alternate loader template, version 3 (1 Viewer)

sby

Content Creator
Coder
The new Modtypes created by this require the LOADER

alternate loader template V3_3_2: this template is an extension of konashion's vanilla template.
sby alternate loader template

changes in 3_3_2 - legwear and legwearB now have chest, chestover, back, and backover layers in template. requires templateextensionV6 to use the new layers.

alternate loader template V3_1: this template is an extension of konashion's vanilla template.
download: 7/14/2018 - SDTMods_sbyTemplate3_1.zip

changes in 3_1 - body and armwear were using the same symbols. duplicated the armwear symbols you can make a body and armwear mod in the same file.

alternate loader template V3: this template is an extension of konashion's vanilla template.
download: 10/23/2014 - Box
download: 10/23/2014 - SDTMods_sbyTemplate3.zip

alternate loader template V2: this template is an extension of konashion's vanilla template.
download: 7/25/2014 - Box

alternate loader template V1: this template is an extension of konashion's vanilla template.
download: 12/21/2013 - Box

new modtypes supported:
- armwear
- ankle cuffs
- cuffs
- legwear + legwearB
- panties
- bra
- overtop
- dynamic hair over extended

changes in V3: added new modtype 'CostumeOverTop' which goes over the Top modtype. requires loader 5.41 or greater to use this modtype
also added dynamic hair over extended layer option to the hair template, which goes over even more things than the hair over does

• how to create mods with this template:
    create mods using the same process used with the vanilla template.

• some specific notes:
    legwearB is the legwear '+' layer in the game. legwearB is above the other legwear modtype.

• some examples i put together for testing purposes (includes example mods and their templates) :
    download: 12/22/2013 - Box
    edit: 7/15/2015, added SDTMods folder project dependency just in case you wanted to recompile them

• my mod 'moreclothing' is compatible with the new modtypes defined by this template

comparing the templates:
- loader template manually places components where they should go, and registers with the loader to remove them on reset.
- vanilla template hands a collection of components categorized into modtypes to vanilla code to handle.
- alternate template does the same as vanilla template, but uses a mods plugin included with the loader to be able to hand over new modtypes

some discussion:
MG [20|Dec 12:26 am]: Doesn't this offer more functionality?
sby [20|Dec 05:57 pm]: not really 'more functionality' .. more like 'more maintainable'. The mods created just say what they are with the modtype, while code maintained by loader plugin updates can fix or add further functionality
sby [20|Dec 05:59 pm]: example would be body mods. they have been around for a while, and became bugged when handjob mode showed up. there are still lots of body mods on the forums, and they most likely will not change
sby [20|Dec 06:00 pm]: but how they are treated can be patched and updated with changes (or changes that have already happened)
sby [20|Dec 06:04 pm]: adding more functionality to the template is a matter of creating new template assemblies, and then updating the plugin code to support it

why i did this:
- not all of the clothing menus have the corresponding modtype supported.
- a lot of advanced vanilla mods use the incorrect modtype to place things in the right area, but on the wrong layer. body mods are used as armwear, and bottom mods are used as legwear.
- another loader mod i am working on can be much more complete with the other modtypes defined.

why use this?
if you are not using the new modtypes and you are going for strictly vanilla, you probably shouldn't, considering it still requires the loader to insert the mods plugin. Then again, the question rises if most users use vanilla instead of the loader. IMO, vanilla is really a beginners step towards getting used to SDT; if people stick around long enough, i am sure they convert over to the loader way.

you will want to use this if you don't care the vanilla only people, want to use the new modtypes, and trust in modguy and i's programming.

at this stage, i don't expect artists to use this for doing requests and such, but i wanted to throw it out there so people become aware of its existence. maybe some freelance modders will try it out for kicks.

Attachments

• templates.png
    templates.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 35,613
  • starterexampleswritten.png
    starterexampleswritten.png
    185.8 KB · Views: 24,516
Last edited:

mike

Casual Client
Re: alternate loader template

Nice, you finished what kona didn't, sort of. The lack of forearm layer is what kept me from even considering converting mods to vanilla or using the vanilla template. This might still not be my first choice for loader mods but thanks for offering the possibility.

WeeWillie

Content Creator

I tried using this template to just recreate your example SDTModcuffs.swf, but when I open it in Flash CC and tried to publish, I got the following error.

1120:Access of undefined property ModTypes.

I haven't changed anything. This is just publishing your SDTModcuffs.fla example. Is there something additional I need to do to set up my environment? Does this not work with Flash CC?

EDIT: Under further experimentation, I noticed with the basic STDMod.fla, there are files ModElements.as, ModPackage.as, and ModTypes.as. However, CUFFS wasn't defined in those, so I still got the following error:
1119:Access of possibly undefined property CUFFS through a reference with a static type class.

Do you have you own ModTypes.as that includes enumerations?

sby

Content Creator
Coder

WeeWillie said:
I tried using this template to just recreate your example SDTModcuffs.swf, but when I open it in Flash CC and tried to publish, I got the following error.

1120:Access of undefined property ModTypes.

I haven't changed anything. This is just publishing your SDTModcuffs.fla example. Is there something additional I need to do to set up my environment? Does this not work with Flash CC?

EDIT: Under further experimentation, I noticed with the basic STDMod.fla, there are files ModElements.as, ModPackage.as, and ModTypes.as. However, CUFFS wasn't defined in those, so I still got the following error:
1119:Access of possibly undefined property CUFFS through a reference with a static type class.

Do you have you own ModTypes.as that includes enumerations?
sweet, somebody actually tried out the template :D

yeah, i made a note of it, but forgot to include the folder that has the typical definitions. i updated the download link to included the SDTMods folder with the actionscript files that have the new modtypes defined. oops on my part, all of my stuff was sharing the same folder, and i forgot to include it xD

popping that folder wherever you have your current fla should work

WeeWillie

Content Creator

That worked dandy. I'm having new troubles, and I'm sure its just due to me being a Flash noob, but try as I might reading tutorials here and elsewhere on the web, I'm still stuck.

In the bra template for example, I want to remove the grey body. The tutorials states "draw into the empty layer", but the layer is obviously not empty: it contains the body guide. The layer has the body type outlined in blue when I highlight it. I Break Apart the object so I can delete the grey body, and leave the colored line. If I Publish, the layer doesn't show. I then Combine Objects -> Union the colored drawing left over, and it works but now the object is highlighted in a thin purple box instead of the thicker blue box. When I publish, the line still doesn't show up. What does the blue thicker box mean versus the thin purple box?

I find the Object Drawing mode versus Merge Drawing mode to be very confusing, and either way I try I can't get the added geometry to appear in the mod.

Is there any view mode that lists drawing primitives in a Layer? For example, what is in a Settings Layers?

Any advice would be much appreciated. I try to follow the tutorials in the templates, but I'm my success has been hit and miss.

Thanks.

EDIT: I figured out some more. It turns out that there's a sub-layer to the layers, but double clicking on the layer brings up the layer properties, not the sub layer. However if you double click the little circle in the middle it brings up the sub-layer. There must be an easier way to do that? That seems like a crazy non-intuitive and difficult way to navigate sub-layers. What am I missing?

EDIT2: When I export the example bra template, the line on her back doesn't line up with the line on her chest in game, even though it lines up in the Flash editor. Is this because you haven't finished the bra template, or is something broken on my end?

sby

Content Creator
Coder

try double clicking on things to edit the 'symbols' that make up the various layers. in the 'timeline' you should see some type of reference layer that usually has a lock symbol on it, then a later above it for you to draw on.

WeeWillie

Content Creator

sby said:
try double clicking on things to edit the 'symbols' that make up the various layers. in the 'timeline' you should see some type of reference layer that usually has a lock symbol on it, then a later above it for you to draw on.
Actually, the only way I've found to get to that view where there's a reference layer and a draw layer is to select the object, and then double click the little circle in the middle of it. Double clicking anything else only brings up property windows, not sub-layers. Is this something specific to the CC version of Flash, or is there something in my settings? Do you get to that Reference/Draw Layer view just by double clicking the object anywhere, not just the circle in the center?

Also, have you gotten the bra template to properly work? It looks to me like the chest layer is not properly aligned in the template.

Thank you!

sby

Content Creator
Coder

as i noted in the original post, i didn't test much of the bra template. i don't actually make clothing mods, so i am not that familiar with the specifics of the template. i was able to put this together through patterns i recognized in the vanilla template, and guesses on how things are probably implemented. the reference layers seems to orient well when publishing the mod and then loading it, not sure about anything you actually draw on there though.

this template needs an experienced vanilla modder's touch to look it over. (and maybe one that can offer a solution to getting rgbFill for things that have multiple frames like gloves)

i am sure there are some inconvenient things about the setup, but the template is still young. i am pretty sure i am the only one who has used it, and i was just porting over some other mods to work with moreclothing, not necessarily creating new things from scratch.

edit - i select the template from the library, then i usually double click the object on the scene window and it goes into editing that object.

WeeWillie

Content Creator

sby said:
i am sure there are some inconvenient things about the setup, but the template is still young. i am pretty sure i am the only one who has used it, and i was just porting over some other mods to work with moreclothing, not necessarily creating new things from scratch.

Thank you for the info. My goal as well is to get more MoreClothing options, because I'd love more to access in dialogue. Having only two bras is the biggest deficiency, hence why I'm looking there first, but it does seem to be the most complex of the clothing options since it requires breast sizing support and doesn't exist in the basic templates. I always love a challenge though, so I'll probably beat my head into the wall a little longer.

So how do you port over other mods without the source fla's? Is there some way to decompile a swf? Or do you ask the artists for their sources? I'd love to have some more working examples to look at. Are there any you can point me to?

hugo_boss

Potential Patron

If you don't have the fla,it's probably going to be difficult.
There are some decompilers, you could try (I personally use JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler).
However, they sometimes srew up the vector Graphics. I actually managed to convert some armwear Bodymods into the new armwear type this way.

But the best Idea would probably be to ask the author for the source (especially if you want to release the thing afterwards.)

Iago

Content Creator

Hi, I've got a couple of problems with your template. The first one looks like a bug, the second one is probably me doing something wrong.

-First: the panties template does not publish the chest part (not even the reference layer if not yet deleted). You can work normally on the flash and draw on it but when you publish it you only see the naked belly.

-Second: in the armwear template there's a layer for the new hands (handjob) but I can't find any layer for the old ones (rest of the positions) not even the reference picture. When I publish, the old grey hand appears anyway in the old positions. I thought that maybe I had to combine the armwear template with the body one but that only results on the gloves appearing behind the grey hand of the armwear template (which I can't delete since I can't find it). Any ideas of what is happening?

Edit: Never mind the second part. I've just seen that it has been already discussed in a tutorial thread. I'll try to follow the instructions given there.

sby

Content Creator
Coder

i do know about the panties chest part.
odd glitch that i haven't looked into yet, but if you toggle her panties to something else and then back, the front part will show up.
it is probably some other layer hiding it.

Iago

Content Creator

Hello, I'm sorry again for double-posting :-\ but I wasn't sure that you would notice if I simply edited my last post.

Do you remember that problem I had with the outlines of the sleeves not being affected by the alpha slider? It seems that is a problem of the original Vanilla template. I checked and the default T-Shirt and Cropped T-Shirt both have the same problem. I'm telling you in case you want to try and find a way to fix it in the next version of the alternate template ;).

Edit: Hello, I have a new problem with the arms/hands (this time I'm editing and hoping you will see it ;D). It happens when I associate the arms rgb to other parts (the top or the neck). In some positions the hands appear "tanned". Here's a picture:
[attachimg=1]

I'm not sure it's a bug because it doesn't happen with the turtleneck jumper I made. But I have tried to compare the code, and make sure I have deleted all references, parts of the template not used and extra frames from the timeline and still I don't see any apparent difference between the mod that works and the ones that don't. Also, when using the reset button with the "problematic" clothes I have to push it first to reset the arm position and another for deleting the clothes and reset the girl. I don't know if there's any relation (and it doesn't bother me much anyway) but as I said, it happens with the same clothes so I thought it was worth mention it. ¿Do you have any suggestions?

Attachments

• screenshot0001.png
    screenshot0001.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 15,069

sby

Content Creator
Coder

wow, lots of bugs popping up here and there.

i'll look into it when i get some time

sby

Content Creator
Coder

about a hand being tan with the armwear modtype:
found the issue, caused by using the armwear template and leaving some stuff unused but the references to the higher 'objects' still in tact. it attempted to change frames that artists removed. fixed by a simple/lazy try block. this will be fixed in next version of moreclothing (which uses similar code), as well as the next template extension.

edit - uploaded 3rd revision of the template. this one has new modtype overtop that is a duplicate of the top modtype that goes over .. tops

H

HyperShadow24

The addition of the different positions are great. Do you think it's possible to code a way so that dialogue making could accompany this? Maybe be able to change the position using the "insert action" option in the in-game dialogue UI? I think that would make dialogue making very dynamic, and doesn't sound that hard to implement (although I don't know that much about coding, just a basic understanding of Java).

Also, I think it would be cool to still hear some amount breathing while in another position. It's weird when I'm using one of the doggystyle positions and it's just silent throughout.

Iago

Content Creator
Hey, sby, I found what appears to be a bug with the template (or maybe it's with the original game, I don't know). When I load manually (that is, through Modding/SWF Mods...) a piece of eyewear, when reseting later only the eyewear dissapears, any other mod added manually or through the vanilla menu/moreclothing remains, and what's more, from that moment on the reset button won't work any more and you cannot load anything else manually (or characters from the custom menu). Any ideas of what might be causing this?

stuntcock

Content Creator
When I load manually (that is, through Modding/SWF Mods...) a piece of eyewear, when reseting later only the eyewear dissapears, any other mod added manually or through the vanilla menu/moreclothing remains, and what's more, from that moment on the reset button won't work any more and you cannot load anything else manually (or characters from the custom menu).
I'm unable to reproduce this problem. In my experiments, the eyewear always disappears along with any extra costume elements.

Any ideas of what might be causing this?
Your game is probably throwing an exception (due to an inter-mod conflcit, missing TXT file, sloppy coding within a mod, out-of-order loading of mods which have specific dependencies, etc). Please repeat the eyewear-costume-Reset process while running the game via the Flash Player projector content debugger. Hopefully you'll get some kind of exception message - which we can then investigate in order to fix whatever's going wrong. The most obvious source of error would be misconfiguration within the actual Eyewear mod that you're using ... but it could be something more complex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.