BDO Toolkit - A .NET modding library for Black Desert Online (2 Viewers)

h4iterr

Potential Patron
Editing the texture a model uses with a hex editor is not the right way to do it. The library contains parsing code for Pac files (currently supporting two versions of the format, there are some unsupported versions and types of the format, mostly to do with certain customization aspects), it is capable of changing texture names for each of the meshes in a model, to any length that you'd like (unlike hex editing which would have you restricted to the same length).
I've actually always struggled with the hex editing method due to the length limit you mentioned, and now you're saying you have a solution for that? Wow! But the way I understand it, it's just a function in the library, and someone would have to code an app for that, right? And while we're at it: Some models use extra textures with suffixes like "_em" for extra effects, would those be detected automatically or is that some sort of attribute in the model, as well?
Also thanks for the legacy support! I really wanted that to try out mods on the fly, while the game is running, but I also really hate just asking for things all the time. I'm going to try this out ASAP.

Boss

Potential Patron
Thank you for all the updates! I do have a quick question about the BDO Toolkit that has been bothering me for a couple of days now...

Are the "Speed Hackers" using your library tool in any way shape or form? idk if I remember you saying something about how your tool isn't being used to it full potential here?

I am just a little concerned since i do not want to be associated with that crowd, if bans start to roll out. (Ive been using your releases since the first you made...)
I have no knowledge on what all being is being done behind the scenes with the implantation of the BDO Tool with the Meta_Injector program. idk how the library works with the dll.

Just asking, thanks. :)
(sorry for my ignorance)

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
No, they do not use the library as far as I know, the library does however open a path to exploits and would continue to do so as support for more formats and special files are added, the intent isn't to facilitate any exploits, but to allow us to mod more things in general, exploits are a byproduct due to the awful way the game is coded, it's (the game) basically peer to peer with a server just relaying the information instead of it being directly sent from one player to another, this causes many issues, for example whenever I end up supporting the game's massive database file which contains information about items, quests, equips, rewards, skills, and almost anything in the game, I could tell the game that a skill has lower/no cooldown, does more damage, has more CC/protection, could be hotkeyed, etc, and it would work, because they made the servers trust the client way too much, something that anyone with a decent number of brain cells knows not to do, you should NEVER trust the client with a server implementation, but then again every Korean game I ever played employed baboons for devs.

Kiko Doragon

Potential Patron
I got this error message when running Restore N' Patch.exe, how to fix it?

Attachments

• Annotation.png
    Annotation.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 343

andreyka909

Potential Patron
Seems like it doesnt patch textures after 22.08.18 update (Black Desert Remastered) even if it says they are patched they are remain unchanged

Y

yoxer

hello ,im new to modding on Bdo can anyone help with a little guide or something and there is any pre made mods "mod pack" or something to use i dnno how to make em my self ?!

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
Probably an antivirus denying access due to "low reputation" (usually Symantec products like Norton, when a program isn't used by many of their users). Try disabling your antivirus.

jasonczx

Potential Patron
Probably an antivirus denying access due to "low reputation" (usually Symantec products like Norton, when a program isn't used by many of their users). Try disabling your antivirus.

The first thing I did after setting up my laptop was deleting Norton software and get Bitdefender installed. But even with all the antivirus function disabled, the installer still showing this error message. I had to bypass the installer by manually copying entire GAC_MSIL folder from my old PC to the new one and then run the resorepless.exe...

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
I know you resolved the issue through a workaround but it would help if you could try to perform these steps to see if they allow the installation process to work:
Remove the extracted BDO Toolkit Installer files, right click -> properties on the BDO Toolkit Installer archive, press "Unblock", extract the contents of the archive again and see if the installation runs properly (you may need to select "uninstall" first to get an accurate result).
This generally isn't supposed to be required, the installer itself doesn't get unblocked but it runs code to unblock the other files so that they could be installed, perhaps with certain system configurations/settings the installer needs to be unblocked too.

jasonczx

Potential Patron
Followed your instruction and it finally worked out. First the installer still showing the error message, but after some time (probably a reboot as well), I ran the installer again and it said successed.

kaedekins

Potential Patron
The first thing I did after setting up my laptop was deleting Norton software and get Bitdefender installed. But even with all the antivirus function disabled, the installer still showing this error message. I had to bypass the installer by manually copying entire GAC_MSIL folder from my old PC to the new one and then run the resorepless.exe...
Where do you find the GAC_MSIL directory? I tried every single workaround mentioned here and I can't get BDOToolkit to go past "access is denied".

emerarudoshedo

Potential Patron
i am receiving this message when i try to install bdotoolkit.

Failed to install BDO Toolkit to the Global Assembly Cache:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at BDOToolkit_Installer.GACUtil.InstallAssembly(String path, Boolean forceRefresh)
at BDOToolkit_Installer.Program.Install()

Press any key to exit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.