Help for players, rather than coders / writers? (1 Viewer)

dusualo

Potential Patron
I'm not finding a lot of good info on how to "play" SDT with the mods here.
Don't get me wrong; what is here is very detailed and helpful, but seems more oriented towards those adding stuff or writing their own dialogues.

I'm just looking for assistance getting dialogues to work. Some "work" in the sense that the dialogue text is shown, but say a dialogue would remove an article of clothing, and nothing.

I also have a lot of questions on various stuff within the loader once you have it all loaded up. Like, if I launch SBY's loader, I see all sorts of new options. Under clothing on the menu in game, there seem to be a bunch of fixes or changes - but do I have to click to load each? Or is it already loaded with SBY's loader?

Does SBY's loader support many / most of the dialogues? Some indicate they user their own; but again, when I load the dialogue, it just seems some things advertised don't actually occur. Which is most likely because I'm doing things wrong :D

Any help for a new player is appreciated. Still digging around to see if I can figure it out on my own.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I'm not finding a lot of good info on how to "play" SDT with the mods here.
Getting Started with SDT
Newbie Guide

Under clothing on the menu in game, there seem to be a bunch of fixes or changes - but do I have to click to load each?
That's a time-saving feature. It allows you to load the entire costume associated with one of the preset characters (or one of your own custom characters) without loading that character's body (breast size, skin tone, hairstyle, etc).

It does not contain any bugfixes. You don't need to use it at all.

Does SBY's loader support many / most of the dialogues?
It does not include the dialogueActions mod. If you intend to run advanced dialogues then you should either:

dusualo

Potential Patron
Thanks! It's a start at least :)

I got WeeWillie's working, easy enough. Will have to tinker with dialogueActions.

To be sure; I can install SBY's bundle, then install that into SBY loader folders?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.