BDO Toolkit - A .NET modding library for Black Desert Online (1 Viewer)

bfew

Potential Patron
You need an unmodded backup file of the *current* game version along with the modded meta file that you wish to use.
So update the game fully, delete all backups you have of older versions, then run meta injector to install your mods (Which also creates a new backup for you) and then use Meta Patcher as instructed.
solved! Thank you

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
Thank you for opening up another area
It's said that it's an area where you can't donate.
Is there any other way?
If you're still interested in donating, you can try to do so via my profile on GitHub Sponsors, since it's handled by a third party I believe there shouldn't be any transaction issues. This should link to one-time payments instead of recurring: Sponsor @UndercoverPervert on GitHub Sponsors

kimslf

Casual Client
If you're still interested in donating, you can try to do so via my profile on GitHub Sponsors, since it's handled by a third party I believe there shouldn't be any transaction issues. This should link to one-time payments instead of recurring: Sponsor @UndercoverPervert on GitHub Sponsors
thank you for your hard work.
I don't know English, so I don't know if it was delivered well to you.

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
Meta Patcher version 1.1.0 is now public and includes the following changes:
  • Improved automatic backup selection.
  • Better feedback when a backup does not exist.
  • Better feedback when the current meta file is unmodded.
  • Updated startup notice to mention GitHub as another official source of the tools.
This update was first made available to my sponsors on GitHub on August 8th, if my work enhances your experience and you would like to support the development of future updates and gain early access to updates or work-in-progress tools, please consider sponsoring me.

kimslf

Casual Client
The Korean server did a patch today.
The new Meta Patcher version 1.1.0 was also installed, but the server selection failed.
Did I do something wrong?

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
If you get past the login screen, the tool did it's job, if you crash when selecting a server it's because you patched something incorrectly, either removed a file and didn't restore backup before patching again, or using outdated/corrupted gamecommondata

kimslf

Casual Client
If you get past the login screen, the tool did it's job, if you crash when selecting a server it's because you patched something incorrectly, either removed a file and didn't restore backup before patching again, or using outdated/corrupted gamecommondata
Thank you for your answer!
It was my mistake. There was a strange file in it.

shinamashiro14

3D Artist
¿Hice algo mal? o ya no funciona
:hurston-waffles:

bdo.PNG

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
PartCutGen is now available for everyone!
The tool will simplify the process of managing the partcutdesc file and also allows modders who share content to bundle a file with exclusions specific to their mod.

Note that you would need to move, remove or rename (add a dot or underscore prefix) any partcutdesc.xml file you have in files_to_patch that would override the file generated. You would also need to list all your exclusions in partcutdesc_exclusions.txt in the Paz folder, you can use your old partcutdesc for reference (if you've previously commented lines, you'd list the file paths in the exclusions file instead).

This tool was first available to sponsors, if you'd like to support my work and/or gain early access to updates or work-in-progress tools, consider sponsoring me.

Last edited:

Dtvvvv

Potential Patron
Hi, when I open Meta Patcher.exe it just pop up a window and the program ended itself. I tried run it in compatibility mode but nothing changed. I also find other player has same issue, we both are win11 system so I think the problem is win11(Microsoft don't make win11 have a win10 compatibility mode). Do you know any method to solve it?

Sp1k3

2D Artist
Coder
Designer
Editor
If my tools enhance your experience, please consider supporting me with a sponsorship on GitHub Sponsors, it'll be greatly appreciated.
Sponsors may receive early access to updates and to work-in-progress tools.

Table of contents

BDO Toolkit
A .NET modding library for Black Desert Online

Requirements

Installation/Usage
  1. Download the archive anywhere on your computer.
  2. Unzip all the files in the archive.
  3. Open the executable "BDOToolkit Installer.exe".
  4. Press 1 then enter, and then any key to exit. You're done!
Developers only: Reference your projects to BDOToolkit.dll.
Note that redistribution of the library is prohibited, users will install the library to the GAC (Global Assembly Cache), and your project will load the library from the GAC (handled automatically by the .NET Framework) on their machine, this is so that projects that were not updated to the library's latest changes (such as bug fixes) do not roll back users. DO NOT include BDOToolkit.dll while redistributing your project, link to this thread instead.

FAQ
Q: Who is it for?
A: For mod developers to code with, and for users to install so that projects using the library may access it.

Q: Can I include the library in my project's/mod pack's archive?
A: No, redistribution is prohibited to prevent version conflicts, the GAC installation will provide the relevant projects with the library.

Q: Can I see the source code?
A: Not at the moment, no. The library is in serious need of clean up, refactoring and optimizations, the source code will not be made available at this time.

Q: Documentation?
A: Sadly not available yet. Documentation will be available in the library with future updates.

Meta Injector
A port of Meta Injector which utilizes the library.

Requirements

Installation/Usage
  2. Unzip "Meta Injector.exe" to your game's "Paz" folder.
  3. Copy your modified files to the sub-folder "files_to_patch" in your game's "Paz" folder
  4. Run "Meta Injector.exe" and follow the menu instructions.

Meta Patcher *NEW*
Applies a correcting patch to meta files to allow mods to work once again.

Requirements
  • .NET 6
  • BDO Toolkit 1.3.0 Embedded since .NET no longer supports the GAC (Global Assembly Cache).
  • A functional backup of the meta file (that allows you to play the game normally) that the library can detect (created automatically by Meta Injector).

Installation/Usage
  2. Unzip "Meta Patcher.exe" to your game's "Paz" folder.
  3. Apply your mods with other tools such as Meta Injector.
  4. Run "Meta Patcher.exe", if told the patching was done successfully you should be able to enter the game with mods.

FAQ
Q: Who is it for?/Who needs this?
A: Every player that wishes to use mods on an official PA server that "blocks" mods (currently that's every region except NA/EU).

Q: The program won't open, what am I doing wrong?
A: Make sure .NET 6 is installed, if it is, run a repair with the .NET 6 installer.

Q: The program says "An unmodified backup is required."
A (v1.1.0+): The most recent backup of the current game version is modded, remove it and run a repair with the game launcher. Modded backups only happen when using outdated tools (such older versions of Resorepless), please avoid using those.
A (v1.0.0): If the game just updated, you probably ran the tools in the wrong order and a backup currently does not exist. If a backup does exist, then it may have been tampered with as mods are detected with it.

Q: The program says it's "Unable to generate match!"
A: If you're playing on OFFICIAL servers by Pearl Abyss, please upload a copy of the automatically generated backup and your current meta file and name the region you play on.

Restore N' Patch
A launcher wrapper for Black Desert Online to avoid repairs during updates

Requirements

Installation/Usage
  2. Unzip the archive's contents to your game's "Paz" folder.
  3. Create a shortcut to "Restore N' Patch.exe" on your desktop (or wherever you normally launch the game from).
  4. Use the shortcut from now on to run the game. No longer fearing a sudden update triggering a file recheck.

FAQ
Q: What does it do?
A: The program restores the latest backup of the meta file, and launches the game's launcher, waiting for the launcher's closure, the program then attempts to find the game's process to suspend it, the program will then check if the meta file was updated, if not, the original patched meta will be restored, if it was updated, the program will execute compatible programs to patch the meta file.

Q: Does the program have to run as Administrator?
A: Yes, Black Desert Online runs as Administrator, and for the program to have access to suspend and later resume the process, the program has to have elevated permissions.

blahblahblah I'll finish this post later, you all are going mad while you wait...
You're such an amazing programmer! I took a peak at your code, is insane. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• 2023-01-28_190068365.JPG
    2023-01-28_190068365.JPG
    909.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 2023-01-30_23904952.JPG
    2023-01-30_23904952.JPG
    639.2 KB · Views: 150
  • 2023-01-30_15234249.JPG
    2023-01-30_15234249.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 148
  • 2023-01-30_17078419.JPG
    2023-01-30_17078419.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 147

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.