Blade & Soul Slider Mod/Tool (Working again) (2 Viewers)

JustGuy

Casual Client
I made a account just to ask. Will there ever be this options for lyns?
The game doesn't have a slider for it, and from what I gathered it's not supported either. There is this I found, but it only seems possible for two costumes and only temporary, much like the Yulia and Poharan outfits which also come with their own 'size' which can't be altered. So short answer: no, or only through specific or manually edited costume meshes that 'overwrite' the main body.

kindwick

Avid Affiliate
xml.dat's are not working with the most recent patch for NA/EU clients...can you guys please upload new versions? Thanks!

tinker

Casual Client
Since it seems to be working for most of the people that have tried it, here's a link to an alpha version of the tool I've been working on:
MEGA

The program is an alternative to xml.dat for modifying slider limits. Rather than changing min/max values in xml.dat before the game loads, it modifies them in memory while the game is running.

Keep in mind that it edits the exact same values as xml.dat. It does not change the size of the corresponding body part, it simply edits the minimum and maximum limits. If your character has a slider set to 0, editing min/max won't do anything.

Reasons to use this over xml.dat:
-Editting slider limits is faster and doesn't require restarting the game and repacking xml.dat each time
-You can deal with different outfit scalings by modifying values when you change costume
-You can use the normal B&S launcher. No need for steam/.bat/alternative launch method.
-Higher chance of working across patches.

Downsides:
-You have to open the tool each time you play B&S.

Usage:
-Run as admin
-Have it open along with B&S. If you open B&S first, it should detect the process automatically. If it doesn't or you start the tool first, hit refresh to detect it.
-Select the race+gender to modify.
-Edit the values you want.
-Make the game reload that portion of your body to see the change. You can change equipment, move the corresponding slider in character creation, go to character select and back, etc.
-If you want to restart B&S, you can simply restart the game and hit refresh to detect the process again. It should update B&S with whatever values were set.
-You can save/load profiles via the file menu to skip changing values each time you run the program. -For now, if you want to load a profile automatically, go to config.xml and set <DefaultProfile> to whichever file you want it to load. I'll be adding a setting for it later.

Known issues:
-This won't work along with a modified xml.dat that has the first body record editted.
-I'm not sure it's scanning a large enough memory range. If it doesn't detect the process but B&S is open, try restarting the game.
-There may be issues using decimals for regions that use comma(,) instead of period(.). Expected behavior is for periods to work as decimals, and commas to be ignored. So 3.5=3.5 while 3,5=35. Need more info on this.

If you run into any problems/bugs, or just have suggestions let me know!

Last edited:

Ushi

Potential Patron
Works great! Just can everyone see my new body or only me? I mean i dont want people to notice the slight clipping and get suspicious

Ushi

Potential Patron
Just putting this out there, expanding your breasts past 1 breaks the top of bandit queen for gon females, it just looks terrible. Not sure if that can be fixed at all or anything. Some other outfits have minor clipping but thats to be expected.

JustGuy

Casual Client
Since it seems to be working for most of the people that have tried it, here's a link to an alpha version of the tool I've been working on:
MEGA
Good to see this posted. Thanks for implementing the suggested changes, the overview is a lot better with the new tabs.

Just putting this out there, expanding your breasts past 1 breaks the top of bandit queen for gon females, it just looks terrible. Not sure if that can be fixed at all or anything. Some other outfits have minor clipping but thats to be expected.
This probably can't be fixed. Some outfits simply scale better than others. Keep in mind that all outfits were designed with a max chest size of 20 (1.00) in mind. It also depends on the race you are playing, as e.g. Jin looks better at higher values as compared to Gon/Yun.

Huniken

Potential Patron
Hey guys I'm posting here to say thank you so much for the tool! It works brilliantly, almost brings me back to old skyrim modding days, shooting now for that body type I liked the most, it is called ZGGBR-Z body type!

tinker

Casual Client
Of course the new update broke it. To fix it, open config.xml and change BaseAddress to 0x01FD4318 and it should work.
Or: MEGA

To avoid a patch breaking it again it looks like I'll have to put in an option to scan the full address range if it doesn't find it.

Last edited:
D

Darkslayers

sorry for my stupid but i using Taiwan client, so how to make this tool work on Taiwan client

Huniken

Potential Patron
Portraits_160216_000.jpg

Portraits_160216_001.jpg

Portraits_160216_002.jpg

Portraits_160216_003.jpg

Thank you, works like a Dragon!

nevermindjr

Potential Patron
Yeah. I noticed I had to refresh the game to make new slider load. Thanks.

I have another question. Is this tool actually safe or should I with the other xml edit method? As Gameguard have been removed, I feel a bit safer while using it but it's still exe modding right? I disabled print screen from my keyboard software to prevent me from taking accidental screen shots as OP reported that NC might found if we do take screen shots within game.

mxjzm

Casual Client
Hmm interesting,
I went offline 2 weeks because of work, did they remove game guard? That make things way easier...
I haven't tested your program yet, tinker, does it work with any languaje or is it a cheat engine trainer?

tinker

Casual Client
I have no idea what the status of Gameguard is. I haven't really been messing with stuff because of playing the game+job hunting.

Gameguard still seems to be running for me. I'm not sure it matters though, as it hasn't actually done anything for B&S. Afaik there was only one patch where it even detected CheatEngine, and you could get around it by simply suspending the Gameguard process.

The tool isn't modifying the B&S executable, it's just a C# program reading/writing the process memory.

Last edited:

mxjzm

Casual Client
Gameguard actually was in the way, at least the first 10 minutes that i tried to access via c libraries.
I know you can suspend the thread without closing it, but sometimes the game freeze waiting for communication.

Also cheking your code...
upload_2016-2-19_22-0-11.png
And mine...
upload_2016-2-19_22-0-30.png

Im impressed.
(I wish Tera was more like this game, not the addresses mess it actually is.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.