Honey Select Thread (2 Viewers)

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
If you pay really close attention to the HS modding scene, and why would most of you, you've noticed a barrage of plugins come out from the same person, Joan. HSPE, HSUS, fog editor, lighting editor, render editor... all sorts of things. Some of the things they can do might seem like windows you open, go "nope" and then close cause they're too complicated and all you wanna do is make pictures of henchwomen this isn't rocket science here. But, they're not that hard to use and they're actually really handy for fixing problems that otherwise might be much harder to deal with or just straight up unsolvable.

Here, here's an example of me using some of them in a thing I'm doin.

So, part of the maid story I decided to set in a bedroom with an outdoor baclony. There's a cool new room someone made that I wanted to use, and it's a fun idea of starting outside and then moving in. There was no goddamn way I was gonna get the lighting perfect for both, so I used overall lighting for the moonlit area to start with and put a couple of point lights down to make light leaking out of the inside. Point lights have weird shadows on characters, but those shadows shouldn't ever show up. So povman is hanging on the balcony looking up and hey what's that?
New Bitmap Image.jpg
That looks very ugly and you're gonna notice it right away. Where's it coming from?
New Bitmap Image (2).jpg
Ah son of a bitch the curtains. Well, I could find them in HS shortcuts, maybe, I think
New Bitmap Image (3).jpg
But I can't hide them and I don't want them gone! They're lacy and delicate, it's exactly the kind of drapes I want in the scene. It underscores the delicacy of the maids! It was a big reason I picked this map! AAAAAAAAA
New Bitmap Image (3)d.jpg
But wait. See, render editor lets you pick things out and do all sorts of things with them. It's also how I made sure certain hairs looked like they were behind glass instead of in front like the game wanted them to be. One of the things you can do is make things just... not cast a shadow! Not only is this just plain cool and makes me want to try and make a vampire scene or something, it's exactly what I need to fix this.
New Bitmap Image (3)e.jpg
There, no more weird chess board, and all I did was click a button. I even just guessed the name of it, they were curtains so it probably had part of curtain as the name, and there we go. Instead of having to redo everything to fix this one problem, I can just click a few things and I'm all set!
New Bitmap Image (3)f.jpg

So, now povman is rushing the outside maid and she turns around, startled! Also I had to add a background, which I hope looks okay. I'll probably use DoF on it eventually.
New Bitmap Image (4).jpg
Okay, that's surprised, but... well, she's in the dark, alone, while her squadmates are inside doing who knows what(laughing at bananas, turns out), and she's being attacked by a guy outta nowhere and she didn't even take her rifle with her. Shouldn't she be more scared? Let's try something else.
New Bitmap Image (4)a.jpg
Well that doesn't work either. It seems off, and I want the eyes to be wide. She's surprised. I can't just add tears to 11, cause she hasn't had time to tear up. So what do I do about this?
New Bitmap Image (4)b.jpg
HSPE has a blend shapes option, which essentially means you can make your own dang expressions! Here, I messed with some sliders to tilt and raise the eyebrows, and now she looks more afraid! It's really not hard to use at all, since you can just reset things if you can't find the right one. Well, it's easy to use for eyes, eyebrow, and tounge most of the time. Mouth and teeth are... much harder to get a handle on. But for people like us, who might get tired of the same few eyebrows up configurations, it's really useful.
Well, now povman has put his hand over her mouth and is going to push her up against the pillar and
New Bitmap Image (5).jpg
Point lights have weird shadows on characters, but those shadows shouldn't ever show up. So
oh cmon
New Bitmap Image (5)a.jpg

Wait, there's actually a really easy thing to do about this. I don't want to delete the light, I'm not gonna go switching everything around to use spotlights, but what I CAN do is move the dang shadows.
New Bitmap Image (5)b.jpg
This comes in extremely handy. Sometimes shadows just aren't where you want them to be, even if the light is where you want it to be. People who are actually good at this probably don't have that problem, but I sure do. By just moving the shadow bias around, you can make sure that things still have the weight given by shadows but easily fix it if the shadows go somewhere you don't want them to go.

So, don't be afraid of the weird things people are doing to this game! They're extremely useful.

Last edited:

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Oh, guangxihou has a pixiv! I didn't know, he's been putting out a lot of useful maps lately.

I'd second the Discord, there's usually at least one mod released a day on there. It's kinda crazy how much people are still doing!

I mentioned Saint before, and I still stand by that mention. If you're into cyberpunk or other dystopian sci-fi, post-apocalyptic, or dilapidated modern settings, he's got lots of maps and bits that fit that theme. Those are all easy themes for this sub-niche, so I think they're very useful for us.

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Hmm. You do the Honey Select Item Resolver thing? I've got a shortcut for that. If it's not showing up after that? I donno man. I donno.

KnightKiller

Avid Affiliate
Some maps are classified as 'Items' rather than maps. I think Snooley's are all 'Map' maps but I know at least one of guangxihou's is stored in the Item section of StudioNeo, for which you'll need HiR (Honey Select Item Resolver) that Weoooo mentioned.

Snooley's 'Neo Mapz' I think just work straight up, try them and see if you still have problems.

ArayaSouren

Club Regular
Some maps are classified as 'Items' rather than maps. I think Snooley's are all 'Map' maps but I know at least one of guangxihou's is stored in the Item section of StudioNeo, for which you'll need HiR (Honey Select Item Resolver) that Weoooo mentioned.

Snooley's 'Neo Mapz' I think just work straight up, try them and see if you still have problems.
Yeah, tried looking form them in the item section but nothing :(

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Oh, try clicking on "advance" in HSIR if you haven't already. A lot of people are using the additional slots from that to put their items in.

D

Deleted member 687

Messing around with old poses, new girls a new costumes xD
Amazing looking poses and uniforms! Been really looking forward to more from you since your ninja dancer stuff! Did you do anymore with the ninja dancers that you haven't posted on pixiv?

grgr444

Master of this Domain
ZIh53qw.jpg

9xRXobB.jpg

X2TOoe7.jpg

mhRNE3c.jpg

DuOsfgG.jpg

DAd3lMd.jpg

OnJcZ2M.jpg

TWl8ZSo.jpg

DhCjxw1.jpg
I added a few pages.

I'm so busy these days that I don't have time for making what I want. So the period for making my work will be longer than at present. But don't worry. This is just slowing down, doesn't means I'm gonna stop. :-)

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Yeah I know that feeling. I started a little side story with a surprise ending to help explain the behavior of a couple maids, and then that stopped being fun cause of events; I couldn't light a hallway in the delmo thing and I decided that meant I was garbage and everything I did was garbage... but that's me. Take your time! Everything you make comes out incredible.
I'm glad you're back at it, Araya! With a whole slew of new costumes and options, which has gotta be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.