Do you prefer zako victory, defeat or enjoy both?

• 100% winning!

Votes: 29 14.0%
  • 100% losing!

Votes: 125 60.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 53 25.6%

• Total voters

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
So Ninja Warriors Once Again came out, and people are posting videos of it. The animation is wonderful, there's a solid bounce to the kunoichi and they do a great little wiggle before they get up.

However, they have changed the sound. This is deeply disappointing. I don't even know what kind of sound they MAKE, but it's not the cute little "ah!" they did in SNES.

Clearly, they just don't care about us. This is an outrage. This is the most important news to have come out this whole year.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
So Ninja Warriors Once Again came out, and people are posting videos of it. The animation is wonderful, there's a solid bounce to the kunoichi and they do a great little wiggle before they get up.

However, they have changed the sound. This is deeply disappointing. I don't even know what kind of sound they MAKE, but it's not the cute little "ah!" they did in SNES.

Clearly, they just don't care about us. This is an outrage. This is the most important news to have come out this whole year.

TBH, I kinda liked the new voice. Sounds more tomboyish or brattish, kinda like Shiori Izawa or Hiromi Igarashi's voice :D

Kinda fits with their tomboyish spiky hair though, while I find their old voice to be a little cliché. I respect your opinions, and there's no reason to fight here except fighting zakos

wj1905

Master of this Domain
A smal King of Fighters: Allstar level with variety of female zako:

What's the challenge in this game? it seems you can easily stunlock any enemy and most minions die in one hit.
But nice zakos for sure. Anyone manage to extract the models?

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
Alright, my next wish: make those zakos (and female bosses) playable or at least companion NPC

I've already tracked down some of the in-game events and none of them hint to any possible playable/companion zakos. They will still stay as zakos sadly. But, with KOG preparing this mysterious website, I'm hoping that Fighters Club Mobile (tentative title) will feature some of its zakos as playable characters. Probably it will be revealed on this year's G-Star (Korean counterpart of TGS and E3 but mostly focuses on MMOs and mobile games)

NOTE: If you clicked the website, you will see that the domain has been registered by KOG. It's the same as how KOG revealed Grand Chase: Dimensional Chaser back in September 2017. Maybe we'll get some details next month? Dunno

aesopn

Club Regular
A little more on River City girls...

WayForward just submitted a video featuring the character Kyoko.
In 0:21 you can see a new type of blonde zako with whips!

On the additional note, the official River city girls site is online now:
熱血硬派くにおくん外伝 リバーシティガールズ公式サイト

You can find a couple of unlisted youtube video in there showing more footage of the actual game.
For instant there is a girl in bear costume seems to share the same sprite as school girls~

Dan Druff

Club Regular

Sharing a game I've discovered recently.
Complication of modern female baddies in there.
(There's a lot of them... I can count more than 15 variations)
Some example would be: hookers, bunnies, muay thai girl, girl in suit, break dancer...
Definitely the beat'em up game of my dream!
You can get this game from Steam.

Personally I love the hot girls in black bra and short dress.
There's also a cute female boss with glasses in later level.
Wonder if someone can organize all the female zakos in this game later :)

View attachment 93368
View attachment 93369

Why does every new beat 'em up have to look like 8-bit? Every other genre seems to evolve except side-scrolling beat 'em ups. I like beat 'em ups, but it becomes annoying when they all look and play like NES titles.

wj1905

Master of this Domain
Look like Kingdom Under Fire 2 finally arrive in Europe and North America at the end of the year 2019 (I know someone will be happy to hear that)

Geez, how can you even control so many troops in real time??? Or is this just a fighting game where the strategy is only in arranging battle formations and then you have to jump in and play one hero?
I see there are some dragon-men in there. Any chance of female ones?
And was this the game with the sexy brown skinned dark elf ladies?

Why does every new beat 'em up have to look like 8-bit? Every other genre seems to evolve except side-scrolling beat 'em ups. I like beat 'em ups, but it becomes annoying when they all look and play like NES titles.
Sadly because nostalgia sells. These are marketed at us old dudes - new kids I doubt play these, they are on Fortnite and whatever is "hip" at the time. They make them pixellated and NES like to get those nostalgia vibes going. I too wish they would evolve - make them side scrolling fake-3D, like Duke Nukem Manhattan Project was, where there is a foreground and background even if you move in 2D.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain

TBH I actually wanted more early 2000s-esque 3D beat 'em up games like Spikeout, Dynamite Cop and Fighters Club. Sadly, people prefered 2D beat 'em ups over 3D, but I liked 3D more since the zakos would look more enjoyable and has more motions than in 2D. All I wanted is a new 3D beat 'em up game for Steam...

Dan Druff

Club Regular
These are marketed at us old dudes. I doubt new kids play these; they are on Fortnite and whatever is "hip" at the time. They make them pixelated and NES-like to get those nostalgia vibes going. I too wish they would evolve - make them side scrolling fake-3D, like Duke Nukem Manhattan Project was, where there is a foreground and background even if you move in 2D.

The worst offender for me is Eight Dragons on Steam. I get the joke: the developer cannot make a modern game and has to hide its lack of skill and originality behind "retro" out of laziness. The reason why games looked and played like this during the 80s was because the hardware held them back. Even with access to much better technology, they still choose to handicap themselves because they cannot think outside the box.
TBH I actually wanted more early 2000s-esque 3D beat 'em up games like Spikeout, Dynamite Cop and Fighters Club. Sadly, people prefered 2D beat 'em ups over 3D, but I liked 3D more since the zakos would look more enjoyable and has more motions than in 2D. All I wanted is a new 3D beat 'em up game for Steam.
Dynasty Warriors ruined 3D brawlers because the focus was put on body count and high combos rather than a more realistic fight scenario. Yakuza is a better example of modernizing the brawler, but this is a thread about female zako. No matter if the brawler is 2D or 3D, people can only make one type of female zako: lighter, smaller, and scantily clad. It also seems like only female zako follow a dress code if the only ones you fight are dominatrices while male zako can wear whatever they want.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain

The worst offender for me is Eight Dragons on Steam. I get the joke: the developer cannot make a modern game and has to hide its lack of skill and originality behind "retro" out of laziness. The reason why games looked and played like this during the 80s was because the hardware held them back. Even with access to much better technology, they still choose to handicap themselves because they cannot think outside the box.

Dynasty Warriors ruined 3D brawlers because the focus was put on body count and high combos rather than a more realistic fight scenario. Yakuza is a better example of modernizing the brawler, but this is a thread about female zako. No matter if the brawler is 2D or 3D, people can only make one type of female zako: lighter, smaller, and scantily clad. It also seems like only female zako follow a dress code if the only ones you fight are dominatrices while male zako can wear whatever they want.

I agree that Dynasty Warriors ruined the 3D brawler genre. Every 3D brawler nowadays has DW gameplay like the newer games of Senran Kagura. I wanted to see muscular and stronger zakos, not the regular dominatrix. I the zakos I wanna see includes martial artists, wrestlers, construction workers or maybe amazonesses

Take Fighters Club for example. They don't just have normal small feminine zakos but they also have muscular and tomboyish zakos as well. I think Fighters Club should be a standard for 3D brawler zakos

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
The worst offender for me is Eight Dragons on Steam. I get the joke: the developer cannot make a modern game and has to hide its lack of skill and originality behind "retro" out of laziness.
is the joke also that they can't make a good game? eight dragons looks legitimately bad in every gameplay video and like they have no idea what made a beat em up good in the first place.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
is the joke also that they can't make a good game? eight dragons looks legitimately bad in every gameplay video and like they have no idea what made a beat em up good in the first place.

I already saw the trailer and all that I can say is River City Girls is already shitting over this game. If you wanna see retro done right go see Streets of Rage 4 and River City Girls. Eight Dragons is a mega rip-off. Not to mention the gameplay looks stale and the zakos are too monotonic and blobby. All of them are just women in dresses and/or sports bras

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.