Help needed - Blade & Soul NA/EU costume modding (1 Viewer)

Jedimaster711

Potential Patron
UPK Manager v1.4 has now been released:

Download at UPK Manager

Support Forums at STR Programming Services

just downloaded v1.4 and getting this error when I click on a texture file, also, I am running as an administrator
upload_2016-8-21_22-15-56.png

P.S. I feel like I might've had this error on the previous version but I forget how I resolved it

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-21_22-16-8.png
    upload_2016-8-21_22-16-8.png
    234.5 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

stricq

Club Regular
just downloaded v1.4 and getting this error when I click on a texture file, also, I am running as an administrator
View attachment 57127

P.S. I feel like I might've had this error on the previous version but I forget how I resolved it

Now has a dependency on the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. Sorry about that. I will remove it for the next release.

Shinshila

Potential Patron
Russian client does not contain a file "VersionInfo_BnS.ini" or similar. It is possible to run program on this client ?

stricq

Club Regular
Russian client does not contain a file "VersionInfo_BnS.ini" or similar. It is possible to run program on this client ?

Look for a hidden file that ends with .ini and contains a line that looks like this:

GlobalVersion=45

The number may be different. If you can find a file like that, let me know what the filename is.

Jedimaster711

Potential Patron
Now has a dependency on the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. Sorry about that. I will remove it for the next release.

figured out I had the x86 version, but the x64 version was needed instead, now that error is resolved. unfortunately I am still running into the error of "Rebuild" not splicing the mods back into the game. I can confirm I did run as administrator, and no folders were created in the cookedpc game directory.
Am I doing everything correctly?

upload_2016-8-22_18-9-36.png
upload_2016-8-22_18-11-31.png

stricq

Club Regular
figured out I had the x86 version, but the x64 version was needed instead, now that error is resolved. unfortunately I am still running into the error of "Rebuild" not splicing the mods back into the game. I can confirm I did run as administrator, and no folders were created in the cookedpc game directory.
Am I doing everything correctly?

View attachment 57157View attachment 57158

1. Do you see any progress bar running on the bottom status bar after selecting the Rebuild menu item?
2. Try changing the Export directory so that no other files or directories show up on the rebuild tab except for actual export files from the game.

Jedimaster711

Potential Patron
1. Do you see any progress bar running on the bottom status bar after selecting the Rebuild menu item?
2. Try changing the Export directory so that no other files or directories show up on the rebuild tab except for actual export files from the game.
got it fixed, I ended up deleting the prior exports and then when I exported again it created a new bns/CookedPC directory within that it appears to like

Shinshila

Potential Patron
Look for a hidden file that ends with .ini and contains a line that looks like this:

GlobalVersion=45

The number may be different. If you can find a file like that, let me know what the filename is.

this file does not exist, I try take this file from EU client and put them in my client, but UPK manager say "The VersionInfo_BnS.ini file could not be found. Please ensure your settings are pointed to the 'contents' directory."

stricq

Club Regular
this file does not exist, I try take this file from EU client and put them in my client, but UPK manager say "The VersionInfo_BnS.ini file could not be found. Please ensure your settings are pointed to the 'contents' directory."

Thanks for looking. Can you send me the Russian game installer?

cepex

Potential Patron
mXG2FJu.jpg

Upk manager by Stricq is the best for now to mod BNS. Sadly after many mod, i got problem,dunno what happen...

stricq

Club Regular
mXG2FJu.jpg

Upk manager by Stricq is the best for now to mod BNS. Sadly after many mod, i got problem,dunno what happen...

That is weird. It looks like one of the DLLs is no longer able to be found. You should try to install it again and do a repair or uninstall and reinstall.

cepex

Potential Patron
try reinstall many time...and still the same. Sadly, i just found my joy to mod BNS with ur UPK manager. Plz fix it master STricq

stricq

Club Regular
try reinstall many time...and still the same. Sadly, i just found my joy to mod BNS with ur UPK manager. Plz fix it master STricq

Try deleting this file:

C:\Users\<your windows username>\AppData\Local\STR Programming Services\UPK Manager\Settings.json

stricq

Club Regular
There is a new version of UPK Manager. The only change for this version is the DXT compression library has been ported to C# from C++. This removes the dependency on the Visual C++ Redistributable package.

stricq

Club Regular

This will be fixed in the next release.

FoxxyTail

Potential Patron
What are the correct settings for DXT5, I keep on getting
Untitled_1.jpg

here are the settings for the dds plugin through photoshop

Untitled_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.