Help needed - Blade & Soul NA/EU costume modding (2 Viewers)

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
What are the correct settings for DXT5, I keep on getting
Untitled_1.jpg

here are the settings for the dds plugin through photoshop

Untitled_1.jpg
If you're referring to the darker shades that appear under parts of a costume you've edited, this is actually "normal".
Look again at the texture file and you can actually see the darker parts are drawn on there, though I can offer you no logical reason as to why the developers have chosen to shade parts that would normally be covered.
You can do a certain amount to clean them up. For example where the exposed skin is darker, simply copy and paste skin colour from another part where the skin has not been darkened.
I know it's never that simple, because when you look closely there are still different skin tones present, but with some patience it's possible to colour over the darker parts convincingly.
The same idea can be applied to the stockings or other parts of the costume, though it's going to be a pain to match up the pattern on them.

stricq

Club Regular
Version 1.4.2 has been released.

• Now uses a different version file if the normal version file cannot be found.
  • If there is more than one version of game file, now uses the first file rather than crashing.
  • The File Listing can now be filtered on filename, version, and notes. Regular Expressions are allowed.
UPK Manager

J

Josh Mayer

Really cool program! It took me hours until I finally have the program run with no issue. And I finally able to load dds files to photoshop. Editing colors doesn't seem to be a problem to me as I can just make a selection to do some changes in PS. What I can't figure out is how do you remove some parts of the outfit? I haven't done any kind of texture editing before. If I want to remove some part of the outfit, could it be done solely in Photoshop? I have attached 3 texture files of the same outfit. Please enlighten and guide me on how to remove some parts of the outfit. Which file do I have to edit and how?

PS. If it's hard to explain I would greatly appreciate a link to a tutorial as I have no luck searching on google so far. :(

4ZOtxQw.jpg

YokitoToyama

Potential Patron
So I learned how to export the texture, edit it, save it, BUT HOW DO I IMPORT IT BACK IN? , PLS HELP, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.