Help needed - Blade & Soul NA/EU costume modding (2 Viewers)

orihone

Potential Patron
Ashllay Ashllay I try flat and blur the texture to reduce square Effect is work slighty but the square persist because packer ever compress the input DDS modified file >_< btw stricq stricq Thx for sharing this fabulos program you are the man :cool:
The program i use to modified DDS is Paint.net and i save the File at A8R8G8B8 high quality DDS so far

terrytmk

Potential Patron
Ashllay Ashllay I try flat and blur the texture to reduce square Effect is work slighty but the square persist because packer ever compress the input DDS modified file >_< btw stricq stricq Thx for sharing this fabulos program you are the man :cool:
The program i use to modified DDS is Paint.net and i save the File at A8R8G8B8 high quality DDS so far

Back at my days in modding oblivion, we were told to use DXT5 compression, dont know if that will help with the squares tho, but I remember not seeing any squares on my oblivion clothings

orihone

Potential Patron
T terrytmk Thx for ur reply! I try DXT5 in Photoshop, Paint.Net and compressonator(you can create cool compressed lossless DXT5) and the Squares persist :/

Original
fyGGAyi.png

Modified
lwX1Yxy.png

Last edited:

stricq

Club Regular
T terrytmk Thx for ur reply! I try DXT5 in Photoshop, Paint.Net and compressonator(you can create cool compressed lossless DXT5) and the Squares persist :/

Original
fyGGAyi.png

Modified
lwX1Yxy.png

I don't know if this will help, but try increasing the size of the texture before you rebuild the package. Your image is 1024x512, try storing it as 2048x1024. I have no idea if this will work or not, but give it a try. My program does set all the necessary properties for the size of the image it is adding to the package.

orihone

Potential Patron
stricq stricq I try it and this is the result:

Better than the other File
I notice the program Create the minimaps right? cuz in the outfit i try modified only have the 1024 view and the new one have 2048 to 8x4
nDG9HvW.png

Thank you!

stricq

Club Regular
stricq stricq I try it and this is the result:

Better than the other File
I notice the program Create the minimaps right? cuz in the outfit i try modified only have the 1024 view and the new one have 2048 to 8x4
nDG9HvW.png

Thank you!

Yes, the program creates all the needed minimaps. You need only create, work with the largest size and the program shrinks it down for all the other sizes.

terrytmk

Potential Patron
you are absolutely right the squares are more noticeable then the original one, I was just trying to add strips to my panty and when i compare screenshot its more noticeable

Ashllay

Casual Client
stricq stricq
why can't extract packed files with umodel?

error log:
Code:
D:\bns\Umodel>(umodel -game=bns -all -export 00015470.upk  )
Found 40 game files (370 skipped)
Loading package: 00015470.upk Ver: 573/1 Engine: 4205 Names: 35 Exports: 5 Impor
ts: 2 Game: 801B
Loading Texture2D 60069_JinF_col1_D from package 00015470.upk
Loading Texture2D 60069_JinF_col1_E from package 00015470.upk
WARNING: ByteProperty "UTexture2D::ManualLoadSwitchSettings" was not found
Loading Texture2D 60069_JinF_col1_M from package 00015470.upk
Loading Texture2D 60069_JinF_col1_N from package 00015470.upk
******** Loading object Texture2D'00015470.60069_JinF_col1_N' ********
*** ERROR: MapTypeName: unknown type '00015470_3'
MapTypeName <- FPropertyTag<< <- CTypeInfo::SerializeProps <- UObject::Serialize
<- UTexture3::Serialize <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- LoadObject:Texture2D'000154
70.60069_JinF_col1_N', pos=16F5E6, ver=573/1, game=801B <- UObject::EndLoad <- L
oadWholePackage:00015470 <- Main:umodel_version=428

MikeT

Potential Patron
If the game client crashes while loading one of the modified files, it leaves that file locked and the process is still running. You can open the Task Manager and kill the GameClient.exe process. This will unlock the file so that UPKManager can rebuild the file.
The game never crashed, Client.exe wasn't in the process list. I'm still getting the error message even after restarting my PC.

terrytmk

Potential Patron
Tried to rebuild 00019908.upk (gon's dark angel) with no luck
it get stuck on col2_s, have tried without modifying and still doesnt work
dont know if it is because col2 doesnt have n map or what, even after I put in a n map still stuck
9Hs0rBH.jpg

stricq

Club Regular
Tried to rebuild 00019908.upk (gon's dark angel) with no luck
it get stuck on col2_s, have tried without modifying and still doesnt work
dont know if it is because col2 doesnt have n map or what, even after I put in a n map still stuck
9Hs0rBH.jpg

You need to get the newest version where that is fixed.

Average Tumblrina

Vivacious Visitor
Not sure what I have done wrong.
I moved a mod file into the directory so i can export the contents.
Then I changed the texture a little bit to remove the tattoo on the back. Save it using DXT5.
Then I rebuild it using the UPK Manager.
The costume shows up in login screen but I will always crash when I actually enter the game world.

terrytmk

Potential Patron
The new patch crashed my rebuilds. dont know if it is bypass related or not since before the update I could use my launcher bypass just fine.

Last edited:

Average Tumblrina

Vivacious Visitor
Not sure what I have done wrong.
I moved a mod file into the directory so i can export the contents.
Then I changed the texture a little bit to remove the tattoo on the back. Save it using DXT5.
Then I rebuild it using the UPK Manager.
The costume shows up in login screen but I will always crash when I actually enter the game world.

Okay, it is weird, I restarted the PC and try again and no problem since.
I haven't tried rebuilding anything new as of treasure trove update

terrytmk

Potential Patron
The new patch crashed my rebuilds. dont know if it is bypass related or not since before the update I could use my launcher bypass just fine.

Ok my bypass is working and seems like when using launcher bypass, my edited texture is working fine. However if I switch to NClauncher, my game will crash with the edit texture, dont know if it is because i save the file as a bigger size than original or not. But seems like the only crashes i have is with costume texture that I saved that is larger than the original size.

Pixelslayer

Potential Patron
So far your program is working great to repack DXT1 and DXT5 formats but there are a few diffuse maps saved in the upk files as A8R8B8G8 format. When repacking those the texture appears mostly invisible and the client crashes almost right away. This happens even if the extracted file is unmodified and just exported and rebuilt right away. I don't know if i'm doing anything wrong but I don't think so. If someone else can try to rebuild one and see if it works that would be great.

EDIT: The rebuilt upk is about half the size of the original, just a guess but maybe the image is getting compressed when the A8R8G8B8 format is not supposed to be compressed at all?

Last edited:

stricq

Club Regular
So far your program is working great to repack DXT1 and DXT5 formats but there are a few diffuse maps saved in the upk files as A8R8B8G8 format. When repacking those the texture appears mostly invisible and the client crashes almost right away. This happens even if the extracted file is unmodified and just exported and rebuilt right away. I don't know if i'm doing anything wrong but I don't think so. If someone else can try to rebuild one and see if it works that would be great.

EDIT: The rebuilt upk is about half the size of the original, just a guess but maybe the image is getting compressed when the A8R8G8B8 format is not supposed to be compressed at all?

I think the image library I use has a problem with that format (and G8.) I will likely open an issue for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.