Adding a position to a dialogue (1 Viewer)

kuro_kun

Content Creator
I'm just not understanding this, I'm trying to create dialogue that begins with a handjob position. Is my dialogue faulty or is it something else?
P.s. I already have the position added to loader

Attachments

Dialogue.txt
1.3 KB · Views: 105

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Hi,

The position file should be in the /Settings folder. Might that be it?

Also: Whenever you set a variable to something - like you do on your start line - you have to use "set" like this

{"set":{"position":"handjob"}}

So far I don't see that variable doing anything but assuming it'll be used later on you'll have to learn how to do that. Check out pim_gds excellent guide. It's an excellent resource.

Good luck

EDIT: I also noticed that the start line where you set the position only has quotation marks in the beginning. That means two things. The first is that the line won't fire at all. The second is that you haven't been using the Dialogue Checker which is absolutely necessary (!) if you're writing dialogues. Get it!

kuro_kun

Content Creator
Hi,

The position file should be in the /Settings folder. Might that be it?

Also: Whenever you set a variable to something - like you do on your start line - you have to use "set" like this

{"set":{"position":"handjob"}}

So far I don't see that variable doing anything but assuming it'll be used later on you'll have to learn how to do that. Check out pim_gds excellent guide. It's an excellent resource.

Good luck

EDIT: I also noticed that the start line where you set the position only has quotation marks in the beginning. That means two things. The first is that the line won't fire at all. The second is that you haven't been using the Dialogue Checker which is absolutely necessary (!) if you're writing dialogues. Get it!
I just can’t seem to get it to work. Yes I have used the dialogue checker, but I don’t know how to resolve the problem. I guess it’s trial and error at this point.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
I didn't made any tests with that dialogue, but for Vanilla (I know nearly nothing about the Loader), case is important.
ie. [ARMS_HAND_JOB], [LEFT_ARM_HAND_JOB], [RIGHT_ARM_HAND_JOB]

Good luck.

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
OK,

It turns out that dialogues load positions from the animtools positions folder just fine and not just from the settings folder. My mistake.

As for what the problem is I'll admit to being a tad frustrated here because there are two problems and I already mentioned both of them in my first post.
The first is that you were missing a quotation mark at the end of the start line. Instead of adding it at the end of the line you removed them completely!
The second is that you're not using correct code to set inital_settings or when setting the variable on the start line

initial_settings:(set:position:handjob) ---> initial_settings:{"position":"handjob"}
start:[ANIMTOOLS_$handjob](position:handjob) ----> start:"[ANIMTOOLS_handjob]testing testing" {"set":{"position":"handjob"}}

Again - this is something I mentioned in my first post.

I don't mind helping but if you're going to ignore the replies you're given that's not particularly motivating.

The attached dialogue works just fine. I removed the code to set the position variable on the start line because you already do that in inital settings so it's redundant.

Good luck.

Attachments

Testdialog.txt
1.3 KB · Views: 110

kuro_kun

Content Creator
OK,

It turns out that dialogues load positions from the animtools positions folder just fine and not just from the settings folder. My mistake.

As for what the problem is I'll admit to being a tad frustrated here because there are two problems and I already mentioned both of them in my first post.
The first is that you were missing a quotation mark at the end of the start line. Instead of adding it at the end of the line you removed them completely!
The second is that you're not using correct code to set inital_settings or when setting the variable on the start line

initial_settings:(set:position:handjob) ---> initial_settings:{"position":"handjob"}
start:[ANIMTOOLS_$handjob](position:handjob) ----> start:"[ANIMTOOLS_handjob]testing testing" {"set":{"position":"handjob"}}

Again - this is something I mentioned in my first post.

I don't mind helping but if you're going to ignore the replies you're given that's not particularly motivating.

The attached dialogue works just fine. I removed the code to set the position variable on the start line because you already do that in inital settings so it's redundant.

Good luck.
I don’t know, that’s why I asked for help. I used the dialogue checker and worked on it until it said that it couldn’t find anymore issues. I removed the quotation because the checker flag them as having an issue. I’m not a coder and don’t pretend to be one, I just figured I could create some dialogue to contribute to the community. Thanks anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.