Hoof boots for her and or him? (1 Viewer)

DeepThroat

Potential Patron
Like the ones here?
Source
e55aa3e3df19901287d8bec4510c0ca5.jpg

Another example: Here.

Bonus points for hoof gloves.

stuntcock

Content Creator
DeepThroat said:
Like the ones here?
Your reference images aren't very good. They illustrate the concept, but they don't actually give modders enough information to proceed.
  • are the boots supposed to be worn by a character whose legs naturally end in hooves (e.g. satyr), as a fashion item?
    • you'll still need to provide proper reference images, because there's a lot of potential variation in leg and hoof shapes (e.g. succubus, satyr, pony, tauren, dranei, etc).
    • if you intend for the boots to fit onto an existing body-mod then please identify it explicitly (preferably via hyperlink) in order to avoid confusion.
  • are the boots supposed to be worn by a character with humanoid feet, as a bondage/fetish accessory?
    • are the boots supposed to visually fit over the character's actual bones and joints? (so that the overall impression is "a regular person wearing uncomfortable boots which vaguely resemble hooves, and which would be very difficult to walk around on")
    • are the boots supposed to simply hide/replace the relevant portion of the character's legs, without regard for the underlying anatomy? (overall impression: "a regular person wearing magic boots which have transformed their legs into a satyr shape")
  • we need some idea of the desired size (e.g. knee-length vs overknee vs thigh-high) and design of the boots. Reference images can be used in lieu of description, but the images must be consistent.

her and or him?
"Him" presents additional challenges, because his feet are connected to the floor yet we don't have enough joints to rig up a proper unguligrade leg. If we maintain realistic proportions then it would look weird during animation: whenever his center of mass moves back and forth (due to pelvic thrusting) he'd seem to be precariously off-balance. If we opt for proper kinematics then the legs would appear distorted (i.e. excessively long metatarsals).

You'll need to answer the preceding questions (re: fashion vs fetish).

Handjob mode adds scripting complexity; arms-behind-back position adds visual complexity. The whole thing is somewhat unlikely to happen, unless you can find really good reference images.

Please note that your previous thread died because you put zero effort into it, even after Dante was kind enough to reply. If you want actual mods to be created, then don't repeat the same mistake.

DeepThroat

Potential Patron
Your reference images aren't very good. They illustrate the concept, but they don't actually give modders enough information to proceed.
Well I didn't want to start making a bunch of demands about how it needs to be TOTALLY EXACTLY LIKE I WANT and leave no room for the modders creativity. If I must however, I'll make my answers teal just so its easier to read things hopefully.

• are the boots supposed to be worn by a character whose legs naturally end in hooves (e.g. satyr), as a fashion item?
    Yes that is what I would prefer, but I would be perfectly happy if they were 'go over feet' style boots.
    • you'll still need to provide proper reference images, because there's a lot of potential variation in leg and hoof shapes (e.g. succubus, satyr, pony, tauren, dranei, etc).
      Should I just dig up as many images as I can find? I guess I'm not sure what a proper reference would be.
    • if you intend for the boots to fit onto an existing body-mod then please identify it explicitly (preferably via hyperlink) in order to avoid confusion.
    I had no such intention. Standalone or if the modder wants to put it with their mods that's cool.
  • are the boots supposed to be worn by a character with humanoid feet, as a bondage/fetish accessory?
    Answered in the first one. I could take it either way.
    • are the boots supposed to visually fit over the character's actual bones and joints? (so that the overall impression is "a regular person wearing uncomfortable boots which vaguely resemble hooves, and which would be very difficult to walk around on")
      Would be nice so other mods would be more likely to work with them, but not necessary. Up to how hard the modder feels like working on it I suppose.
    • are the boots supposed to simply hide/replace the relevant portion of the character's legs, without regard for the underlying anatomy? (overall impression: "a regular person wearing magic boots which have transformed their legs into a satyr shape")
    See previous answer.
  • we need some idea of the desired size (e.g. knee-length vs overknee vs thigh-high) and design of the boots. Reference images can be used in lieu of description, but the images must be consistent.
    Knee high I suppose.

her and or him?
"Him" presents additional challenges, because his feet are connected to the floor yet we don't have enough joints to rig up a proper unguligrade leg. If we maintain realistic proportions then it would look weird during animation: whenever his center of mass moves back and forth (due to pelvic thrusting) he'd seem to be precariously off-balance. If we opt for proper kinematics then the legs would appear distorted (i.e. excessively long metatarsals).
Well fuck that then, just for her.

You'll need to answer the preceding questions (re: fashion vs fetish).

Handjob mode adds scripting complexity; arms-behind-back position adds visual complexity. The whole thing is somewhat unlikely to happen, unless you can find really good reference images.
Yeah fuck that then.

Please note that your previous thread died because you put zero effort into it, even after Dante was kind enough to reply. If you want actual mods to be created, then don't repeat the same mistake.
I forgot I made that thread.

Thank you for the lengthy reply hopefully it helps me help myself.

stuntcock

Content Creator
DeepThroat said:
Well I didn't want to start making a bunch of demands about how it needs to be TOTALLY EXACTLY LIKE I WANT and leave no room for the modders creativity.
There's no need to shout.

Reference images are supposed to be an exact representation of what something looks like -- correct camera angle, correct lighting, correct color scheme, etc. Modders are often forced to adapt the reference material (for example: stretching the bangs of a hairstyle to fit the SDT girl's forehead). Modders are sometimes forced to interpolate or improvise when the reference material is incomplete (for example: the shoulders and armpits of a costume are often obscured by the character's own arms).

Modders are always free to creatively alter or embellish the original design. Providing a complete reference image does not hinder them from doing so.

Providing a vague reference image simply forces the artist to do more work (for example: guessing at the gloss and reflection patterns on a latex garment, instead of just copying the shading details from the reference image). Please keep in mind that modding is volunteer work. It's motivated -- at least in part -- by the desire to make someone happy. Nobody wants to work on a vaguely-defined request, because you might sink five hours into the project and then deliver something which the client hates ("wtf? Hooker boots? I wanted COMBAT boots!").

Should I just dig up as many images as I can find? I guess I'm not sure what a proper reference would be.
Emphatically no. "As many images as I can find" will result in a huge amount of variation and little consistency. It would add confusion.

Find two or three images which show the type of leg that you want. The key thing here is to establish the lengths and proportions (e.g. a tapered deer hoof vs a robust Tauren hoof; a slender leg vs a muscular leg). Color and shading are not very important, since we'll be focusing on the outline of the leg. At least one of your images should show a crouching or kneeling posture; the others can show whatever (standing, running, leaping, sleeping, sitting, fighting, fucking, etc). They should all be side views.

Then find one or two images which show the boot design that you'd like. Please try to find images which are as complete as possible. They should show the correct material, coloration, texture (if applicable), etc... The images should present a side view image of at least one boot. These images do not need to show the correct leg/hoof shape; you could post a succubus boot image and then ask the modder to fit it into your My Little Pony leg. Nevertheless, it would be helpful if the boot images depict a similar leg shape.

"Complete" does not necessarily mean "complicated" or "highly detailed." Your first post included one image with thick corrugated rubber soles, a zipper along the inner sides, and straps/buckles along the outer sides. Your second image showed few structural or design elements. There are minor accordion-pleats at the joints, but no obvious means by which the boots could be removed. It's almost as if the character was simply dipped into a vat of purple latex :) Both of these designs are acceptable; you can choose whichever design suits your tastes. But please don't post a very simple design and then ask the modder to add visual details (such as shoelaces, platform heels, and a Nike swoosh) which are absent from the reference image.

Answered in the first one. I could take it either way.
This answer worries me, because it suggests that you don't really understand what you want ... or that you don't really care.

When a person posts a request thread, we expect that they'll have a mental image of what the finished product will look like. So far, it seems as if your vision is pretty much just the words "knee-high hoof boots."

Please be more specific and assertive.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
hoof boots, the highest of heels

also, faceless has some pony shoes in his first archive, might be relevant
http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=2574.0

DeepThroat

Potential Patron
Something like this but actually good and not just MSpainted over a screenshot?

Still not a good enough example? I'm not good at art, okay!!

I dont know where I got the original MLPbodymod file from but maybe they could edit it to work or something?
mockup2.jpg

edit: better mockup

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.