Black Desert Online Modding Tools (1 Viewer)

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Oh, I didn't see your hash generator.
I guess I have to use that?
Probably, just in case.
But your ic_00041.dds file is already present in the hashes.txt file that comes with Meta Injector. Unless you are patching a really new texture, the old file should work just fine.

superlativo

Vivacious Visitor
Hi BlackFireBR BlackFireBR i dunno if you can but, i ask.
Any way to replace the Fonts or change the resolution of the Fonts?
Why this question? Because i want to reduce the UI without lost my eyes... you know, when you touch the % of Interface Scaling, the clear text of all UI is gone, and all text is blurry.
I see some file in the main folder, regarding the copyright, but i dunno how/if we can do something with that.
I want to see a clear text around 85/90 % of Interface Scaling.
Help is appreciated, if possible.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
RvTfxP5.jpg

hey BlackFireBR. I got a question.

I used your 'meta_injector_hashes_generator' program, followed your instruction and I think it failed to extract new hash data.
pls, tell me where I made mistake. upper's the result from running the bat file, 'generate_hashes_command.bat'.
I'm KR server.
You shouldn't delete the "1>hashes.txt 2>NULL" part in the 'generate_hashes_command.bat', this is only if it didn't work so you could possibly see if there was an error message, but from what' I'm seeing, there is no error message and the output is all being "wasted", because you deleted the "1>hashes.txt" argument.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Hi BlackFireBR BlackFireBR i dunno if you can but, i ask.
Any way to replace the Fonts or change the resolution of the Fonts?
Why this question? Because i want to reduce the UI without lost my eyes... you know, when you touch the % of Interface Scaling, the clear text of all UI is gone, and all text is blurry.
I see some file in the main folder, regarding the copyright, but i dunno how/if we can do something with that.
I want to see a clear text around 85/90 % of Interface Scaling.
Help is appreciated, if possible.
I never messed around with fonts, but replacing fonts shouldn't be that hard, you just have to find the right file ( should be a .ttf file)
But I doubt it will solve your problem. I believe this is a engine-related problem, the downscaling of fonts of the game is poor, so it doesn't matter which font you put in the game, you will have the same problem.
Besides, there no such thing as "high resolution fonts". Fonts are vectorized and can be expanded and shrinked to any size, without losing quality, it all depends on the interpolation that the program that uses the font does.

Grelot

Potential Patron
with the new update (NA), the extractor can extract the languagedata.xlsm but it does the same error as the other xlsm (invalid extension bla bla).. last week it was working..
any change brough by the update that resulted in that..?

Last edited:

superlativo

Vivacious Visitor
I never messed around with fonts, but replacing fonts shouldn't be that hard, you just have to find the right file ( should be a .ttf file)
But I doubt it will solve your problem. I believe this is a engine-related problem, the downscaling of fonts of the game is poor, so it doesn't matter which font you put in the game, you will have the same problem.
Besides, there no such thing as "high resolution fonts". Fonts are vectorized and can be expanded and shrinked to any size, without losing quality, it all depends on the interpolation that the program that uses the font does.

ok, thanks for the reply :(

L

LowBudgetGamer

Is there anyone who could hook me up with font change for BDO, or tutorial on how to do it?

EntityZero

Potential Patron
with the new update (NA), the extractor can extract the languagedata.xlsm but it does the same error as the other xlsm (invalid extension bla bla).. last week it was working..
any change brough by the update that resulted in that..?
Im having the same issue. Any fix for this?

Also, does anyone know how to change say, the text in the equipment pane? I wanna rename the "Awakening Weapon Attack Power" to something smaller.

Last edited:

alcaster4242

Swell Supporter
Hi everyone.
You think i can make some tattoo for my valk with this program ?
There's two ways you can make tattoo.

1) Edit the nude skin texture.
2) Edit the tattoo picture file.
3) Do both.
But if you do the Tattoo picture, make sure it looks fine without your edit.
Cause when the mod stops working or someone else sees you, it's not too bizarre.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Hey guys, I just released a new tool, it's a paz browser.
I decided to make life easier for people that just want to find out the file name for a armor, but doesn't know to open the game files with a 3D Viewer or doesn't have the patience to have to extract the whole game only to do that.

The tool gives you a list of all the pac files related to all pieces of armor from all classes. The list is automatically updated each time a new update is released so you will be able to find out their file name in no time.

Once you selected the file you want to preview, the tool only extracts that .pac file and the textures necessary for that file. Every file you preview is extracted, both .pac file and texture files under "Black Desert Online\Paz\patcher_resources\extracted_files\".

The tool uses quickbms to extract the files and 3D Object Coverter (both already included) to open them. I know it would be nicer if I used a graphical interface like .Net and opened the 3D model in the same window using OpenGL, but I don't know how to program for those languages, but figured that I could do something similar using only C and using 3D Object Coverter, so I did this. I'm sorry if it's not ideal.

It took me a lot of work to code this, believe it or not, if you want to take a look, the source code is available here:
src-paz_browser_v1.0.zip
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PAZ Files Browser
browser_preview1-jpg.58052

Download: Black Desert Online - Paz Files Browser

Instructions:
- Extract ALL files to your "PAZ" folder
- Run "paz_browser.exe"
- Use the arrow keys and the ENTER key to navigate thought the menu

paz_browser_preview_resized-gif.58060

Important: To visualize the model with textures, click on this icon:
texture-on-icon-jpg.58056

Known issues:
- Not all files can be opened by this program, sometimes you will encounter this message:
error-jpg.58058

I don't know why this happens.

- Remember those 8000 files I told you that my tool doesn't work with? They are not present in the list of this tool as well, since it uses the same source as the other tools.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
So i extracted the conqueror set, renamed it to the Archer guard set, used the Meta injector to patch it, but the armor looks the same.
Why does it work with custom armor but not orginal armor? Am i doing something wrong?
Probably, what are exactly the renamings that you are doing?

Shadowtrance

Potential Patron
Probably as good a place as any to ask i guess.
But, been (trying) to mess around with changing textures, well just one atm while i figure things out and was wondering how I'd go about making part of a texture semi transparent, kinda like the kibelius costume but instead I'm trying to do it to the black garter underwear bra and pants parts, buuuuuuut i don't know where I'm going wrong. Doesn't matter what i do nothing changes when i use the modified texture with meta injector.
Unless it has stopped working as I'm not aware (possible i guess). I'm on the NA client and trying to make the black garter underwear bra and pants (for kunoichi if that makes any difference) about half transparent if anyone can help or even share the texture already done. :)
Thanks for the great tools btw. :)

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Probably as good a place as any to ask i guess.
But, been (trying) to mess around with changing textures, well just one atm while i figure things out and was wondering how I'd go about making part of a texture semi transparent, kinda like the kibelius costume but instead I'm trying to do it to the black garter underwear bra and pants parts, buuuuuuut i don't know where I'm going wrong. Doesn't matter what i do nothing changes when i use the modified texture with meta injector.
Unless it has stopped working as I'm not aware (possible i guess). I'm on the NA client and trying to make the black garter underwear bra and pants (for kunoichi if that makes any difference) about half transparent if anyone can help or even share the texture already done. :)
Thanks for the great tools btw. :)
For semi-transparent textures, you need to save them with DXT5 compression and use a gray-ish color on the alpha channel to make it kinda transparent. The closest is to black, the more transparent it gets.
You don't see any changes at all? Is meta injector giving you all success messages? Let me know.

@Socrates
Yes, but you need the other parts too.

Shadowtrance

Potential Patron
For semi-transparent textures, you need to save them with DXT5 compression and use a gray-ish color on the alpha channel to make it kinda transparent. The closest is to black, the more transparent it gets.
You don't see any changes at all? Is meta injector giving you all success messages? Let me know.

@Socrates
Yes, but you need the other parts too.
Ah yep, I'll give it another go with dxt5.
Didn't see any changes at all, meta injector said 1 success 0 fail (something along those lines). It may have just been my texture, i dunno. Will see how i go saving with dxt5 instead. :)

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Can the Injector be used to edit other things like animal or environment textures? I was working on some horse re textures and am not sure how to find specific file names. All the cataloged texture names people have posted seem to be for characters and armor.
EDIT: This can all be done with Extractor and Meta Injector.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.