BDO Toolkit - A .NET modding library for Black Desert Online (4 Viewers)

emerarudoshedo

Potential Patron
I have ran as admin, removed any conflicting software, (anti-virus) and even tried running in developer mode, still the same error. Even unistalled everything and tried again. I don't understand what it could be. It works just fine on my other laptop running Windows 8, but on my new laptop running Windows 10, I get the error message.

emerarudoshedo

Potential Patron
Thanks I'll give that a shot. That may have been mentioned before and I just missed it. Just got this new laptop yesterday so trying to set everything up again. Plus having to make the learning transition from Windows 8 to 10.

emerarudoshedo

Potential Patron
Alright so I uninstalled everything, unblocked in properties, removed 3rd party antivirus, disabled Windows defenders, and then reinstalled everything. When trying to install bdo toolkit I am still receiving the gac access denied error. Resorepless installs just fine, just having issues with the bdo toolkit. Am I missing something? Everything installs just fine on my laptop running Windows 8. It's just not working on my Windows 10.

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
I'm really not sure why this happens, and I've never been able to reproduce it to address it, you could try manually dropping the files (BDO Toolkit.dll and the policy files) into the GAC folder but that's all I can really think of.

mahdude

Potential Patron
So this will be a bit of a long story because i want to give as much details as possible so you could have a easier time understand what type of problems i got, i need some help with Restore N' Patch and BDO Tool kit. I was using Suzu's nude mod and decided to do some changes to the files in files_to_patch, after i ran meta injector my Restore N' Patch wouldn't work and it show me some errors (sorry but i forgot to pic the error).

After that i tried various way to fix it, end up making a mistake by deleting the back up meta file that meta injector created and another back up meta from a program called 3d converter. Now whenever i tried to launch Restore N' Patch, it keep showing this :
Untitled2.png

Even though my BDO Tool kit is already installed :
Untitled.png

I've tried stuffs like : delete & redownload the whole game, reinstalling BDO Toolkit, replacing all the files in PAZ folders (except game files) and it still doesn't work. Notes : The server i'm playing on is Gamez BD (it's using the NA client), i ran meta injector/BDO Tool Kit/ Restore N' Patch as administrator and i also have BDO on Steam.

mahdude

Potential Patron
BDO Toolkit 1.4.0 is a work in progress build and was not meant to be public and is not meant to be installed.
So is there any tip or safety procedures for me to completely remove it from my game? i just want to install mods and i'm fearing that something might happen if i just casually remove it and install BDO Toolkit 1.3.0.

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
The library is installed into your copy of windows for other programs/tools utilizing it to have access to it, it does not affect the game.

kaedekins

Potential Patron
Hopefully OP still manages this from time to time. I've been having issues with Restore n Patch recently.
restore n patch.png

I get this error exception and then the program crashes and freezes the BDO launcher. It was working fine about 2 weeks ago.

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
Meta Injector and Restore N' Patch have been updated, this update does not address the detection in regions that have been blocked, just a minor update to address some bugs and the inconvenience for users with XIGNCODE popups.

A small "anti-measure" has been integrated into both tools (and in Better Stats' future update), the programs will change their own hash to a random hash upon first execution, this should be seamless but if you're greeted with the prompt about the program needing to restart, please report your Windows version, the game install location and your locale (language/region).

Meta Injector also received a couple of back-ported launch arguments from the future version of the tool:
-files "path/to/files" will let you change the directory in which Meta Injector will look for files to patch from the default "files_to_patch" directory to any folder you wish. You can use this if you have an alternate version of your mods that you'd like to use.
-paz num where "num" is a number, this specifies the Paz archive index to use, from 7777 up to 99999. Note that the archive index auto-increments at runtime when the next file to be added to the archive would result it to exceed 100MB.

You can use both of these features together to separate your patches to different stages or to create "overrides", patching your existing patch without needing to repatch all the files, for example, changing an outfit mod to a different one. Note that a game restart is still required, and if any archive files that are currently in use by the game are being modified, either an error in the program or a game crash/corruption will occur, restoring backup will address the corruption.

_legacy patches are still available and should remain functional for most file formats (known exceptions are textures), you should still be able to use it to do things such as change models on the fly by replacing the file while the game is running (the legacy patched files will be copied to the game's root directory, with folder structures maintained, for example Black Desert Online/character/model/1_pc/3_pew/armor/9_upperbody/pew_00_ub_0006.pac, those are the files that you replace), changes should be visible the next time the game attempts to access the file (when characters come into render distance, a character changes outfit, when you preview the outfit in the pearl shop, etc). You may still occasionally crash when the game attempts to access the file as it's being replaced, but it should otherwise be as smooth as it once was.
Read the Meta Injector 1.3.0 change logs for how to create legacy patches.

This update also makes it very clear that "Let the program decide" is not a supported patching method.

Lightstalker

Avid Affiliate
How does changing models on the fly work? Won't the game anticheat kick you out if you try?

Also, the pac-dae convertor does not work with newer .pac files.

Nicknero

3D Artist
Coder
Modder
Editor
Absolute fantastic work on the Meta Patcher!
I am luckily on EU which isn't blocked yet. But I am super happy to see you have found a solution for all the people from other regions and I am excited to welcome (back) a lot of community members and expand the modding "team" even further. ^^
Good times ahead!

kimslf

Casual Client
Thank you for opening up another area
It's said that it's an area where you can't donate.
Is there any other way?

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
Thank you for opening up another area
It's said that it's an area where you can't donate.
Is there any other way?
Unfortunately no, no other way right now, but I appreciate you trying.
pad00000[2022-07-31][3569].meta.backup <- this is my meta backup
I use Meta Patcher to play Nude mod in KR server.
but after server chose, game get lag and crashed.
need your help
If you get past the login screen, the tool has done it's job, crashing after server select usually means you either patched incorrectly and orphaned some files, or that you're using outdated gamecommondata files.

bfew

Potential Patron
Q: The program says "An unmodified backup is required."
A: If the game just updated, you probably ran the tools in the wrong order and a backup currently does not exist. If a backup does exist, then it may have been tampered with as mods are detected with it.

I'm not sure what you mean by wrong order.
Replacing the backup file I saved before patching didn't help

Nicknero

3D Artist
Coder
Modder
Editor
Q: The program says "An unmodified backup is required."
A: If the game just updated, you probably ran the tools in the wrong order and a backup currently does not exist. If a backup does exist, then it may have been tampered with as mods are detected with it.

I'm not sure what you mean by wrong order.
Replacing the backup file I saved before patching didn't help
You need an unmodded backup file of the *current* game version along with the modded meta file that you wish to use.
So update the game fully, delete all backups you have of older versions, then run meta injector to install your mods (Which also creates a new backup for you) and then use Meta Patcher as instructed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.