Help With? Everything. (1 Viewer)

Calypso

Potential Patron
Okay, so, Im new to this community as well as the loader, and after exstensive trial and error, I am about ready to yank my hair out after trying to mod this game. Sure, call me a stupid noob, I really could care less at this point. Ive seen dozens of threats with models of hair and a long line of text. I hear of these mythical .swf files which I have found little to none of, and the save guide in the newest version of the loader is referencing files that, to my knowledge, dont even exist in my directory.

I have a mods folder, and inside it are the following folders:

$INIT$
$OVER$
$RESET$
Example
ModPageExample
PositionExample
RecordingExample
settingsLoaderEx
SWFOfficial
ToggleHim
Mods.txt

Ill be honest. I have NO idea what any of these things signify, or what their purposes are. The save guide says there, "Arm/" and "Brow/" folders im supposed to be seeing? Because I dont. It mentions the txt file is important, which I can understand, but after all manner of dinking around in notepad, ive only succeeded in making my blood pressure go up a few notches. 99% of the time, I cant even get the Save window to appear in the game itself and its driving me nuts.

All I want to know, in idiot speak, is just HOW I am supposed to install these different parts of mods and WHERE they belong. I read about imaginary folders and directories I cant find and I just need a clear answer.

Where do hair files belong?

What do I put in the .txt file?

What on earth is a .swf file and how do I make one?

Is loading a girl with the click of a button even a thing? Or do I have to load a zillion files each time?

Sorry for coming off as snippy, its just frustrating when I cant get a clear answer for something undoubtedly simple.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Calypso said:
Where do hair files belong?
What do I put in the .txt file?
What on earth is a .swf file and how do I make one?
Is loading a girl with the click of a button even a thing, or do I have to load a zillion files each time?

Hopefully this will help:
http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=3601.0

1. Character folder.
2. Depends, if it's a code then character folder.
3. SWF files are extensions to SDT in the form of code and/or graphical mods. Made in Adobe Flash Pro.
4. Load a character folder using the mod panel.

Casonig

Potential Patron
ModGuy provided a sound description.

Though if you have a hard time understanding it, look here:

http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=3023.msg37226#msg37226

Calypso

Potential Patron
Call me thick, but Im still at a loss. Ive seen many a post with just a hair file and a line of text provided. I understand the text is the different aspects of the girl's appearance, and the hair is hair (Duh) but where do I put these? I assume I just copypaste the code into a new line in the mods.txt file? Then what? I load the game and she isnt there, and half of the load buttons in the mod tab dont even let me load or save anything. Ive yet to make and new files using the .txt file either.

Casonig

Potential Patron
You are thick. What you ask for, I have explained in the link I have provided (did you even read it?):
In the loader you have the Mods folder. In this folder you have the Mods.txt file, when you create a girl, you create a folder in the mods folder, create a "Code.txt" file with her character code. Put the hair there (in the girl's folder) and rename it to "Hair", pu the background and rename it to "bg".

As for mods, if it's just one, rename it to "mod.swf", if it's more of them, create a "Mods.txt" file and then (after putting the mods in the girl's folder) list them in that file (mod1.swf, mod2.swf and so on, if its a .mod file than use .mod instead of .swf). I think sometimes one of those doesn't work, so try both ways.

Finally edit the "Mods.txt" file (the one in sdt/mods) and write your girl there in the format "Girl's name:Folder name". You can list your girls in whatever order and you choose them on the side menu in the loader (Loader.swf).

Calypso

Potential Patron
Yes, indeed I did, and still nothing anyone says makes sense. Thanks for asking, so now ill just put this in as plain terms as I possibly can.

1) Do girl folders go in the Mods/ folder?

2) Do I make them manually after specifying the folder name in the txt file? Or do they show up once I load the game?

3) Do the girl codes and hair (I could care less out BGs) go in said folder?

Cheers sunshine.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Calypso said:
1) Do girl folders go in the Mods/ folder?

ModGuy said:
Inside the "Mods" folder, we have all of our folders containing distinct mods, referred to as character folders

Calypso said:
2) Do I make them manually after specifying the folder name in the txt file? Or do they show up once I load the game?

ModGuy said:
users are expected to set up new folders for each character they wish to store, and place all the associated files inside.

The "Mods.txt" in this directory is a list of all of our current folders, referred to as "Mods/Mods.txt" or the "Character Folder List".
Any files not named correctly will not be found by the loader and cannot be loaded, be sure to read that guide.

Calypso said:
3) Do the girl codes and hair (I could care less out BGs) go in said folder?

ModGuy said:
Each folder contains files set up as described in the included Saving Guide.

Code:
Within each folder, we store files to be loaded with a character.
The following files are loaded:

Hair.png		Hair File.
BG.png			Background.
Char.lmod		Character package.
Code.txt		Character Code.
Dialogue.txt		Dialogue Script.
Char.swf		An official SWF mod.
Mod.swf			An unofficial SWF mod.
BG.swf			An AS3 SWF file to place in the background.
Position.txt		Custom body position (Generated by Modder.swf).
Recording.txt		Custom mouse movement recording (Generated by Recorder.swf).
Mods.txt		A list of swf mods.
Thumb.png		The thumbnail to display when hovering over a character.
HueData.txt		Stores data for hue shifts on loader mods.
Settings.txt		A per-character version of the global Settings.txt

Mods.txt follows this format:

FILE_NAME.SWF
SOME_OTHER_FILE.MOD
A_random_name.lol

Where each line is a new file, SWF or otherwise.

Anything else unclear?

Calypso

Potential Patron
More or less, but something still isnt right.

As of now, I have my character folder set up in the Mods folder and her name set up in the Mods.txt folder. Her named folder has a code.txt containing her info and a hair.png file. It shows up in the Loader box in game, but nothing happens when i click on her name.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Calypso said:
More or less, but something still isnt right.

As of now, I have my character folder set up in the Mods folder and her name set up in the Mods.txt folder. Her named folder has a code.txt containing her info and a hair.png file. It shows up in the Loader box in game, but nothing happens when i click on her name.

Then ensure that the folder name and the colon separated name within the folder index are identical.

Say your character was "Foo Bar" and your folder name was "Foobar".
Your index would contain:

Code:
Foo Bar:Foobar

If you're still having trouble, shoot me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.