Help needed - Blade & Soul NA/EU costume modding (1 Viewer)

dying swan

Potential Patron
Finally found a solution for my crash problem \o/
Looks like the problem was the texture Streaming. After i disabled it with BnSArk the problem was gone.

You can't do it now, but I might change the program to always store in DXT5 or at least allow an option to override what is in the original file. That might work as well.
Pls don't (or at last give us a option to choose)! Current i use for all my moded textures A8R8G8B8 or R8G8B8 and it works fine.

terrytmk

Potential Patron
Finally found a solution for my crash problem \o/
Looks like the problem was the texture Streaming. After i disabled it with BnSArk the problem was gone.

Pls don't (or at last give us a option to choose)! Current i use for all my moded textures A8R8G8B8 or R8G8B8 and it works fine.
So that's why when I use BnSArk, my game dont crash with some costume texture I made.
I still hope we could find a way to stop that crash once and for all.

terrytmk

Potential Patron
Dont know if its compression related or not, but if you were to export a texture upk file, and rebuild with those 4 textures, you could see noticeable differences in the color of the clothing in game.
But if you only check the _D map when rebuilding, the color different seems to be less, maybe there is a discrepancy on export or importing I hope this could help improve the program with the correct color

fahmi

Potential Patron
error1.JPG
how to fix this?

lolilove

Vivacious Visitor
So I got distracted with other stuff, but now I come back here and was going to DL's stricq's program, but I can't access any of the websites that stricq has posted here, either the direct DL, the forums site he has or the DL page.
Basically, it just take about 2 minute try to load the sites, but then fails, with time out error msg (in chrome).
I don't have any other issues with any other internet site.
Anyone else having this problem?

stricq

Club Regular
So I got distracted with other stuff, but now I come back here and was going to DL's stricq's program, but I can't access any of the websites that stricq has posted here, either the direct DL, the forums site he has or the DL page.
Basically, it just take about 2 minute try to load the sites, but then fails, with time out error msg (in chrome).
I don't have any other issues with any other internet site.
Anyone else having this problem?

I have been moving, and the server was offline for about 24 hours. The server is back up and running now. Please try again.

lolilove

Vivacious Visitor
So, I tried playing around with the program, but the timing is bad because I was already having a bad day and just getting frustrated, so I will have to try later.

But, I was wondering, maybe it won't be so hard to do what I want, if it is possible.

Is it possible to use the texture edits that Naduron made for umod use and pack them into .upks for the upk manager as they are?
From what I gather, they certainly (at least in dimensions [pixel x pixel] sense) are different, but I just want to know if it is possible some how before I wrestle with this more later.

stricq

Club Regular
So, I tried playing around with the program, but the timing is bad because I was already having a bad day and just getting frustrated, so I will have to try later.

But, I was wondering, maybe it won't be so hard to do what I want, if it is possible.

Is it possible to use the texture edits that Naduron made for umod use and pack them into .upks for the upk manager as they are?
From what I gather, they certainly (at least in dimensions [pixel x pixel] sense) are different, but I just want to know if it is possible some how before I wrestle with this more later.

They have to be in DDS format, preferably in DXT5.

Deyhao

Potential Patron
So far your program is working great to repack DXT1 and DXT5 formats but there are a few diffuse maps saved in the upk files as A8R8B8G8 format. When repacking those the texture appears mostly invisible and the client crashes almost right away. This happens even if the extracted file is unmodified and just exported and rebuilt right away. I don't know if i'm doing anything wrong but I don't think so. If someone else can try to rebuild one and see if it works that would be great.

EDIT: The rebuilt upk is about half the size of the original, just a guess but maybe the image is getting compressed when the A8R8G8B8 format is not supposed to be compressed at all?
I have the exact same problem with a A8R8B8G8 textures.

It is just fine in the Texture View tab, but when I repack it, the texture is broken. I even tried to repack in the default texture I first extracted, and it's also broken. And lastly, as suggested; I also tried to repack the texture in a DXT5 format, and... nope.

For the records, I've been working with the 00021113.upk package.

Thanks for the hard work.

stricq

Club Regular
I have the exact same problem with a A8R8B8G8 textures.

It is just fine in the Texture View tab, but when I repack it, the texture is broken. I even tried to repack in the default texture I first extracted, and it's also broken. And lastly, as suggested; I also tried to repack the texture in a DXT5 format, and... nope.

For the records, I've been working with the 00021113.upk package.

Thanks for the hard work.

Don't select the checkbox next to textures you did not modify. They will be taken from the original upk and repackaged into the modified upk file with no changes at all.

Deyhao

Potential Patron
Yes, but my point was that even repacking a default texture I first extracted gives me a broken texture, since I was wondering if I was editing textures properly and saving them in the proper format (I'm new to modding).

This is how it looks like in the original package :
Gyazo - d8e9cf0629d6d92d7115dedd133b9dea.png

This is how it looks like when I extract it and preview it from my "export" folder :
Gyazo - 519184a4e9bfff8c1473e5d50a1d198e.png

And this is how it looks like when I repack it from the export folder :
Gyazo - 844e61d7b7d8540c3c6fedcfced081d5.png
(In-game it makes my character almost invisible, except the head)

It only does that with this texture which is in "PF_A8R8G8B8" format, I tried some other files in this same package and it did work properly.

Thanks for your time.

Pixelslayer

Potential Patron
Just a heads up, i found a bug with the program when rebuilding textures. Not sure if this is already something that is already being fixed but im going to post this anyway just in case. So when rebuilding a texture we can select the files (diffuse, normal, specular, mask, emissive) that will be rebuilt into the new upk and the rest will be copied directly over. However if the specular map is not selected for rebuild regardless if it has been modified or not it will be rebuilt without the largest mipmap. This has happened to every file i have rebuilt but if i select it when i do the rebuild the file is built correctly and there is no random crashing in game. So far i have only seen this happen with specular maps and no other types seem to have this problem. Not sure why only one type of map is affected but i thought i would bring it up just in case anyone is having this problem as well.

stricq

Club Regular
Just a heads up, i found a bug with the program when rebuilding textures. Not sure if this is already something that is already being fixed but im going to post this anyway just in case. So when rebuilding a texture we can select the files (diffuse, normal, specular, mask, emissive) that will be rebuilt into the new upk and the rest will be copied directly over. However if the specular map is not selected for rebuild regardless if it has been modified or not it will be rebuilt without the largest mipmap. This has happened to every file i have rebuilt but if i select it when i do the rebuild the file is built correctly and there is no random crashing in game. So far i have only seen this happen with specular maps and no other types seem to have this problem. Not sure why only one type of map is affected but i thought i would bring it up just in case anyone is having this problem as well.

Ok, I will look into that. I'm also working on a possible fix for other texture problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.