Because searching for .mod is not helping. Can someone give me a rundwon on the .mod file? (1 Viewer)

Super18

Casual Client
I was looking around and found huitznahua's asset collection: https://www.undertow.club/downloads/authors/huitznahua.5613/?page=4. I'm really interested in various of his assets, but about half of them are a .mod file. Now I think this is from days past and wondered about any limitations with support for dialogues etc. As well as the ability to do a conversion to .swf in case desirable.

I'd love to hear the rundown since the seach for '.mod file' isn't really helping for obvious reasons :P

Thanks in advance for explaining!

Edit: Ok. It seems it just works [Todd Howard here].. but I'm still curious about the limitations if any.
Entry in moreclothes seems to work, but I feel like .mod was designed to integrate into the loader. Yet I can't load it from the loader itself?

Edit: So I tried listing multiple .mod files (mostly the bra's of huitznahua) and found that there may be performance issues with .mod files. Also a clear sign something isn't right is that the first bra loaded seems to have the straps allign right. But if you look at bra's loaded after the strap doesn't allign! I tested it with a few bra's and it seems that only the first .mod file seems to be loaded correctly alligned. Seeing this, I've decided not to use them.

Last edited:

RokPhenix

Content Creator
Mod files it's just a slap in the face users for said "Hey ! you need the loader for use me".
As you said, it's a historical choice modders take and obsolete because current modders seem to didn't use it.
For converting these files just change their extension by swf.

For the issue with the straps, the reason is not the extension, but some package that some files use.
It's the DHE package which is a powerful tool.
DHE allows to make dynamic strands where is commonly impossible like a bikini strap.

Huitznahua is one modder who learn to use this technology and use it and some ressources.

The issue is when you load several times the same file which use DHE, the DHE strands for the 2nd file is fuck.
I notice this issue but I can't answers you the reason.
Because only few peoples who be count to one hand had taken the time to dig in this tool there.
I guess it's because the DHE strand can't be set several times at the same point ? (take this with salt)
Maybe Huitznahua bikini use the same strap ?

Unfortunatly, stuntcock who made DHE is inactive since 2018.
We will not see an uptade version with a fix.

Generaly, modders warning people if their mods use DHE in their ressource pages.
DHE is tag on ressource with :
dhe
dynamichairextender
extended dynamics
extended physics

Maybe some variant exist.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.