Flash performance tip (1 Viewer)

v100

Potential Patron
I just discovered this and I'm surprised this wasn't brought up in other performance related thread but if you want to play in fullscreen or at a reasonable window size, you can get a pretty big fps gain by lowering your desktop resolution. Just by lowering it to 720p (I have a 900p screen) I went from 15 to 20 fps on average and this was enough to go from unplayable in fullscreen to playable while still having a pretty good image quality (you probably shouldn't go below 720p, medium quality though). For those of you who have higher res monitors this should give you massive performance boost in fullscreen and the quality trade off is worth it IMO especially if you can't even reach 20 fps. It's also much better than using low quality.

I can't believe I didn't consider something as simple as lowering the resolution like you would do on any proper video game. Since there is no resolution option on flash it's certainly not as obvious as it should be.

Last edited:

Deltavoid

Content Creator
few extra SDT tips (results may vary):
  • Use Strandlimit
    • Highly recommended. I load it by default.
  • Disable strand shaders
    • This one surprisingly helps me a lot with no other compromises
  • Set Quality to Medium
    • Does not look too bad IMO and helps a lot
if those are not enough (I know these have been said before):
  • Disable one or more of the following:
    • Spit
    • Sweat
    • Tears
    • Nostril Spray
    • Smudging
  • Set Quality to Low

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.