[Guild Wars 2] A possible new way to mod Guild Wars 2 that is quite promising. (1 Viewer)

Daedalus

Content Creator
So ModelMod does work for me with the -32 bit option. Confusingly, I had to target the gw2.exe launcher, (not Gw2-64.exe). I also had to start as Administrator. I'm using version ModelMod-1.0.0.13, with the latest patched GW2 client, and was able to follow his tutorial with it. I've confirmed I'm able to remove parts of the meshes and edit textures, but being able to repair the holes in the base layers of the meshes is currently beyond me. Still it seems quite promising if you have the tool expertise and can get the hooks to work.
How exactly did you get it to work with that 32 bit thingy? I tried it on my end but no dice.

flanneldude

Potential Patron
- Make sure to run as administrator
- Set 'exe path' to <drive>\Guild Wars2\gw2.exe
-Under Game Profile set Command line arguments to: -32
-Launch game with MM, patch it, run it
-Once in the game use CRTL+F6 to clear texture buffer
-Use CRTL+F3 to cycle until your character is green/selected
-Use CRTL+F7 to dump the model/texture snapshot
There's a couple more steps you can follow in MM to install the Blender scripts, at this point it let's me import and export to and from Blender.

I did see a comment on MM github about him fixing an issue with the -32 flag not running. Maybe he's updated it since folks here tried it originally?

I've got a couple exported meshes and texture sets in my current project here, the base 'nude' model with holes in it, and one with full armor. (2 separate snapshots and imports).

Attachments

• gw2_blender.PNG
    gw2_blender.PNG
    586.2 KB · Views: 414

Daedalus

Content Creator
I managed to get my character green and snapshotted. Now some pointers for Blender 'cause I've never used it. (And for some reason it won't import the snapshot :confused:)

*EDIT* Managed to get the armor imported; progressing slowly but surely :P

*EDIT 2* I don't know for the life of me where to begin. For starters, I'd like to start with something simple e.g. making her boobs bigger. This Blender prog is pretty overwhelming. A tutorial would be nice (not some YouTube video)

Last edited:

Daedalus

Content Creator
The Daydreamer's Finery outfit has a full body but cuts off at the knees. No holes there.

blender01.png

Also, the -32 command line works, folks.

Vergil

Content Creator
I get the dll infection error as always. No matter what I setup in the options of ModelMod.
Okay so how did you get the gw.exe? I only have the Gw2-64.exe. Do you have a 32bit OS?

Daedalus

Content Creator
I run Win10 64bit. I have Gw2.exe, but not sure how I got it. Could've been there from the get-go.

Vergil

Content Creator
AAAAHHHHHH guuuuuyyys! It works! Wohoooooooo!
So the solution to the 64 bit problem is:
Download the 32bit version of the client on the developers website. Rename the downloaded Gw2Setup.exe to Gw2.exe and put it into your root GW2 directory. Then start the Gw2.exe it will do some small downloads and you're good to go with Modelmod! :)

Daedalus

Content Creator
AAAAHHHHHH guuuuuyyys! It works! Wohoooooooo!
So the solution to the 64 bit problem is:
Download the 32bit version of the client on the developers website. Rename the downloaded Gw2Setup.exe to Gw2.exe and put it into your root GW2 directory. Then start the Gw2.exe it will do some small downloads and you're good to go with Modelmod! :)
Now that you mention it: I did something like that in the past due to some issues I had with GW. Good thing I left it as-is :cool:.
Well then, see what you can do :wink:

Vergil

Content Creator
I can't get the modified texture to be used in the game. I don't know how or if this works with ModelMod. This topic is not covered anywhere. Maybe you have more luck? I don't want to use another modding tool at the same time. :)

Daedalus

Content Creator
I have tried tweaking some snapshots and exporting them but gave up on that due to ModelMod stating something like "invalid filename".

Vergil

Content Creator
I've never experienced that error message.
It would be cool to find another programmer that will continue the work on ModelMod.

Daedalus

Content Creator
Some progress: managed to go topless
topless.jpg

How I did it:
-When you've taken a snapshot, click create mod in MM then select the mmobj that has the armor.
-Go to blender, import created mod and delete the necessary vertices
-Profit

Daedalus

Content Creator
Maybe edit the dds file directly? There's a dds file in the mod folder when you've created one. I've tried editing it in gimp, but no dice yet mainly because I've no idea what is used to encode said dds.

Vergil

Content Creator
I've also tried to edit that dds. No change in the game though.
Yes, maybe it's the wrong encoder. There is also that intel one. Maybe that will work? Can you try it pls? I'm not at home right now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.