alternate loader template, version 3 (1 Viewer)

Iago

Content Creator
Thanks for the answer, stuntcock, this is what I'm getting with the debugger:
(Edited)

I include the .fla archive of one of the mods that's causing problems, in case you want to have a look at it.

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
this is what I'm getting with the debugger
I can't reproduce the error when using the Aviator Goggles file. It loads properly and gets removed during Reset without any incidents.

Since the error occurs consistently for you, it's presumably being triggered by something in your Mods\$INIT$\Mods.txt list.

I include the .fla archive of one of the mods that's causing problems, in case you want to have a look at it.
There's one minor nitpick:

Code:
charData = "Aviator Goggles";

The charData string is used to embed a partial charCode into your mod. You might set the girl's arm position (e.g. handcuffs - put both arms on her legs so that the cuffs will be visible) or adjust her breast size (e.g. for a top which lacks breast slider support). If a mod provides RGB support, then it might look quite strange when it's first loaded (because the RGB sliders were set to black) - or the mod might be invisible (because the Alpha slider was set to zero). You can avoid this problem by including default RGB settings in your charData string. This mod is supposed to appear golden, so its charData is set to "cuffs:,255,230,85,1;"

You can include a complete charCode in the charData field, but it's usually inappropriate. "I loaded a pair of sandals ... and suddenly the girl's hair changed color and the guy's penis became larger! WTF!"

The point is: putting the name of your mod into this field is inappropriate. The name won't do any harm, but it means that you're not making full use of the modding features.

Quick example: you could revamp your negligee mod so that it would present its current appearance when the Alpha setting is 0.4. You could then set the Alpha value to 0.4 in the charData string. When the NegligeeV2 mod is loaded, it would appear the same as NegligeeV1. Users would then have the ability to make the negligee more transparent (which they can already do with NegligeeV1) or more opaque (which they can't currently do) by playing with the slider.

Iago

Content Creator
Ok, I had the TemplateExtensionV5_sby.swf twice in the Mods. txt for some reason. I had removed it and now it seems to work fine. Thanks for your time, advice and patience :smile:. I'll remove the image now that it has served its purpose.

Jaxx

Content Creator
Hello guys,
sorry to dig out this thread 6 years later, even though it's stuck up, but has anyone found how to fix the left calf layering order issue?
When I publish a bottom or legwear mod with this (very nice) template, the left calf clothing layer happens to be under the left thigh clothing layer (that is ok), but ABOVE the left thigh body part (and that, is however very unfortunate).
Sans titre-2.png
I've been trying to change it, looked on the forum, but can't find what should I change to set this layer to the correct depth order.

Last edited:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
this is more of a question of how vanilla sdt should layer things
this is how it is currently layered, and how i think it could be rearranged to better work:
upload_2018-3-29_17-15-32.png

(with things on the bottom of the list being visually above the others)

however, this would still have the issue of left calf bottoms being visually above her left thigh. the thigh would need to be moved up further between calf bottoms and thigh costume
something like this:
upload_2018-3-29_17-23-52.png

Last edited:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
it could probably be a simple $init mod, similar to the template extension.
however, i would make it separate since this would change layering of what previous artists expected.

i don't think it will be difficult, just a matter if it breaks animtools xD

Jaxx

Content Creator
Oh please mate, do not break animtools! The community won't recover from this! :grin:
Actually, the use to layer left calf behind the left thigh is directly related to animtools, as it's never seen in the default position.
Such a mod would probably reopen some bottoms and legwear possibilities, such as stockings, which rely on transparancy :smile:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Jaxx Jaxx
try this out and see if it does the stuff

edit - uploaded to resouce manager
leglayermove

also, could you grab a screenshot just like your previous one after you loaded the mod?
i would like to use it for the mod thumbnail for a before and after comparasion.

Last edited:

Jaxx

Content Creator
Oh man! Just as it should be, very nice!
You can be sure I'll link your mod when I'll upload this fishnet stockings one :wink:

Sans titre-2.png

Jaxx

Content Creator
Since we're talking about layering, there is something else I'd like to ask you, but I'm afraid it's not something that has to be changed into the template, if so, I'll open another appropriate thread.
Do you think it would be possible to add another layer for the static and dynamic background templates that would come over everything, especialy SDT Characters.
Right now, I'm using some custom backgrounds with another png file displayed with the SET_OVERLAY trigger from DrZombi's MoreTrigger Mod. It works, but the png stretching in the overlay isn't as smooth as the background.
To load an swf background with backward and forward layers would be really awesome, and it's the only way that an animated background could be used with a layer above everything else (a layer that could also be animated of course).

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Oh man! Just as it should be, very nice!
You can be sure I'll link your mod when I'll upload this fishnet stockings one :wink:

View attachment 71409
thanks for the pic
edit - also, uploaded the mod to the resource manager

Since we're talking about layering, there is something else I'd like to ask you, but I'm afraid it's not something that has to be changed into the template, if so, I'll open another appropriate thread.
Do you think it would be possible to add another layer for the static and dynamic background templates that would come over everything, especialy SDT Characters.
Right now, I'm using some custom backgrounds with another png file displayed with the SET_OVERLAY trigger from DrZombi's MoreTrigger Mod. It works, but the png stretching in the overlay isn't as smooth as the background.
To load an swf background with backward and forward layers would be really awesome, and it's the only way that an animated background could be used with a layer above everything else (a layer that could also be animated of course).
i could add another modtype, but then it would only be able to be used with swf backgrounds. if moretriggers can do png and swf, perhaps just tweaking the code to stretch better would be the easiest solution

Last edited:

Jaxx

Content Creator
Can you post it?
I didn't make a position, I just went to the loader tab and grossly changed the right and left thigh angle, just for the purpose of what sby asked, it was a matter of seconds, I didn't save it :grin:
But if you can't reproduce it, I'll take a few more seconds to provide it to you :smile:

if moretriggers can do png and swf, perhaps just tweaking the code to stretch better would be the easiest solution
No, moretriggers SET_OVERLAY do not handle swf files, only images files with flash blending properties.
Oh it's a nice feature for sure, but I'm trying to use it in a way where it doesn't offer the best result.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
posted little update to the template, armwear symbols needed to be duplicated because was using the body symbols

tm2dragon

Potential Patron
I notice that there are two files to download. Are we supposed to download both? If so, in which order, and where do they go?

Sorry if t his is basic stuff. Read up on things, but I couldn't figure out where to put loader expansions. ^^;

sby

Content Creator
Coder
I notice that there are two files to download. Are we supposed to download both? If so, in which order, and where do they go?

Sorry if t his is basic stuff. Read up on things, but I couldn't figure out where to put loader expansions. ^^;
they are the same zip file, one is hosted on the site through the resource manager, and the other is hosted on mediafire

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.