Do you prefer zako victory, defeat or enjoy both?

• 100% winning!

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • 100% losing!

Votes: 139 61.0%
  • Both!

Votes: 60 26.3%

• Total voters

wj1905

Master of this Domain

The dance-punk zako shows up at around 0:50 and there are more of her at about 2:20. There are at least two color variants of her so far.
Very hot.

Also, some of my all-time favorite Garnet / Soozie zakos show up at around 1:35 and get brutally massacred by a hero using a katana.
Three color variants of her so far.

No real zako action past the 3:15 mark, if I recall correctly.

The AI is not very good, that low-cut shirt gal in the baggy clothes threw that acid bottle then just nicely backed into the acid puddle she made. But really neat design I must say. The graphics are nice and cartoony.
The classic Street of Rage gals (do they have names?) it seems have all various gem names - Garnet, Diamondo, Pyrop... maybe a Steven Universe reference? :P

wj1905

Master of this Domain
Anyone remembers this game - Deathtrap Dungeon? Sort of a Lara Croft clone in fantasy setting based on the Livingstone make-your-adventure books. Quite a few zakos among the demon cultists, including more demonic possessed ones. Sadly, 3D graphics looked crap back then, so the actual models are less sexy.

31-Snake_women.png 34-dark_elf.png 53-Medusa.png 56-Demon_lady.png 58-Cultists.png DD_High_Priestess.jpg DD_High_Priestess_01.jpg deathtrapdungeonbeta-1.jpg deathtrap-dungeon-psx-beta-3.jpg Demonwitch.jpg High Priestess.jpg Medusae.jpg Snake-Girls.jpg Warrior Priestess Knife-Thrower.jpg Warrior Priestess.jpg

lookit

Swell Supporter
I wish Raven and Pheasant were girls tho. I wanna see more muay thai kickboxer zakos, not just the ones from Revenge on the Streets

BTW, I have a fetish of genderbending male enemies into females, especially martial artist enemies (kickboxers, wrestlers, karatekas). So far, I only genderbent Yakuza 3-5's wrestler though, but I still have plans fot more
Now I'm hoping for karate girl on River City Girls. I guess there might be karate. The River City series all have karate roles.

It would be better if there were Thai Boxing girls.

oneofone

Club Regular
Anyone remembers this game - Deathtrap Dungeon? Sort of a Lara Croft clone in fantasy setting based on the Livingstone make-your-adventure books. Quite a few zakos among the demon cultists, including more demonic possessed ones. Sadly, 3D graphics looked crap back then, so the actual models are less sexy.

View attachment 95525View attachment 95526View attachment 95527View attachment 95528View attachment 95529View attachment 95530View attachment 95531View attachment 95532View attachment 95533View attachment 95534View attachment 95535View attachment 95536View attachment 95537View attachment 95538View attachment 95539

I remember this game! I remember that level! I want to make zakos like this!

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
Now I'm hoping for karate girl on River City Girls. I guess there might be karate. The River City series all have karate roles.

It would be better if there were Thai Boxing girls.

Muay Thai/MMA girls are hot!! Some of my IRL favorites includes Alma Juniku and Stamp Fairtex

You know what makes a Muay Thai girl hot? Her arm wraps/fingerless gloves, toeless socks, tanned skin, toned midriff and of course, her clothes. Bike shorts or boxing shorts with sports bra or cropped tube top/sarashi sounds good though. She would be a tomboy, with a short shaggy hair and a nice headband, and a rough, boyish voice, voiced by voice actors like Miyuki Sawashiro or Karen Strassman. Her moveset would include grappling, knee strikes, chokeholds, punches and cartwheel kicks

Rana isn't enough to satisfy my appetite, so I demand more. Anyway, I found some nice references though:
__original_drawn_by_magion02__sample-6adbfbea9fc2c4bca44e552640d63fc7.jpg

d97ic60-140d25f1-e950-4de2-9aad-45e82d3cc11e.jpg

muay_thai_fighter_by_joe_sketch_d4uio6p-pre.jpg

d6tva1k-1b8ef5d0-b493-4232-addf-09244f58dbfa.jpg

The unique part about Muay Thai girls is they make a particular knee-up stance. I find it to be cool and charismatic though, preparing to fight her opponents. And another principal is that they focus on both hands and legs, known as the Art of the Eight Limbs. Sounds cool, right?

http3a2f2f37-media-tumblr-com2ffd0e20dbbd9892002b9e24d4a50f5da62ftumblr_n3ekdwrtin1sndox4o1_1280.png

Last edited:

lookit

Swell Supporter
Muay Thai/MMA girls are hot!! Some of my IRL favorites includes Alma Juniku and Stamp Fairtex

You know what makes a Muay Thai girl hot? Her arm wraps/fingerless gloves, toeless socks, tanned skin, toned midriff and of course, her clothes. Bike shorts or boxing shorts with sports bra or cropped tube top/sarashi sounds good though. She would be a tomboy, with a short shaggy hair and a nice headband, and a rough, boyish voice, voiced by voice actors like Miyuki Sawashiro or Karen Strassman. Her moveset would include grappling, knee strikes, chokeholds, punches and cartwheel kicks

Rana isn't enough to satisfy my appetite, so I demand more. Anyway, I found some nice references though:
6adbfbea9fc2c4bca44e552640d63fc7.jpg

d97ic60-140d25f1-e950-4de2-9aad-45e82d3cc11e.jpg

muay_thai_fighter_by_joe_sketch_d4uio6p-pre.jpg

d6tva1k-1b8ef5d0-b493-4232-addf-09244f58dbfa.jpg

The unique part about Muay Thai girls is they make a particular knee-up stance. I find it to be cool and charismatic though, preparing to fight her opponents. And another principal is that they focus on both hands and legs, known as the Art of the Eight Limbs. Sounds cool, right?

http3a2f2f37-media-tumblr-com2ffd0e20dbbd9892002b9e24d4a50f5da62ftumblr_n3ekdwrtin1sndox4o1_1280.png
go off at a tangent, I recommend a game.

I just sponsored a $10 trial version of the game. I know it's expensive, but I think it's worth it.

There are all kinds of fighting girls in it, but I don't like Thai boxing clothes in this game (I hate eye masks very much, Capcom That bunch of fools added this to Juri.), but karate is very good.I like your picture very much. Thank you.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
go off at a tangent, I recommend a game.

I just sponsored a $10 trial version of the game. I know it's expensive, but I think it's worth it.

There are all kinds of fighting girls in it, but I don't like Thai boxing clothes in this game (I hate eye masks very much, Capcom That bunch of fools added this to Juri.), but karate is very good.I like your picture very much. Thank you.

Hold the fuck up I know this game. It's Glitz n' Glam Brawl!! I wanted to play this hehaha!!

The roster looks fine tho, from a swole amazoness to a kick-ass Muay Thai girl. I also saw a couple of DeviantArt user's OCs there like Uyara (a muscular Brazilian grappler), which probably included since the maker pledged a lot... (wish I could do this to my Janis though, we would've gotten a tomboyish South African mechanic girl armed with a giant spanner and kick-ass capoeira moves)

Speaking of Muay Thai girls, I found an older version of the character named Aya Mitsumi. Apparently she's a Japanese kickboxer and she wears a pair of boxing gloves and a cropped halter top along with a miniskirt with a pair of bike shorts inside, a pair of ankle wraps, a headband and a pair of armbands. Still better than the final one though, and it's pretty uncommon to see Japanese Muay Thai girl. She looks kinda toned and fit too:
d8zh34m-0a44b08b-d088-47b8-850f-c51a1deeeb71.png

d852nyf-12ad4cbd-7f11-447e-9ad6-68c15efa67f2.gif

Anyway, the maker has a DeviantArt account though where he posts WIP sprites, artworks and gameplay:

lookit

Swell Supporter
Hold the fuck up I know this game. It's Glitz n' Glam Brawl!! I wanted to play this hehaha!!

The roster looks fine tho, from a swole amazoness to a kick-ass Muay Thai girl. I also saw a couple of DeviantArt user's OCs there like Uyara (a muscular Brazilian grappler), which probably included since the maker pledged a lot... (wish I could do this to my Janis though, we would've gotten a tomboyish South African mechanic girl armed with a giant spanner and kick-ass capoeira moves)

Speaking of Muay Thai girls, I found an older version of the character named Aya Mitsumi. Apparently she's a Japanese kickboxer and she wears a pair of boxing gloves and a cropped halter top along with a miniskirt with a pair of bike shorts inside, a pair of ankle wraps, a headband and a pair of armbands. Still better than the final one though, and it's pretty uncommon to see Japanese Muay Thai girl. She looks kinda toned and fit too:
d8zh34m-0a44b08b-d088-47b8-850f-c51a1deeeb71.png

d852nyf-12ad4cbd-7f11-447e-9ad6-68c15efa67f2.gif

Anyway, the maker has a DeviantArt account though where he posts WIP sprites, artworks and gameplay:
Unfortunately, there are too few such characters, especially in the beat'em up games.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
Unfortunately, there are too few such characters, especially in the beat'em up games.

Can't agree more. Fighters Club was the first beat 'em up game in the 2010s to feature such diverse cast of zakos, and Revenge on the Streets was the first beat 'em up game to feature female Muay Thai kickboxers as zakos

Here's hoping for River City Girls to feature female wrestlers as either zakos or bosses. I've seen male wrestlers there, but I'm confident that there might be female wrestlers as well. The only zakos we seen there are schoolgirls, cheerleaders and the usual boring dominatrices. TBH, I'm sick of dominatrix zakos becoz it's just plain Linda/Poison pandering :(

Oh, I'm also hoping for KOG doing a closed beta test on Fighters Club Mobile next month like what they did to Grand Chase on 2017

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain

A zako from Dragon Valor, named Mystic Warrior. Appears to be a blonde warrior girl/amazoness and strikes a resemblance to Nina Williams from Tekken or Sophitia from Soul Calibur. Appears around 29:34

Apparently my friend from DeviantArt and Pixiv really loves this game, to the point that he wants to make a sequel if he gets a job in Bandai Namco :D

lookit

Swell Supporter
Can't agree more. Fighters Club was the first beat 'em up game in the 2010s to feature such diverse cast of zakos, and Revenge on the Streets was the first beat 'em up game to feature female Muay Thai kickboxers as zakos

Here's hoping for River City Girls to feature female wrestlers as either zakos or bosses. I've seen male wrestlers there, but I'm confident that there might be female wrestlers as well. The only zakos we seen there are schoolgirls, cheerleaders and the usual boring dominatrices. TBH, I'm sick of dominatrix zakos becoz it's just plain Linda/Poison pandering :(

Oh, I'm also hoping for KOG doing a closed beta test on Fighters Club Mobile next month like what they did to Grand Chase on 2017
Does Fighters Club have female Thai boxing enemies? I've seen many videos and pictures, but I haven't found them.

I usually don't play online games without a specific Zako. I don't have the energy to do it now.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
Does Fighters Club have female Thai boxing enemies? I've seen many videos and pictures, but I haven't found them.

I usually don't play online games without a specific Zako. I don't have the energy to do it now.

No, but they have some kung-fu/taekwondo girls though

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
Pretty cool though, and the Soozie zakos are pretty weak lmao. They can get easily KOed in one hit with a pipe into their skulls

So far the game looks good, the zakos looks hot and fine and only one missing point: no death/hurt sounds for the enemies. Since this is still a WIP build I'll wait for the final release next year :)

If being KO'd from a pipe to the skull makes you weak, then put me in the weak category!
I will be disappointed if the zako have no voices, but since this is an early version I remain hopeful.

The classic Street of Rage gals (do they have names?) it seems have all various gem names - Garnet, Diamond, Pyrop... maybe a Steven Universe reference? :P

wj1905, the gem names for the classic gals are the same as they were in Streets of Rage 3, which was released in 1994. I'm not sure when Steven Universe was released, but I doubt there is any reference there.
In the American release, Garnet's name was changed to Soozie and she donned short shorts and tights instead of a miniskirt. She was one of the first zako I really remember and remains one of my favorites, though I did not realize she was a covered-up version of the actual zako until much later.

sprites all look great but man, i dunno about the enemies. this video is just reminding me of all those openbor mods, where players have all sorts of flashy moves and the enemies are just....."i run up to you and throw a jab".

I actually agree with this criticism, although as I said earlier, I remain hopeful because this is still an early version.
One thing I would really like to see in the full release is MANY more animations for the zako. Right now it looks like they have one or two very basic attack animations and basically one pain/fall animation that is used regardless of the type of attack the hero uses on them. I'm really hoping to see more than that.

In many older games, you could smash enemies into walls and they would slide down with a falling / defeat animation that was different from the standard animation. Here's a very old example from Downtown (1989), with our brave hero smashing a metal pipe against some blonde miniskirt wearing zakos:

And another example from Vendetta (1991). In this game the heroes smashed the zakos into the background wall and also used brutal attacks on the zakos while they were lying helpless on the ground:

And yet another example from Punisher (1993):

This dynamic also exists in some more recent, amateur made games, like Porkchop & Flatscreen. In this game you can smash enemies into the background or the foreground, and each of these provides for some, well, fascinating zako animations:

In most of the modern Double Dragon games (since Double Dragon Advance, 2003) there have been multiple fall animations, ground attacks, and the ability to bounce enemies off of walls. These make for some interesting and brutal possibilities against this classic cannon fodder zako:
Double Dragon GBA Animation 05.gif

Sadly, I have a feeling the new Streets of Rage will not have anything other than one basic zako animation for falling / defeated and maybe one or two for attacking. I have noticed that many of the newer 2d "retro" games have been pretty bland when it comes to mixing up the animations. Perhaps it is because so many of these games are now fan-funded and cannot afford big investments in graphic artists, but I would still like to see some more creative animations. If game developers could create a variety of animations in 1989, surely it can be done today!

Attachments

• Punisher Animation 02.gif
    Punisher Animation 02.gif
    12.2 MB · Views: 177
Last edited:

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Man, you're totally right. This sort of detail and animation interaction is totally missing from a lot of these. There's practically none of that in the mobile games I've seen, too. It's not just that they don't do anything, the characters have no presence cause they don't interact with the environment in any way.

Lamartes

Vivacious Visitor
====Venting====
Well, about SoR4, from what they have shown so far I am not even close to be as hopeful, the lack of frames per animated hit reaction is abysmal compared to any low quality game standards. It simply hurts when I see a game where the dude uses 1 single default reaction sprite against an entire combo consisted of low, mid and high hits, and in the end of the combo, it always goes "to the air" in a single sprite and takes hit in the air with another single sprite.
There's just no excuse for this as there are many "one man team" who have more care for the animations than SoR4 devs do, it's just too damn lazy, clearly aimed as a "nostalgic" money grab and nothing else.

Still, I'm happy to know that there are other games coming up, like River City Girls, Watch Dogs Legion, 不当英雄Roguelike Hero and maybe Fighters Club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.