Black Desert Online Modding Tools (4 Viewers)

Avika

Potential Patron
Hi this is awesome forum! i learned hard thing from this and now i can extracted outfit with material to edit with my 3d program^^ [I use PAZ Files Browser]. Thanks a lot to BlackFireBR! you are great!
Now i want to extract a full model character with head, hair,body, clothes, materials. or at least a character head! the female characters are gorgeous!
Could you please guide me the step? or pm me! or anyone know how to, would be appreciate!

Edited: Now i can extracted character's head^^ it took me bout 2 hours for process finished! but it's worth! from now thing to do is find texture and combine their parts.

Last edited:
F

Feartime

Hello. I wanna know following things.

1, Meta Injector Reloaded will support Taiwan Server?
2, There is command-line argument?(I wanna call MIR from C# App then wanna automatically Meta injecting)

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Hi this is awesome forum! i learned hard thing from this and now i can extracted outfit with material to edit with my 3d program^^ [I use PAZ Files Browser]. Thanks a lot to BlackFireBR! you are great!
Now i want to extract a full model character with head, hair,body, clothes, materials. or at least a character head! the female characters are gorgeous!
Could you please guide me the step? or pm me! or anyone know how to, would be appreciate!

Edited: Now i can extracted character's head^^ it took me bout 2 hours for process finished! but it's worth! from now thing to do is find texture and combine their parts.

Mind sharing how you did this? :)

Garkin

Avid Affiliate
Black Desert Online File Extractor v1.1
Some files extracted by this tool are corrupted. It seems that those files were wrongly detected as uncompressed in the following part of bms script:
Code:
callfunction SET_ENCRYPTION 1
if SIZE > ZSIZE
    clog NAME OFFSET ZSIZE SIZE 1
else    # yeah SIZE is < ZSIZE
    log NAME OFFSET SIZE 1
endif
encryption "" ""

I didn't really find working solution, but as I needed just quick fix for .xlsm files, I have modified condition as follows:
Code:
if SIZE > ZSIZE || FILE_NAME & ".xlsm"
Maybe it will be possible to do something like this also for 3D files and textures.

S

Saaan

ok basic stuff...How do I edit the model? I can use PAZ Files Browser to view the objects that I want. Found a couple of them. Used the File extractor to get the corresponding pac file. Now how do I extract the pac file? I have done a bit of searching and it looks like the thread about Noesis plugin for extracting BlackDesertOnline pac files have been removed...What tools are you all using for extracting the mesh from the pac files?

buzarini

Potential Patron
my goal is let meta injector can load *ALL* file, not only 3d model and texture, especially the sound mod like japanese voice pack. And I merge external tool that original meta injector used into my program, to improve performance, all localization version compatible, and code in my way.

Actually, do the same thing as meta injector do, but I think it's a minor improvement.

TL;DR:
1. real parse the index
2. no dependency need
3. all version compatible *technically*
4. fewer line of code
the source code will be posted?
bdp.exe can not find the files in the folders, if the Indexing Service is turned off. It is possible to fix?

Miau Lightouch

Potential Patron
because the mod, I want to make, is became a built-in feature in the game, I decide to release my injector source code.

this program used:
1. uthash - hash table for quick search and modify
2. libconfuse - to read configure file

Attachments

bdp.src.zip
173.4 KB · Views: 126

buzarini

Potential Patron
PAZ Browser v1.1
changelog:
v1.1
- Reference file no longer required: decryption is now done by the actual program and doesn't rely on quickbms anymore to do that (big thanks to Miau Lightouch)
- Fixed crash when filling file blocks, after the recent update

Download: Black Desert Online - Paz Files Browser

Source code here: src-paz_browser_v1.1.zip
It does not work for Korea with the latest update.
And it does not work "Hashes Generator for Meta Injector".
because the mod, I want to make, is became a built-in feature in the game, I decide to release my injector source code.

this program used:
1. uthash - hash table for quick search and modify
2. libconfuse - to read configure file
And it does not work "bdp.exe" for Korea.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
It does not work for Korea with the latest update.
And it does not work "Hashes Generator for Meta Injector".

And it does not work "bdp.exe" for Korea.
What exactly happens? I'm re-downloading the Korean client again to test this stuff, but it would be very helpful if you can tell me what happens when you try to run this.

Miau Lightouch

Potential Patron
just saying, there's about 8000 files that can't be replaced. these 8000 files index are encrypted with unknown cipher. unfortunately, if your file is in these 8000 files, there's no way to mod. (and it would show [FAILED] with my injector.)

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
just saying, there's about 8000 files that can't be replaced. these 8000 files index are encrypted with unknown cipher. unfortunately, if your file is in these 8000 files, there's no way to mod. (and it would show [FAILED] with my injector.)
I just realized something. All of those "missing files" have something in common:
All of their hashes uses only 7 hexadecimal letters to represent it, instead of 8. Let me explain:
Let's compare the hashes from "multiplemodeldesc.xml" to the "pew_00_ub_0031_dec_n.dds" (One of the missing files)

multiplemodeldesc.xml hash:
DECIMAL: 631490897
HEX (Big Endian): 25 A3 C9 51
HEX (Little Endian): 51 C9 A3 25

Remembering (from the first page):
When you convert it to hex, you get this:
hex-jpg.55600

But when you look at the meta file, you are not going to find 25 A3 C9 51, instead you need to find 51 C9 A3 25
hex2-jpg.55601

So everytime you convert to hex, remember to change the order in blocks of 2 bytes.

Warning, don't do this mistake:
25 A3 C9 51 -> 15 9C 3A 52
it's:
25 A3 C9 51 - > 51 C9 A3 25

pew_00_ub_0031_dec_n.dds hash:
DECIMAL: 25743895
HEX (Big Endian): 188D217 (or 01 88 D2 17)
HEX (Little Endian): 17 D2 88 01

The complete list of all missing files and their hashes and file/folder numbers can be found here:
missing_files.txt

As you can see, when it's one of those files, it when you convert the number from dec to hex, you always get only 7 letters, because the 8th one is always 0

So what I'm thinking is that, when they made the .meta file, they simply decided not to store this extra "0" to save some space, and since we are always reading 4bytes, it actually reads the seven letters + 1 more of the next field, giving us just nonsense.

Miau Lightouch, you are smarter than me, help me figure that out.

Please? xD

Attachments

missing_files.txt
647.2 KB · Views: 554

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
PAZ Browser v1.2
Tough job to make this one, I basically re-wrote the whole code of the part that reads the pad00000.meta file searching for the file hashes and names.
After the latest KR version, we are able to read all those 8000 files that we couldn't before, this means that you will have a lot more files to browse in this version.
The tool once again don't use the "reference_file.txt" anymore because it does the pad00000.meta file decryption by itself.
I'll be exportimg this code changes to all my other tools to use the same method.I'll be releasing the updates soon.
I hope you guys enjoy

paz_browser1.2.gif

changelog:

- Works with the KR version without crashing this time.
- Dark Knight is now added to the list of the files you can browse.
- If you are using the KR version, the tool can now detect 100% of the files of the game (You still will only be able to browse the categories I created though)
- 3 new options to browse available for each class:
  • Weapons
  • Body Meshes
  • Head Meshes

Download: Black Desert Online - Paz Files Browser
Source code here: src-paz_browser_v1.2.zip
If you have any other suggestions of categories you want me to add, please let me know.

Last edited:

Vallil

Swell Supporter
i was trying to use the hashes generator but i got this error:
"quickbms.exe" not recongized as an internal or external command
any idea how to fix this? it's driving me nuts, or another way to get the hashes updated?

Edit: just found a way to fix it in youtube... damn that took a couple videos to find the right one xD

Last edited:

Vallil

Swell Supporter
Ok started running after i double cliced an it does this
is it normal? the .txt says it should say "working" and then finished but i get this instead.
Imagen 077.png

and that's what i got after finish :/ if i use "run as admin" i still get the problem i mentioned in the previous post... HELP! D:

aXg8tm3.png

Last edited:

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Meta Injector v1.7

meta-1.gif

• The tool now works with the KR version, after the last update

• If you are using the KR version, you are now able to patch 100% of the files of the game.

• Hashes Generator for Meta Injector is no longer required in order to make the tool work with new files, the tool will always extract the most up to date information from your pad00000.meta file.

• You can now use this tool to patch 2 or more files with the same name, but in different folders (that wasn't possible before).

• Interface re-designed: As the tool patches your meta file, you can now see the hash, file number and folder number already converted in hexadecimal of the file being patched, in case you want to open the file in a hex editor and edit yourself

• Memory consumption greatly improved.

• A "Skipped" message now appears if you try to patch "multiplemodeldesc.xml" and "partcombinationdesc.xml" since they cause the game to crash.

• The tool now always try to copy the files to their right location, but it prompts you if you want to replace the existing files or not, giving you the option to "Replace All" of "Skip All"

• Option do "Undo last changes" added and it's independent from all the other mods.
Download Link: Meta Injector Reloaded v1.7

Source Code : src-meta_injector_v1.7.zip

Last edited:

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Meta Injector v1.8
v1.8
- Performance slightly better during the "Searching for files in your meta file" step.
- Performance greatly increased during the "Patching meta file" and specially the "Copying files" step.
- Changed the order of the steps, now the tool copies the files before patching the meta file.That way it only patches the files that had success when copying.
- Fixed some typos and added a lot of warning messages trying to explain why a file couldn't be copied.
- Source code included with the program

Download Link: Meta Injector Reloaded

Last edited:

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Updated the section "Modders Stuff" on the first page with some additional explanation about some stuff, and also I re-organized the first post with the tools, deleting some unnecessary stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.