1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WIP] Character importing and saving tutorial

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Maineim, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Maineim

Maineim Casual Client

I thought this already made, but now I see there isn't any basic tutorial about character setting.

1. Set up the files in you PC

I downloaded SDT in SWF and I use flash standalone player or a browser to use it.
    I personally like to put my hairs and backgrounds in subfolders. ie:

/ SDT (the SWF FILE)
    - - |
    - - |---- / mods (the hairs)
    - - |---- / backs (backgrounds)

2. Modding section

This is the main section for managing imports:
    [​IMG]

2. a Import a hair:

Select Import / Hair and load the PNG file:
    [​IMG]

2. b Loading the charcode:

The charcodes are the TXT files that comes with some imports. Open it with Notepad or similar, select all text and copy to clipboard (Ctrl-C). Paste the text in the Custom Save Data and press Load.

[​IMG]

3. Saving the character

First you have to setup the folders you choose to save your hairs and backgrouds. If you made everything OK the path to the hairs should be highlighted in green and you can save the character.

[​IMG]

A red highlight means there is something wrong, sdt can't find the file, so you can't save the character.

[​IMG]

- - - - - -​

This is a WIP, please ask questions in here to improve it.

2. DamnGood

DamnGood Potential Patron

Thanks so much for this dude, I was getting so frustrated trying to figure this out! Bravo!

3. jdeuchler

jdeuchler Potential Patron

4. taigong

taigong Potential Patron

it may be late but thanks dude, your work and explication are awesome

5. Vump

Vump Potential Patron

I've got a problem, whenever I import a hair it always places it to the top right of the character and makes the character bald. Any Ideas?

6. stuntcock

stuntcock Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

Which version of the game are you using?

Which hair file are you trying to load? The problem is presumably effecting all of the files that you try to load, but please link to at least one example so that we can verify. Does the problem relate to PNG files, or SWF files, or both?

How are you playing the game? If you're using a web browser, then please try to play the game via the Flash Player Projector content debugger. If any errors occur when attempting to load a hair file (or when starting the game) then please copy-paste the error message here.

Please post a screenshot of the weird hair behavior so that we can check for any obvious conflicts or visual clues.