Help needed - Blade & Soul NA/EU costume modding (2 Viewers)

Showie

Potential Patron
Amazing work so far, will be nice not to have to mess with GG everytime I startup to get uMod working, however getting an error when trying to edit a particular file, every other file you can see on the ss will repack no problem but trying to do the one highlighted below throws out this :-
3oDrhMu.jpg

stricq

Club Regular
Amazing work so far, will be nice not to have to mess with GG everytime I startup to get uMod working, however getting an error when trying to edit a particular file, every other file you can see on the ss will repack no problem but trying to do the one highlighted below throws out this :-
3oDrhMu.jpg

I see the problem. I'll fix that soon.

Ashllay

Casual Client
working pretty fine
mDlIC05.png

stricq stricq
thanks for your hard work bro.
btw you can change mod folder location to "BnS\contents\Local\NCWEST\ENGLISH\CookedPC\mod" to avoid (Ambiguous package name:)?
y7DMo6Q.png

stricq

Club Regular
working pretty fine
thanks for your hard work bro.
btw you can change mod folder location to "BnS\contents\Local\NCWEST\ENGLISH\CookedPC\mod" to avoid (Ambiguous package name:)?
y7DMo6Q.png

Oh, I didn't know putting them there would stop the popups. I'll check that out.

dying swan

Potential Patron
Hello

First of all Ty for the great work you did with this Awesome piece of Software. But i have some Questions. Can this program Repack Skeletal meshes too? If no, will you add support for this later?

Edit: Got some Errors
nirDjGb.png

In English the error means something like "the Sequence contains some identical elements" and apears every time i click on a upk.

I guess the reason is in my ...\BnS\contents\Local\NCWEST directory is a english and a german directory what contains identical ukp files.

Last edited:

Showie

Potential Patron
This is fixed. You can get the new file at the link I provided above.
The file will now repack and shows ok on the character selection screen, but once I enter game a few seconds after loading screen finishes I get a crash to desktop.

I made a whole bunch of test files (same file as in the screenshot above where I reported the initial problem), Fur_Tape1_D being repacked on it's own now worked no crash, being repacked with either col2_M or col2_N individually no crash, all 3 together - crash, with any combination of the 2_d / 2_s files crashes, the 4 col2 files in any combination without Tape1 no crash.

No-no, it's a normal, if you do not change the original files, it is always popups appears.
This is incorrect, if the mod folder is within the localized cookedpc then no prompt on startup, you can even put subfolders within the mod folder there to easier separate mods and they will all work fine with no prompt on startup.

Personally if possible I'd prefer an option to select where to save the files, when I am working on a costume I like to have everything localized in a folder away from the game itself and then just move in and out the files I want to.

Last edited:

terrytmk

Potential Patron
The only reason there is pop up when you launch the game is because english/cookedpc folder has another item with the same name. For example the english voice over, since the english/cookedpc folder is for localization, those jp voice will conflict with the english voice, you have to either overwrite them, which the launcher will download the english VO again or you use launcher bypass to ignore the file checks, otherwise you will have to deal with the pop ups.

The BNS/cookedpc folder is for the general kinda stuff like clothings what not, so basically like the whole game without localization. However stuff in english/cookedpc will always have priority over bns/cookedpc so, never replace anything in the BNS directory, since 1, BNS directory has millions of files; 2, identical file names in english/cookedpc will render your edition in bns directory useless.

on a side note, can you add a search function in the upk tool? I have another tool that help me found the upks i need to edit stuff but the amount of files to navigate seems to be a hassle

Last edited:
G

gothic2

Impressive work!

Suggestions about interface:
I'd love to have a fully expanded Object Tree as soon as I click on a upk, or some texture preview.
As for later development stages, expanded file filters (or search) would be nice as well as a 'select all' checkbox.

Oh and a bug report:
The program does not create the mod folder if it doesn't exist. (Even as administrator)

Ashllay

Casual Client
stricq stricq
with some mod upk's (not sure maybe smaller ones 4 dds files) client crash maybe something incompatible/different in compression settings i have tested many export settings on dds images and always have ugly squares in-game.
173nOdX.png

MikeT MikeT
just crete a mod folder inside CookedPC folder.

stricq

Club Regular
Getting this error now when I try to rebuild:
FObGGhO.png

If the game client crashes while loading one of the modified files, it leaves that file locked and the process is still running. You can open the Task Manager and kill the GameClient.exe process. This will unlock the file so that UPKManager can rebuild the file.

stricq

Club Regular
Impressive work!

Suggestions about interface:
I'd love to have a fully expanded Object Tree as soon as I click on a upk, or some texture preview.
As for later development stages, expanded file filters (or search) would be nice as well as a 'select all' checkbox.

Oh and a bug report:
The program does not create the mod folder if it doesn't exist. (Even as administrator)

I will create a place to store program improvement suggestions soon.

I have that bug fixed now and it will be included with the next update. Thanks for the report.

stricq

Club Regular
Hello

First of all Ty for the great work you did with this Awesome piece of Software. But i have some Questions. Can this program Repack Skeletal meshes too? If no, will you add support for this later?

Edit: Got some Errors
nirDjGb.png

In English the error means something like "the Sequence contains some identical elements" and apears every time i click on a upk.

I guess the reason is in my ...\BnS\contents\Local\NCWEST directory is a english and a german directory what contains identical ukp files.

Interesting. I'll need to look into this.

orihone

Potential Patron
stricq stricq
with some mod upk's (not sure maybe smaller ones 4 dds files) client crash maybe something incompatible/different in compression settings i have tested many export settings on dds images and always have ugly squares in-game.
173nOdX.png

MikeT MikeT
just crete a mod folder inside CookedPC folder.

yeah that the disadvantage of DDS format files, i dont know if is possible export the textures in TGA and reimport them in the same format?
In the chinese forum "sippey" suggest in him guide send a TGA modified file for repacking new upk.
ill try repack a UPK with TGA modified file(create with extractor chinese tool) and sadly game crash.

dying swan

Potential Patron
Interesting. I'll need to look into this.
I managed to get past this error by reload game files several times and modded a texture but with the modded file the game start to run very instable and crashing alot, sometimes right aways on start and some times ~5-10 min later.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.