Blade & Soul Slider Mod/Tool (Working again) (1 Viewer)

tinker

Casual Client
Since many people have issues with bnsdat, would anyone be interested in a program that allows you to modify the values while the game is running? I have a quick prototype that seems to be working, but I'm not sure I'm going to flesh it out unless people are interested.
It also makes adjusting values much faster.

JustGuy

Casual Client
Since many people have issues with bnsdat, would anyone be interested in a program that allows you to modify the values while the game is running? I have a quick prototype that seems to be working, but I'm not sure I'm going to flesh it out unless people are interested.
Something among the lines of the xTera tool would be great indeed. Definitely interested.

mxjzm

Casual Client
A program to modify .xml or memory values?
Something among the lines of the xTera tool would be great indeed. Definitely interested.
xTera developer here.
The .xml would be very easy to program, xTera is way more complex and i'm not sure if it worth the time to adapt to B&S since we already have something easier.

Persocom

Potential Patron

Yes can you please create a tool to extended the ( Maximum ) ( Minimum ) values of the ( Head ) ( Body ) sliders in the character creation.
It would mean so much to me, I started this method around 2 AM in the morning today .. It's now 11:51 AM almost 12 PM and for some odd reason..

My computer won't let me create a xml file... the cmd process is successfull so does my input everything according to this tutorial : [Guide] Blade & Soul: Increased Sliders & xml.dat modding | Undertow

tinker or anyone in here - Please if I may request to you from someone who hasnt sleep today ~__~ can you kindly provide me a

- 22 - Head Size : minimum ( -4.00 )
- 13 - Arm Width - maximum ( 4.00 )

XML File it would mean so so much to me.

Vallil

Swell Supporter
Yes can you please create a tool to extended the ( Maximum ) ( Minimum ) values of the ( Head ) ( Body ) sliders in the character creation.
It would mean so much to me, I started this method around 2 AM in the morning today .. It's now 11:51 AM almost 12 PM and for some odd reason..

My computer won't let me create a xml file... the cmd process is successfull so does my input everything according to this tutorial : [Guide] Blade & Soul: Increased Sliders & xml.dat modding | Undertow

tinker or anyone in here - Please if I may request to you from someone who hasnt sleep today ~__~ can you kindly provide me a

- 22 - Head Size : minimum ( -4.00 )
- 13 - Arm Width - maximum ( 4.00 )

XML File it would mean so so much to me.
did you move the .xml outside your B&S folder? it won't let you modify (create decompiled files of xml) there so you must copy/move it to another folder, try using the same folder the tool comes in and use it's respective folder instead of bns one (must be the folder the xml file is in)

Persocom

Potential Patron
Trust with this one ok . 10 hrs I did all the methods its just not working . can someone just give me the xml for the head # 22 and shoulder witdh 13 thank you.

Persocom

Potential Patron
did you move the .xml outside your B&S folder? it won't let you modify (create decompiled files of xml) there so you must copy/move it to another folder, try using the same folder the tool comes in and use it's respective folder instead of bns one (must be the folder the xml file is in)

Yes I did 10 times never works always give me the bnsdat has stopped from working. /// in the cmd it says ERROR.

sowutbruh

Potential Patron
apparently xml.dat has been updated on eu... i have been using the method when i wait the game to do its thing, and right when the blade and soul logo appears i move the xml.dat file (the way u need to do every time u launch).. it has worked for few days, and now apparently update hit, and when i try to do the same, it tells me to repair on reinstall client as soon as game launches (but only if i copy the file).. can anyone post updated xml.dat so it works as updated version as well?

JustGuy

Casual Client
apparently xml.dat has been updated on eu... i have been using the method when i wait the game to do its thing, and right when the blade and soul logo appears i move the xml.dat file (the way u need to do every time u launch).. it has worked for few days, and now apparently update hit, and when i try to do the same, it tells me to repair on reinstall client as soon as game launches (but only if i copy the file).. can anyone post updated xml.dat so it works as updated version as well?

Notes & Tips
The composition of xml.dat may change after a patch or update. If it did you'll notice it pretty soon as you'll get glitches like dislocated text strings and/or other oddities. If this happens see a few posts down (here) for a simple fix.

It is also possible that the move-replace method doesn't work anymore. If that is the case try launching the game via a .bat or through Steam as outlined in the first post.

sowutbruh

Potential Patron
for some reason i didnt get it to work trough steam, and it was too confusing for me to make a bat file :/

Average Tumblrina

Vivacious Visitor
Wow surprising to see so many people having problems.
The main thing is:
1. you need to make sure the xml.dat is not read only
2. run cmd.exe with admin priviledge
3. use steam to bypass the nclauncher

I have the game installed in D driver, the whole path to the xml.dat looks like this D:\NCSOFT\BnS\contents\Local\NCWEST\data
I recompile the xml.dat and then drag it to save it in another location
here is a rundown on what to type in cmd.exe
you can probably do it with less step, but this is what i did. i am not very smart with computers.

d:
cd D:\NCSOFT\BnS\contents\Local\NCWEST\data\
bnsdat.exe -x xml.dat
bnsdat.exe -c xml.dat.files

Ushi

Potential Patron
I did everything but its telling me Invalid Game Client File. Please update game client or reinstall.

JustGuy

Casual Client
I did everything but its telling me Invalid Game Client File. Please update game client or reinstall.
Seems the latest patch/update broke xml.dat again. I'll take down the download link. Changed the first post.

One idea is to wait for the tool me and tinker are testing out now. It allows you to edit the min/max values while in-game by just changing the "1" or "-1" to "3" or "-3" (etc.) in a text box and then swapping your costume to have your toon's model update with the changes. It's really fast and convenient. You'll only need to run the thing everytime you load the game, but since presets can be saved/loaded and editing is literally enter, new value, click that shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

tinker

Casual Client
Are you sure it only works when set to min/max by the way? Try setting it to something obvious and moving the scale up and down. It should work fine for all intermediate values.

Ushi

Potential Patron
Seems the latest patch/update broke xml.dat again. I'll take down the download link. Changed the first post.

One idea is to wait for the tool me and tinker are testing out now. It allows you to edit the min/max values while in-game by just changing the "1" or "-1" to "3" or "-3" (etc.) in a text box and then swapping your costume to have your toon's model update with the changes. It's really fast and convenient. You'll only need to run the thing everytime you load the game, but since presets can be saved/loaded and editing is literally enter, new value, click that shouldn't be a problem.
Would it be possible to get this working for butt size as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.