Honey Select Thread (2 Viewers)

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Isn't these dark elves from Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders?
Yeah, I really like their design. I haven't replicated it to my satisfaction, there's a lot wrong. But it's getting closer now that I realized that if I make things with accessories I can make them move with HSPE.
Joan6694's Honey Select Plugins - updated 26/02/2018 #164 - HongFire.com | Anime | Manga | Games | MMORPG | Friendly Community
That guy makes HSPE and HSUS, which stand for Honey Select Pose Editor and Honey Select Useful Stuff. They're both pretty useful! The breast and bone editor in HSPE are both super great. I still find myself using the FK bones for skirts when I really wanna make either dramatic or precise movements, but once you get over how scary the menu looks at first you can do lots of great stuff that would either be super annoying, or impossible. You don't get to make accessories move, for example, so even setting aside making hair and clothes out of things, you couldn't make the wind blow a scarf around unless you had access to those dynamic bones.

grgr444

Master of this Domain
I mainly use flat setting instead of trilight, I think this looks better. And skin mod... It has been a long time since I installed that so I can't remember exactly what was. Maybe it was 2k. Also I don't use LRE. I often use Photoshop to improve light effect. Glow effect of that image(#56) made by it. I'm not good at it but it's really helpful. Accessories of that girls are... I can't remember that mods name, sorry. I remember I downloaded it on Hongfire.

And dynamic bone editor of HSPE. I have used old version of it so I haven't noticed that feature. That's exactly what I need! Also using a scarf accessory instead of loincloth is a good idea. Why hadn't i thought of that? I tried to make loincloth but I didn't know what accessory I should use. Thank you for useful information.
Oh! The corrupt rouges! God they were an incredible act 1 enemy, weren't they? The second thing you fought were evil versions of the female character in the first game.
You're using trilight from the studio addon plugin, right? Plus the 4k diffuse? I'm pretty sure you're not using LRE, it doesn't look like it. I'm just always so blown away by how fuckin' good your lighting is. It's so evocative, it highlights and hides exactly what it should.

I hadn't thought of this until recently, but if you want a long loincloth an easy way to do it is a scarf accessory that you put at the hip and then move down.
42oc2Un.jpg

Like this
You can then move it with HSPE's dynamic bone editor. I've been foolin' around with that myself, because I've got a real soft spot for the KUF elves.
xz9hskR.jpg

nowhere close to done, it's embarrassing to post, but it's an example of using the scarf as a loincloth
Also, of using the dynamic bone editor to move hair accessories.

If you don't mind me asking, what are those jewels on the back and thighs? I haven't seen anything like them, and they're very much to my interest.

Last edited:

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
I mainly use flat setting instead of trilight, I think this looks better. And skin mod... It has been a long time since I installed that so I can't remember exactly what was. Maybe it was 2k. Also I don't use LRE. I often use Photoshop to improve light effect. Glow effect of that image(#56) made by it. I'm not good at it but it's really helpful. Accessories of that girls are... I can't remember that mods name, sorry. I remember I downloaded it on Hongfire.

And dynamic bone editor of HSPE. I have used old version of it so I haven't noticed that feature. That's exactly what I need! Also using a scarf accessory instead of loincloth is a good idea. Why hadn't i thought of that? I tried to make loincloth but I didn't know what accessory I should use. Thank you for useful information.

I should give flat more of a shot then. It makes sense, you then get to play with shadows the most that way. I've been really trying to get good at lighting things, cause it's vital, and I'm still never happy with it.
I'm very glad to hear that I don't have to drag myself into using LRE, I really don't want to. I've got pant.net cause I needed something to insert text into a picture(and probably to paste in images), maybe I should try messing with the images a bit there too.
If you found the jewels on Hongfire, then I'm pretty sure I could find them too. As long as they're not behind some paywall, I bet I can scrounge 'em up. So don't worry about it.

I'm super glad you found the scarf tip useful. I wasn't sure if it was being presumptuous, but I remembered the corrupt rogues had some draped cloth in front, saw it wasn't there, and saw you said they didn't come out the way you planned and thought you might've run into a problem of just not being able to get the right clothes.

grgr444

Master of this Domain
Making light effects is not that difficult. I can share some of my Honeystudio files if you want.

I should give flat more of a shot then. It makes sense, you then get to play with shadows the most that way. I've been really trying to get good at lighting things, cause it's vital, and I'm still never happy with it.
I'm very glad to hear that I don't have to drag myself into using LRE, I really don't want to. I've got pant.net cause I needed something to insert text into a picture(and probably to paste in images), maybe I should try messing with the images a bit there too.
If you found the jewels on Hongfire, then I'm pretty sure I could find them too. As long as they're not behind some paywall, I bet I can scrounge 'em up. So don't worry about it.

I'm super glad you found the scarf tip useful. I wasn't sure if it was being presumptuous, but I remembered the corrupt rogues had some draped cloth in front, saw it wasn't there, and saw you said they didn't come out the way you planned and thought you might've run into a problem of just not being able to get the right clothes.

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Thanks a bunch for this! I'll... figure out how make them load soon, and then I can have more to talk about. I can't get the XML data to come in, so I bet I've gotta change a modpref.
I'm pretty surprised to see that (I think, due to the advanced IK data) you're using the first studio! I guess I shouldn't be, it was there first and lots of people figured out how to do amazing things on it.

Last edited:

Kargan3033

Club Regular
Well now I have HS up and running thanks to the help from Weoooo.

Now what the hell do I with this, I'm planning of making a Dark Lord Male hunting Female Elven Zako but I have so much to learn and resources to scare up and thanks to Weoooo I have lots of stuff to download, is there any tutorial videos to download on how to use this program, thanks in advance for your help everyone and a big thanks to you Weoooo for your help.

Kargan3033

Club Regular
Did some rendering for funsies with the Pearl Soldiers and @NNin 's Petal character, Lang. I like how the image turned out, but I think I need to adjust the Pearl's colors better so that they match.
KyPwWBy.jpg
Nicely done, I'm so glad I grabbed HS, right now I'm grabbing as much mods and what not as I can get, I should have some thing up soon.

grgr444

Master of this Domain
Is there any problem with loading my files? I don't know much about mod setting but I thought it would be easy to load. I use Honeystudio1.20 (not StudioNEO) and I installed Illusion Plugin Architecture, HSPE, HS Studio Addon Plugin, Wideslider, ShortcutsHS.

Thanks a bunch for this! I'll... figure out how make them load soon, and then I can have more to talk about. I can't get the XML data to come in, so I bet I've gotta change a modpref.
I'm pretty surprised to see that (I think, due to the advanced IK data) you're using the first studio! I guess I shouldn't be, it was there first and lots of people figured out how to do amazing things on it.

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Is there any problem with loading my files? I don't know much about mod setting but I thought it would be easy to load. I use Honeystudio1.20 (not StudioNEO) and I installed Illusion Plugin Architecture, HSPE, HS Studio Addon Plugin, Wideslider, ShortcutsHS.

I don't think there's anything wrong. I just can't seem to load the lighting data! We're using all the same things.

grgr444

Master of this Domain
I don't think there's anything wrong. I just can't seem to load the lighting data! We're using all the same things.
I uploaded an entire Plugins folder. Just for a try, I suggest you to delete your Plugins folder and paste this. I hope this will be helpful for you.

MEGA
key: !iS1uTD48BrBaczN984OeURiAXAlAzN-PVkwyEv7n2ac

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
I uploaded an entire Plugins folder. Just for a try, I suggest you to delete your Plugins folder and paste this. I hope this will be helpful for you.

MEGA
key: !iS1uTD48BrBaczN984OeURiAXAlAzN-PVkwyEv7n2ac

Thank you very much for all your help, you're going above and beyond here. Still won't load, which, well, at this point, I don't know what else could possibly be done. The data is in the xmls so I can see the numbers, so I can replicate the placing and color of lights. I have no idea why things won't load up, and I'm pretty sure at this point I probably never will. I've got the raw data though, and that's really all I need. I am... genuinely surprised at how often in these I was certain you were using multiple sources of light, and you're not. You're using the map lighting to great effect. Or I messed up the files.
Since I'm an idiot, I also discounted the importance of blurring the background to make the foreground look better. All my complaints about the blurry map textures in the maid pictures could've been totally avoided if I had tried that.

Did some rendering for funsies with the Pearl Soldiers and @NNin 's Petal character, Lang. I like how the image turned out, but I think I need to adjust the Pearl's colors better so that they match.

In what way do they not match? Their skin tones are different, but that's a feature! I think they're a good design!
Well now I have HS up and running thanks to the help from Weoooo.

Now what the hell do I with this, I'm planning of making a Dark Lord Male hunting Female Elven Zako but I have so much to learn and resources to scare up and thanks to Weoooo I have lots of stuff to download, is there any tutorial videos to download on how to use this program, thanks in advance for your help everyone and a big thanks to you Weoooo for your help.

No problem, man, I think it's a universal good to try and make things no matter how you do it. Unless your acts like actually hurt people, which I don't think any of us are doing.

I would say that after you've downloaded a few things(and installed widesliders, especially if you're makin' elves) to start by making your elves. It's easy to install so many mods that you then have to figure out how to make them all work, and that can be frustrating. SlotIDs aren't inspiring, but making a character is. I also wouldn't start with a dude, because they are afterthoughts in this game and you have to really do work if they fall outside the mold.
From there probably first try by loading up a map and playing with poses. There's probably tutorials and videos and you've probably already found some good ones, but I think it's good to try first and then look things up when you hit roatblocks. Don't be afraid to find references for how people look! There's a reason art reference books are an actual thing, and even in this we have to worry about how muscles and joints actually look if we want things to look right.

Kargan3033

Club Regular
Thanks for your advice Weoooo, I have a few ideas for a few characters for the zako story I have planed and why do I need a wide slider for?

Also what do wide sliders do?

Last edited:

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Thanks for your advice Weoooo, I have a few ideas for a few characters for the zako story I have planed and why do I need a wide slider for?

Also what do wide sliders do?

Wideslider makes it so you can go from -100 to 200 for body measurements. Or more, if you configure it. For one, lots of people's characters use them so it can be super useful to have it for bases to start with. Two, if you wanna make really long elf ears it's actually necessary. I don't really like those, but for some people it's not an elf if the ears aren't large.
Nah, not the skin colors, the actual outfit colors. I was thinking of going for something a bit more muted. I also found a better leotard type!

Ah, okay! I was confused, cause I couldn't quite get what you meant by matching. I think I recognize that leotard, and it is hecka good. The back looks great in it and it's undress state is a tear, which is exactly what we're looking for. I like the more muted pink too, it's more of a pastel than a neon type of color and I think that's good for letting the girl be the star rather than the outfit. The fuck do I know though

grgr444

Master of this Domain
I use multiple sources of light and default map light is very occasionally used. I wonder why that files didn't work. Anyway, if you have any question for my works, I'll show you with screenshots.

Thank you very much for all your help, you're going above and beyond here. Still won't load, which, well, at this point, I don't know what else could possibly be done. The data is in the xmls so I can see the numbers, so I can replicate the placing and color of lights. I have no idea why things won't load up, and I'm pretty sure at this point I probably never will. I've got the raw data though, and that's really all I need. I am... genuinely surprised at how often in these I was certain you were using multiple sources of light, and you're not. You're using the map lighting to great effect. Or I messed up the files.
Since I'm an idiot, I also discounted the importance of blurring the background to make the foreground look better. All my complaints about the blurry map textures in the maid pictures could've been totally avoided if I had tried that.

In what way do they not match? Their skin tones are different, but that's a feature! I think they're a good design!

No problem, man, I think it's a universal good to try and make things no matter how you do it. Unless your acts like actually hurt people, which I don't think any of us are doing.

I would say that after you've downloaded a few things(and installed widesliders, especially if you're makin' elves) to start by making your elves. It's easy to install so many mods that you then have to figure out how to make them all work, and that can be frustrating. SlotIDs aren't inspiring, but making a character is. I also wouldn't start with a dude, because they are afterthoughts in this game and you have to really do work if they fall outside the mold.
From there probably first try by loading up a map and playing with poses. There's probably tutorials and videos and you've probably already found some good ones, but I think it's good to try first and then look things up when you hit roatblocks. Don't be afraid to find references for how people look! There's a reason art reference books are an actual thing, and even in this we have to worry about how muscles and joints actually look if we want things to look right.

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
I use multiple sources of light and default map light is very occasionally used. I wonder why that files didn't work. Anyway, if you have any question for my works, I'll show you with screenshots.

Okay so somehow when I loaded the scene I lost all the light data. If I replace it, it comes back. But now I only see one light at a time, which I bet is just something I'm not understanding, or I broke.

Hey, if I could ask you ONE more thing? I hate to impose, I really do. But I'm wondering something. Could you try and save the scenes when StoreDataInPng is active? That's literally the only other thing I can think of, since you gave me your plugins folder, and lots of the xmls only have one light source. I can't ask for anything else from you, this is already a lot, and it's not like I can do much in return.

Last edited:

Kargan3033

Club Regular
Wideslider makes it so you can go from -100 to 200 for body measurements. Or more, if you configure it. For one, lots of people's characters use them so it can be super useful to have it for bases to start with. Two, if you wanna make really long elf ears it's actually necessary. I don't really like those, but for some people it's not an elf if the ears aren't large.

Ahh ok then and I'm more for the western/euro elf ears myself but the long eastern elf ears can be nice at times and useful if you have both western/euro and eastern/Asian elves in one setting to tell the difference between the two strains of elves.

grgr444

Master of this Domain
Okay so somehow when I loaded the scene I lost all the light data. If I replace it, it comes back. But now I only see one light at a time, which I bet is just something I'm not understanding, or I broke.

Hey, if I could ask you ONE more thing? I hate to impose, I really do. But I'm wondering something. Could you try and save the scenes when StoreDataInPng is active? That's literally the only other thing I can think of, since you gave me your plugins folder, and lots of the xmls only have one light source. I can't ask for anything else from you, this is already a lot, and it's not like I can do much in return.

Here it is. Now *.png.extsave files are disappeared.

Attachments

light2.rar
383.3 KB · Views: 408

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Here it is. Now *.png.extsave files are disappeared.

There we go! I don't know why, but the xml files, which SHOULD have added more compatibility, weren't loading.
The light sources you use are labeled something that I would've never considered in neo, and they seem to actually not light up the map the way point lights do. Bathing the map in light is something I kept running into indoors, and this should help considerably! I also can't quite tell, but it almost looks like they tend to not aim directly at what you want to light, which... isn't something I considered.
Thank you so much for this. I always wondered how you made your scenes look so good, and now I have hard data how. I'm not gonna be able to come close to making anything that looks this good, but you're doing lots of things I hadn't thought of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.