Black Desert Online Modding Tools (5 Viewers)

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Black Desert Online 3D Model Export / Import Tool

Thanks to IndigoDesert now it's possible to export .pac files open them on any 3D Editor like blender, edit them, and then re-import them back to the game.

The process is very simple, and I'm going to try to make the explanation as simple as possible with a lot of images to guide you through the process.

Here we go:
  1. Download Paz Browser and extract ALL THE FILES from the .zip file to: "Black Desert Online\Paz\"
  2. Open your "Paz" folder and run "paz_browser.exe"
  3. Find the .pac file you want to edit and press ENTER to extract and preview the file (Don't close the window that open with the extracted files)

For the nude body models, using the menus, go to "Your class->Body Mesh":

Here's the list of the nude body models files of each class:
    • Sorceress : phw_00_nude_0001_noalpha.pac
    • Ranger : pew_00_nude_0001_noalpha.pac
    • Tamer : pbw_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Valkyrie : pvw_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Valkyrie : pvw_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Witch : pww_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Kunoichi : pnw_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Dark Knight : pdw_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Plum(Maehwa) : pkww_00_nude_0002.pac
    • Warrior : phm_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Berserker : pgm_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Blader(Musa) : pkm_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Wizard : pwm_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Ninja : pnm_00_nude_0001.pac
  4. Download PAC_to_DAE_Converter_v2.zip and extract all the content to the same folder that contains the .pac file (The folder the program opened after extracting the .pac file)

5. Right click "pac_to_dae.bat" and then click "Edit"

6. Replace "PAC_FILE_NAME.pac" with the name of the .pac file you are trying to extract. Also, replace "CLASSPREFIX" with the first 3 letters of the pac file you are converting:
    E.g: If the pac file name is: phw_00_nude_0001_noalpha.pac, replace "CLASSPREFIX_01.pab" with "phw_01.pab"

7. Save the file and run "pac_to_dae.bat". 3 new files will be created in this folder:
    - Each .pac file has 3 "Level of Detail" (LOD) foles.
    - When you convert it to .dae, it separates it in 3 different files:
    • lod0 is the one with more details
    • lod3 is the one with less details.

8. Open up Blender or any other 3D Editing software, and go to "File->Import->Collada (default) (.dae)" and find your .dae files.

9. When you are done editing, go to "File->Export->Collada (default) (.dae)" and replace the original file.

10. Now go back to your folder, right click "dae_to_pac.bat" and click on "Edit".

11. Do the same thing you did before, but replace "DAE_FILE_NAME.dae" with the ".dae" file name you just edited and exported, "PAC_FILE_NAME.pac" with the original .pac file name, and "CLASSPREFIX" again with the first 3 letters of the .pac

Note: If you want all the "Level of Detail" to use the same mesh that you just edited, add "-replaceAllLOD" before the "-r"
  12. Run "dae_to_pac.bat"
  13. Now download Meta Injector and extract all the files to: "Black Desert Online\Paz\"
  14. Place the .pac file you just created into "Black Desert Online\Paz\files_to_patch\"
  15. Run "meta_injector.exe"
  16. Choose "Run Injector" and "Let the program decide where they should go."
If you make new modifications, you have to go through the whole process again, including injecting it with the Meta Injector.

Last edited:

IndigoDesert

Avid Affiliate
Pretty sure the game uses pkww_00_nude_0002.pac for Maehwa, not pkww_00_nude_0001.pac.

And you should always provide the PAB file for the class you're converting models for. Otherwise you can't update vertex weights, and that would make many changes look bad.

Workflow download shows everything you should have when changing models, and has a good example for how to edit the character model for Sorceress/Maehwa/Valkyrie/Witch/Kunoichi/Dark Knight. Their character models are so similar you can edit them all at the same time by modifying only one mesh with the help of merge mode.

There's also a new character model in the example you can test out in game, but the character model was never finished (nipples could use an update to UV mapping and diffuse texture).

trumpdog

Vivacious Visitor
I tried using the examples from the workflow and meta wont inject them.
Dark knights appear to be a problem. Their meshes wont inject...the others are fine.
I even tried a default mesh..still no good

Last edited:

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Pretty sure the game uses pkww_00_nude_0002.pac for Maehwa, not pkww_00_nude_0001.pac.

And you should always provide the PAB file for the class you're converting models for. Otherwise you can't update vertex weights, and that would make many changes look bad.

Workflow download shows everything you should have when changing models, and has a good example for how to edit the character model for Sorceress/Maehwa/Valkyrie/Witch/Kunoichi/Dark Knight. Their character models are so similar you can edit them all at the same time by modifying only one mesh with the help of merge mode.

There's also a new character model in the example you can test out in game, but the character model was never finished (nipples could use an update to UV mapping and diffuse texture).
I modified the tutorial adding the .pab files you suggested as well instructions about how to use them.
The workflow is very useful to understand how it works, and I would use the new body models if it wasn't for the weird bug in the "between butt" area.
2017-02-28_20778267.jpg

Last edited:

IndigoDesert

Avid Affiliate
I modified the tutorial adding the .pab files you suggested as well instructions about how to use them.
The workflow is very useful to understand how it works, and I would use the new body models if it wasn't for the weird bug in the "between butt" area.
View attachment 60393
That should be fixable by editing the normal texture map.

Edit: The actual cause is most likely UV mapping which doesn't fit the Dark Knight model (the new character mesh it's merged is based on Sorceress model). A possible fix would be to change the vertex coloring (so it copies over more or less UV mapping from Sorceress mesh).

Last edited:

shinizaya

Potential Patron
Any way to get japanese voices into the NA/EU clients with your tools, BlackFireBR?

I extracted the audio files from the TW client which comes with japanese, korean and english using file extractor 1.1, and tried to patch my EU client with meta injector 1.9, but afterwards most of the NPCs have no audio at all (I assume these are the patched ones) and some still have english (no japanese voice files for these I guess?)

Is there anything I did wrong there? Should it work like that? Or are these files encrypted or different format or something so they can't be read by the EU client?

I grabbed the JP client as well to see if maybe you can use the audio files from that but as you surely know it uses a completely different file structure that I can't even extract as far as I can tell.

Help please, you are my only hope..

Last edited:

IndigoDesert

Avid Affiliate
Any way to get japanese voices into the NA/EU clients with your tools, BlackFireBR?

I extracted the audio files from the TW client which comes with japanese, korean and english using file extractor 1.1, and tried to patch my EU client with meta injector 1.9, but afterwards most of the NPCs have no audio at all (I assume these are the patched ones) and some still have english (no japanese voice files for these I guess?)

Is there anything I did wrong there? Should it work like that? Or are these files encrypted or different format or something so they can't be read by the EU client?

I grabbed the JP client as well to see if maybe you can use the audio files from that but as you surely know it uses a completely different file structure that I can't even extract as far as I can tell.

Help please, you are my only hope..
My old speech mod might work for this: MEGA

Run in Taiwanese PAZ folder with "bdmod.exe -c ja"

Copy over the PAD09901.meta and PAD09901.paz files to English version, and use bdmod like this in English paz folder: "bdmod.exe -t ja"

shinizaya

Potential Patron
My old speech mod might work for this: MEGA

Run in Taiwanese PAZ folder with "bdmod.exe -c ja"

Copy over the PAD09901.meta and PAD09901.paz files to English version, and use bdmod like this in English paz folder: "bdmod.exe -t ja"

Thank you for the reply! Didn't expect to see you here! Your old reddit thread is where I started when I tried searching for a jp voice mod and now I ended up here :P

I got really excited and just tried your suggestion on the TW version but it says "Complete." instantly and generates only a 16 byte meta file and a 0 byte paz so it doesn't seem to be compatible :-(

Dammit, is there no hope for a jp voice mod?

IndigoDesert

Avid Affiliate
Thank you for the reply! Didn't expect to see you here! Your old reddit thread is where I started when I tried searching for a jp voice mod and now I ended up here :P

I got really excited and just tried your suggestion on the TW version but it says "Complete." instantly and generates only a 16 byte meta file and a 0 byte paz so it doesn't seem to be compatible :-(

Dammit, is there no hope for a jp voice mod?
Maybe it would work with a Japanese install rather than Taiwanese version. But I have no idea what that client looks like now.

shinizaya

Potential Patron
Maybe it would work with a Japanese install rather than Taiwanese version. But I have no idea what that client looks like now.

JP client comes with only a BD executable, and then BlackDesert_live\.gameon\objects folder with subfolders from 00 to ff each containing files named such as this "00fcf4e0e04fa97d0efcc5b5ccac950a74d634". No extension, varying sizes (though most seem to be around 8mb). There's about 5000 of them so I'd guess they are perhaps paz files in disguise?
No idea if any of the existing tools could work with that though.

I'm not entirely sure on this though, as I haven't actually launched the japanese version (can't seem to get it to work, it launches from the website?)
Maybe those files are yet to be reorganized for the final installation or something.

-edit-
Yep, I didn't actually finish the installation. Now for whatever reason I gotta download the whole thing again but I'll see if any of the existing tools work then with the jp paz files.
Should have em tomorrow.

Last edited:

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
That should be fixable by editing the normal texture map.
I see that you have included the normal map in your workflow folder, but I have a noob question:
Why is it gray and not purple like a normal map? Is it a bump map? Do I have to convert it to normal map in order to make it work?
phw_01_nude_0001_n.jpg phw_01_nude_0001_n-original.jpg

IndigoDesert

Avid Affiliate
I see that you have included the normal map in your workflow folder, but I have a noob question:
Why is it gray and not purple like a normal map? Is it a bump map? Do I have to convert it to normal map in order to make it work?
View attachment 60405 View attachment 60406
It should be the same as other normal maps from the game. You might be using a program which converts the normal map data to different channels than the TGA files in my workflow example.

By the way, problem above is probably due to UV mapping when I think about it. Although normal map texture could use some tweaking.

shinizaya

Potential Patron

Finally got the JP client all set up and it actually worked! Thanks so much, you're a lifesaver.
Is it ok to share it on reddit? Considering it's your mod tool I don't want to post it anywhere without permission.

How does it work anyway? Is there documentation or source?
I found bdmod days ago when searching for the old mod you removed from the reddit thread, but without your post here I would have never figured out how to use it to actually update the mod.
Why does it even work? I thought you gave up on it because it stopped working? Not that I'm complaining, haha!

Last edited:

IndigoDesert

Avid Affiliate
Finally got the JP client all set up and it actually worked! Thanks so much, you're a lifesaver.
Is it ok to share it on reddit? Considering it's your mod tool I don't want to post it anywhere without permission.

How does it work anyway? Is there documentation or source?
I found bdmod days ago when searching for the old mod you removed from the reddit thread, but without your post here I would have never figured out how to use it to actually update the mod.
Why does it even work? I thought you gave up on it because it stopped working? Not that I'm complaining, haha!
Bdmod stopped working because of added encryption, but that encryption was removed. I'm as surprised as you that bdmod suddenly became compatible again.

You could upload the Japanese files and link it to me, and I can update my old post with it. I can add update my post with updated Korean voice files too.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Bdmod stopped working because of added encryption, but that encryption was removed. I'm as surprised as you that bdmod suddenly became compatible again.

You could upload the Japanese files and link it to me, and I can update my old post with it. I can add update my post with updated Korean voice files too.
IndigoDesert, you can make your bdomod.exe work for the jp and tw version again, just skip those 256000 bytes after you read all the PAZ data in the meta file and you should be fine:

meta5-jpg.56443

Note: These numbers are outdated, but the structure is still the same.

shinizaya

Potential Patron

Ok, uploaded it here:
MEGA

miiicom

Vivacious Visitor
Hi, a friend of mine had trouble using the 3D model extract / import tool

These dae files(Sample.7z) extracted by the 3D model tool without any external touch crashed the software when he tries to exchange it.

When he tries to add and replace new mesh, the mesh always stays in the buttom of the pac file. He is unable to get it to a proper place

And thank you for the great 3D model extraction tool!! My friend wants to know if its his fault or not.

IndigoDesert

Avid Affiliate
Hi, a friend of mine had trouble using the 3D model extract / import tool

These dae files(Sample.7z) extracted by the 3D model tool without any external touch crashed the software when he tries to exchange it.

When he tries to add and replace new mesh, the mesh always stays in the buttom of the pac file. He is unable to get it to a proper place

And thank you for the great 3D model extraction tool!! My friend wants to know if its his fault or not.
The program he's using is probably expecting different DAE files. To be honest, it was a poor choice of me to choose DAE as format since so many programs have poor support for it. FBX would have been a better choice.

Your friend should try to use another program (or maybe try an updated version of the same program). Or he could try to use FBX as intermediate format, and use another program for converting to and from DAE/FBX.

mastzou

Potential Patron
The program he's using is probably expecting different DAE files. To be honest, it was a poor choice of me to choose DAE as format since so many programs have poor support for it. FBX would have been a better choice.

Your friend should try to use another program (or maybe try an updated version of the same program). Or he could try to use FBX as intermediate format, and use another program for converting to and from DAE/FBX.
Hi,
thank you for the great 3D model extraction tool!!
I did not use any other DAE tools, just use pactools.exe to export /original import, the program crashes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.