How do I get a recording to play? (1 Viewer)

Slingerbult

Content Creator
I'm very new to the loader's different features and I'm trying to playback a recording. I'm using:

Flash Player for mac os x
Loader v.5.25d
Pim's DialogueActions (latest version) which features [CONTINUE] and [PAUSE] triggers.
I have run keys.swf and mapped playback to the key "7" on the numpad

First I thought that everything was fine and I could simply just start the loader and press "7" and something akin to auto-mode would ensue (since a sample recording.txt comes bundled with the loader). Since that didn't work, I figured maybe recording.txt needed to be in the OVER folder to load with any character, so I put a copy of the txt there (and in INIT too, just to be sure) but that didn't work either. I finally selected the actual RecordingExample character portrait from inside the loader and tried pressing 7 there as well as running a test dialogue with the [CONTINUE] and [PAUSE] triggers, but still no movement.

1) Should successfull playback of the sample recording bundled with the loader produce a result similar to auto mode?
2) Where do I need to put that recording.txt so that playback will function with any standard or non-standard character and have it always available as soon as I start up the loader?

On a related note:
3) I noticed that when I selected the RecordingExample character portrait, all my mods from the INIT folder got disabled. Does this mean that I need to put stuff in all three of the INIT, OVER and RESET folders, if I want these mods to be more or less permanent features of the loader no matter what happens "in game"? Is it a good idea to simply copy/paste anything in the INIT folder to the other two, so you don't risk loosing mod functionality if you load a character?

Slingerbult

Content Creator
I was e-mailing with Pim and sort of found a work-around to this. First off, auto_keys have to be enabled. There's a key for this too that you map when setting up keys.swf, but unfortunately, it is as unresponsive as the playback key for me.

Buuuut... there's a dialogue trigger for it in dia actions: AUTO_KEYS_ON. After that, I still couldn't do anything with my actual keyboard, but it WAS enough to enable the next CONTINUE trigger to actually work. So, if you want to use a recording and have a hard time activating it via keyboard, use the Dialogue Actions mod, and put in an [AUTO_KEYS_ON] before the [CONTINUE] trigger and it should work. Note that auto_keys_on actually disables horizontal mouse movements (you can still pull up/down) which is another feature I've been looking for, but it has the side effect of locking her mouth position solidly on his penis head. Oh well. Still useful if you know what it does and can plan for it.

I'll report back more on using recordings with DialogueActions in case someone else is interested and I find something useful or non-obvious.

Slingerbult

Content Creator
Okay, minor update. I'm working on a dialogue and I managed to switch all instances of AUTO triggers to CONTINUE/PAUSE triggers instead. However, something you should avoid is the following sequence:

AUTO_KEYS_ON, CONTINUE, PAUSE
switch position with AnimTools
AUTO_KEYS_OFF

This is because toggling auto keys changes the position ever so slightly, so if you do this, resetting auto keys to on will still mess up penis-to-mouth alignment. Auto keys needs to be off BEFORE switching positions - then you can turn them back on again.

Also, a problem with using a recording over regular auto mode is that, for all the randomness of auto mode, it actually adapts to him cumming. So if he starts cumming in her mouth he'll slam the cock into her throat in a rather realistic fashion as he blows his load. Not so with recordings - they'll keep the predictable pattern and make a bit of a mess of things, plus it looks unnatural. I'm considering using precum as a way to modulate this and perhaps have her finish him off with a hand job or something - we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.