Do you prefer zako victory, defeat or enjoy both?

• 100% winning!

Votes: 29 14.0%
  • 100% losing!

Votes: 125 60.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 53 25.6%

• Total voters

Abaddon the Destroyer

Club Regular
I found a disk image for Target Terror on the Wii, but I've hit a wall in extracting the files. Turns out the individual animations are saved as ".bikswap" files, but neither RAD Video Tools nor Dragon Unpacker can make heads or tails of them.
Well, you certainly are one step ahead of me. Maybe someone has a solution to this problem.

I managed to extract the sprite sheets of the roller girl from Streets of Fury:
dxLHd6k.jpg

HkMEAiK.jpg

kaSW4Sx.jpg

5MxEkcr.jpg

XLdUN9D.jpg

dZREygH.jpg

yhpEJAd.jpg

Kh8V6Za.jpg

SwX5g4o.jpg

GMO5Jqv.jpg

FyX9c0T.jpg

bBfQBYX.jpg

Last edited:

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
hm, always wanted to look at the sprites to see if the game had any ryona potential. are there any grabs or stuff in that? every bit of gameplay i watched made it look insanely simple and never had any hope

Abaddon the Destroyer

Club Regular
hm, always wanted to look at the sprites to see if the game had any ryona potential. are there any grabs or stuff in that? every bit of gameplay i watched made it look insanely simple and never had any hope
Those are all the game sprites available, I am afraid.

I found a disk image for Target Terror on the Wii, but I've hit a wall in extracting the files. Turns out the individual animations are saved as ".bikswap" files, but neither RAD Video Tools nor Dragon Unpacker can make heads or tails of them.
I came across the same problem as you. Does anybody have a clue as to how to convert this odd files? I see some zako potential here...

Inside the ISO, in the AVI folder, there is a BigActors folder, with some solace: the videos of the civilians, the terrorist complete incoming/exit sequences, the samples of two unused terrorist outfits (can't say unused terrorists, since the actresses are already among the enemies). Oh, and at some point you can apparently shoot the news anchor in the head and at the belly:

The good thing is that the game sounds are ready for use.

I uploaded the relevant files here:

MediaFire

kubi mage

Club Regular
Yeah I looked at them as well, but whatever a .bikswap is it's not a common file format. Which is odd since the Wii seems okay with reading it, so they're probably either encrypted or compressed in some way. There are slightly larger versions of the files in the resize directory, so I'm guessing they were scaled down as well.

The "big actors" files are all from the Target: Force version of the game, which is E-rated so there's no blood or death animations. So that's probably why the deaths aren't in that folder and some enemy and civilian types are excluded entirely.

EDIT:
Hmm, the game has a macro folder which seems to contain script for enemies and levels. Does the game work okay in Dolphin? If the bikswap thing doesn't get figured out, maybe an alternate route could be modding the game to have all female zako, assuming the script doesn't need any special parsing for the game to use it.

Last edited:

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
I get the feeling the .bikswap is just a collection of the .bik movies that the game uses for its animations. No clue how to dang open it though, and it seems the internet hasn't even heard of that file format until now.

Abaddon the Destroyer

Club Regular
Kudos to burom!

Pardon for the annoyance, but it's been a while since I last used Python. May I ask which is the usage for this script? It would be very appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT:
Yeah I looked at them as well, but whatever a
Hmm, the game has a macro folder which seems to contain script for enemies and levels. Does the game work okay in Dolphin? If the bikswap thing doesn't get figured out, maybe an alternate route could be modding the game to have all female zako, assuming the script doesn't need any special parsing for the game to use it.
I was in the process of modding the game, but it doesn't seem to be necessary after all...

Last edited:

burom

Master of this Domain
Pardon for the annoyance, but it's been a while since I last used Python. May I ask which is the usage for this script? It would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Open a Python shell in the folder above the folder with the bikswap files, import os and shutil, define each function (copy, paste and run each "def" block), and run the main() function with the folder as the argument.

Or just use these: MEGA

Abaddon the Destroyer

Club Regular
Nice indeed!

I have been tinkering with Target: Terror files in an attempt to assess whether a mod can be made, but as I build an ISO, Dolphin rejects it. Is there any special consideration to be had in order to compile a Wii ISO? Thanks!

kubi mage

Club Regular
Nice! Good job burom.

Wow, they even left some unused enemies and civilians on the disc too. I definitely don't remember this "britred" zako, they probably cut her out because she wasn't wearing sunglasses like the rest of the enemies.

wj1905

Master of this Domain
Thanks for those extracts! Here is something new, or rather, old - a horrible game called Dark Vampires. It's a shooter, but you are stationary and the game is severely broken. But there are some sexy vampire chicks there. The video is from a hungarian reviewer of bad games.

Oddly, the Hungarian version seems to have been dumbed down - in the German one, you can actually move and the enemies also shoot. The game is still crap mind you, but there are different zako types too.

Last edited:

wj1905

Master of this Domain
Those are all the game sprites available, I am afraid.

I came across the same problem as you. Does anybody have a clue as to how to convert this odd files? I see some zako potential here...

Inside the ISO, in the AVI folder, there is a BigActors folder, with some solace: the videos of the civilians, the terrorist complete incoming/exit sequences, the samples of two unused terrorist outfits (can't say unused terrorists, since the actresses are already among the enemies). Oh, and at some point you can apparently shoot the news anchor in the head and at the belly:

The good thing is that the game sounds are ready for use.

I uploaded the relevant files here:

MediaFire

Thanks for the extracts, but could you use Mega please? Mediafire is not only terribly outdated, but I cannot download multiple files in one go unless I am a paying user... and why pay for a service Mega already provides better and for free? Meaning all these 1MB bik files take ages to download one by one.

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Nice work everyone! This is some great stuff!

If you look around a bit, you can find DARK VAMPIRES to download. I found it here. It works, but it's pretty bare bones. It's a bad game. The female sounds and models are good, though. I like the death animations, but it's a shame the game unloads the corpses. I bet you could replace the GODDAMN LOUD gun sounds with quieter ones without much trouble so you can hear better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.