to take days/weeks/months
First you must ____
You’ll need help from ____
It will require a lot of money
The best you can do is a lesser version, unreliable and limited
You and your allies will risk danger from ____
You’ll have to disenchant ____ to do it

Gear:
Load-7+STR
Spellbook(1 weight)
Dungeon rations(5 uses, 1 weight)
Bag of books(5 uses, 2 weight) and 3 healing potions
Staff (close, two-handed, 1 weight)
Healing potion (0 weight)

Bonds:None

Backstory:Maya was just a little girl one day born through strange methods. She was gifted with crimson red eyes and in her village it was a sign of great magical prowess. Maya would express magical proficiency despite her young age and brought a strange happiness to her family. Maya ended up taking long periods of time studying magic and old texts. She read old stories of witches and wizards noting their appearances. Maya decided she would follow in the footsteps of a witch. Maya grew up into quite the beautiful woman with her magical prowess showing. She donned the traditional witch outfit she read so much about and was happy to add her own stylish touches. She wasn't just happy with this. She wanted more magical knowledge.

Quest:Maya was off a journey to ancient ruins she heard about that was said to contain all kinds of ancient magical tomes. Maya took it upon herself to get that knowledge and set off on her epic quest. She wanted to be a great witch and wanted that knowledge for personal gain. She wasn't going to let anything stop her.

Likes/Dislikes:
+Zako Type Themes
+Uniform Stealing
+Bondage
+Being captured herself
-Scat
-Male minions
(I guess I can I could put this here now! So how would I join in?)
Well, seems like combat on deck is about finished and everyone is about to board and leave the lifeboat. So maybe you could write a quick thing about how you too were a prisoner that escaped and is now running to the lifeboat?
Or, if you want to spawn in the next settlement that the player's will go to as a traveller, that will work too. Any way you think that would fit is fine.
 

nonniemouse

Vivacious Visitor
Joined
Dec 12, 2010
(Well, they're were a few other "hiding spot" the girl certainly had, but the warrior was certain the girl would'nt be hiding any valuables in there...)
> Dammit Servi, get out of my head. It's not safe in there!

Marek puts the looted goods away, but feel the tug of a weak hand at his legs as he turns to leave. He looks down in contempt at the pitiful creature at his feet. "Sorry love. Looks like you picked the wrong side." He jerks his foot away and takes a step back, "And like you say, it was she who promised you." He turns away, not sparing a second glance as he hurries to board the lifeboat with the others.

As he reaches the lifeboat, the airship shudders underneath him, then lurches upward sharply as some of its weight is shed away. She wasn't long for this world now, and they'd have to hurry if they didn't want to follow suit. "ALL ABOARD!" he hollers over the roar of wind stoked flames as he works the winch and pulley, beginning the process that would release the boat from its moorings.
 

MayaLazarus

Vivacious Visitor
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
(Very well then!)

Maya looked upon the scene in a curious fashion. The fires burning all around, a bunch of young girls that have either been ripped off life or life is slowly slipping away from them. She carefully walked around the bodies and the exploding flames on the ship. The girls had gotten a jump on her and tied her wrists behind her back by using her staff as a knotting point. She could have easily removed the rope with magic but she decided it wouldn't be worth the trouble of getting involved in combat ith them. Maya continued walking not bothering with removing her wrist bindings as she felt it gave her makeshift carry spot for her staff. "Sometimes having your hands tied can have a bit of a benefit!" Maya laughs with cheerful smile as she sees everyone heading to the lifeboat. "Well isn't that just a nifty little getaway. Don't mind if I join in." The beautiful witch heads over to the lifeboat and casually takes her spot while she fiddles with the rope binding her wrists to pass the time.
 

hocubed

Ryonani Teamster
Joined
Nov 27, 2009
• After you cast it, the spell is revoked by your deity. You cannot cast the spell again until you commune and have it granted to you. Note that maintaining spells with ongoing effects will sometimes cause a penalty to your roll to cast a spell.

Myra shook her head as she watched the girl run off screaming. In a way she deserved it for striking Myra, but the fire priestess supposed that she ought to have pittance for the poor burning girl. Myra heard the nagging complaint of her deity in the back of her mind as the woman burned. Odd that the God of Fire didn't want people to burn, but maybe that wasn't the reason.

Speaking of burning, it was time to get off this 'sinking' ship otherwise Myra might find herself joining that girl. Myra got to her feet and dusted herself off. She was bleeding and her nice outfit was ruined but it was nothing that she couldn't fix. Myra casts Cure Light Wounds.

Thankfully, it seemed her healing spell also worked on clothes. Her clothes at least but maybe that was in due part to her uniform being given to her by the very deity that gave her powers in the first place. Once that was done, Myra scuttled off to the lifeboat and found a small group awaiting. "Yea, hello and all that." Myra said unenthusiastically as she took her seat.
 

Servi

Vivacious Visitor
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Location
US
• After you cast it, the spell is revoked by your deity. You cannot cast the spell again until you commune and have it granted to you. Note that maintaining spells with ongoing effects will sometimes cause a penalty to your roll to cast a spell.

Myra shook her head as she watched the girl run off screaming. In a way she deserved it for striking Myra, but the fire priestess supposed that she ought to have pittance for the poor burning girl. Myra heard the nagging complaint of her deity in the back of her mind as the woman burned. Odd that the God of Fire didn't want people to burn, but maybe that wasn't the reason.

Speaking of burning, it was time to get off this 'sinking' ship otherwise Myra might find herself joining that girl. Myra got to her feet and dusted herself off. She was bleeding and her nice outfit was ruined but it was nothing that she couldn't fix. Myra casts Cure Light Wounds.

Thankfully, it seemed her healing spell also worked on clothes. Her clothes at least but maybe that was in due part to her uniform being given to her by the very deity that gave her powers in the first place. Once that was done, Myra scuttled off to the lifeboat and found a small group awaiting. "Yea, hello and all that." Myra said unenthusiastically as she took her seat.
Myra casts the spell successfully, rolling an 11! Causing both her skin and cloth to magically sew themselves back together.





With everyone now on the small lifeboat, and the upper deck now almost completely engulfed in flames, the safety rope is cut and the tiny craft falls a good twenty feet before the arcane sails flew out, catching the magical craft mid air.
Up above, the party watches as the ship slowly breaks apart, careful to avoid any debris as burning chunks of the ship fall dangerously close to them. Screams are heard from the ship as well, not only of the initiate girls that may have been still on there, but of the other prisoners who had failed to save themselves before the destruction of the ship. Bodies of both the dead, and living came tumbling down from the sky before disappearing into the endless blue abyss below...

You all now realize a bit of a problem, neither of you are exactly sure of where you are at, or how to even steer the ship correctly. There's also the issue of Acolyte Elana, who is slowly coming too...

Well, at least once all this madness was sorted out, you could FINALLY figure out who these people your now stuck with now anyway!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So that ends the first encounter, and it seems I totally forgot to hand out advance points to certain people!
Vera earns 1!
Marek earns 1!

If your character does something in line with their class/alignment that would net them an advance point, please tell me! As I will most likely forget what everyone's certain requirements are for advances beyond failing a roil.
 

Airtew

Vivacious Visitor
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Location
USA
(Woot woot! So now what happens, do you set up the next scene or do we just play in the lifeboat?)
 

Servi

Vivacious Visitor
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Location
US
(Woot woot! So now what happens, do you set up the next scene or do we just play in the lifeboat?)
Well, what happens now is someone is going to have to Defy Danger and steer the lifeboat to safety, and out of the blue emptiness. Someone else will also have to "handle" the now slowly awaking Elana as well.

How these two moves pan out, will decide the next scene.
 

nonniemouse

Vivacious Visitor
Joined
Dec 12, 2010
Marek wipes the soot from his face as looks on at the burning, disintegrating wreck of the airship and looks around at his erstwhile allies. His eyes linger a bit longer on the holy woman -- Tara or Tellana. Whatever her name was, he saw her as a peer that he could trust his back to. The others... he still carried some reservations about. Still, they were in this mess together now, and none of them have tried to kill him. Yet.

For the first time, though, he had a moment to look around. He took in the stars around him and what landmarks or scenery he could make out in the night.

Going to Discern Realities with +1 WIS to try to figure where we are, with the intention of helping navigation. I'm interested in learning...
(1) What should I be on the lookout for? (What's nearby? / Where are we?)
(2) What is about to happen? (Where are we going?)
(3) What here is not what it appears to be?

Also, I feel like I've resolved the bond with Teresa: "Teresa's religious upbringing stifles her understanding of the world; I worry it prevents her from doing what is needed to survive in this dangerous world." We've seen her in action, and nobody's god is going to stop her from killing people.

I feel like the Elana chick could have been a worthy opponent? Certainly more worthy than the others.

Also, I failed one check, so I think I've already marked XP for that as well.


Going to write new bonds as we get a few more interactions with the rest of the party.
 

MayaLazarus

Vivacious Visitor
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Maya looks at the scene around her. The airship falling apart around her as she rides this plummeting lifeboat. "My my... What an exciting thing to wake up to!" Maya easily slips her wrists out of her binds and holding her staff tight. She takes a look around the group around her and makes some mental comments. "Hm... Interesting. It seems now we're in another problem. Somebody needs to pilot this ship somehow and now we have that girl waking up. I'm no good with dealing with confrontations but I've studied quite a bit. How hard can it be to pilot this little lifeboat?" Maya walks over and attempts to pilot the lifeboat. "Magical knowledge... Don't fail me now."

(I guess someone has to do it... So I'm going to use Defy Danger!)
 

Mentos

Vivacious Visitor
Joined
Jun 23, 2015
Teresa said a quick prayer to her god as she watched the ship go down in flames. She was fortunate enough to have escaped the situation mostly unharmed as those whelps back there could hardly even scratch her. However she was nowhere near safety just yet. Teresa was trained in religion and warfare. Steering a boat however...that was an entirely different situation.

She glanced around her. There were five other people on board, including the warrior and two mages. The warrior had proven himself to be somewhat capable, albeit rather foolhardy. As for the mages, although she carried a slight disdain for arcane users, Teresa could not deny that they probably knew how to work this damn thing better than she did. That left her with one task.

"Well then, quite the situation we've gotten into no? I'll let you folk figure out where we go from here. Just promise to get me to the ground in one piece, okay?"

Her attention then turned towards this "Acolyte Elana" character. She seemed to be the culprit behind this whole incident. She was able to outfit those bandits with Spellbinder Gauntlets and those weapons of hers were clearly imbued with some sort of demonic enchantment. It was clear she was no ordinary bandit. She may even be involved with the cult Teresa was sent to investigate.

Elana lay on the ground of the boat. Tears in her eyes, she was clutching her mangled bleeding arm while pushing hew knees inwards to try and soothe her shattered woman. She made for a pathetic sight, but those blades of hers spoke a different story.

"Oh my, that arm doesn't look too good. Why you might bleed out before we even land! It looks like I'm the only person here who can take care of that for you. Let's make a deal! How about you tell me what you and your friends were up to, and I'll take care of that arm of yours!"

Teresa's words were masked with the gentle glance and smile befitting of a paladin, however something sinister definitely lay behind them.

(Hey! Question on bonds. Do we make them up as more characters are introduced to the story or do we only add them once we've had some interaction with said character. Otherwise I could probably add something for Marek if that is the case)
 

hocubed

Ryonani Teamster
Joined
Nov 27, 2009
And so life-threatening danger was avoided and for now, Myra decided it was best to extinguish her burning hands to prevent another boat from catching fire today. Still, Myra found herself in particular company with rather 'unique' individuals. A brutish warrior, the stereotypical Elven archer, a pious paladin, a scanty mage, and the bleeding Acolyte. It was the Acolyte who Myra was most interested at the moment, not only for revenge motivations but also the was the curious feeling that this woman knew something that Myra needed to know. The fact of the matter was, Myra's quest outside her lonely little village was two-fold, grow and develop both in power and knowledge but also to eventually duel and defeat the other elemental Avatars that were wandering about.

So when it came to magical imbued items, especially ones that had elemental flairs, they sometimes lead back to Myra's rival deity or rival Avatar. In this case, Myra suspected the former as those white-dressed girls gave off a more of a cult feeling, but there was no guarantee that anything from Myra's world was involved. Still, it didn't hurt to interrogate, especially with revenge as a secondary motive.

Myra leaned into the interrogation that was going on between the Paladin and the Acolyte. At the Paladin's words, Myra took offense. "Hey!" She interrupted. "You're not the only one that can heal!" Myra feigned insult for a moment before she came back to focus. "..Anyway, you aren't the only one that needs information." Myra took a step forward and placed the bottom of her boot just on the Acolyte's hand but she didn't press down. Not yet anyway. "You better answer truthfully." Myra threatened as she looked down at the Acolyte, pressing down on her foot just enough for it to be uncomfortable.

Aid Teresa's Parley. Or perform Parley if Teresa isn't.
 

Airtew

Vivacious Visitor
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Location
USA
Vera laughed to herself, seeing the two trying to intimidate her quarry. They had been too busy playing swords while the place burned to the ground, whereas she had secured not only the lifeboat, but also what might amount to a valuable source of information for this organization. Everyone had been taking Elana's orders anyways so it was possible to fetch a pretty price on this girls head.

"You two should heal her." Vera gestured to the paladin and the cleric. "We can't collect any bounties on the ones we killed on the airship if we let their leader bleed out." She says with a devilish grin.

"And as for you," she pokes at Elana. "If you tell us everything you can we might consider letting you go before we get to a town and you'll be able to keep doing whatever it is you do."

Parley
 

Servi

Vivacious Visitor
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Location
US
Just a bit of a heads up on why there hasn't been much of an update this week.
Been in the middle of huge, and pretty much all of my week has been a lot of packing and loading, as of right now too my entire desktop setup is still packed away.

Sorry for the huge delay, once my computer is set back up again in a day or two, we'll be back on track!
 

Airtew

Vivacious Visitor
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Location
USA
Yeah its all waiting on Servi and he's having a hard time typing after that bareknuckle brawl we got into. ;)
 
Top Bottom