what are you supposed to do with .mod files (2 Viewers)

weabotrash2

Potential Patron
I've downloaded some mod files with the extension ".mod" My computer seems to think its an audio file but that doesn't make much sense as the mods i'm experiencing this with have nothing to do with audio. Just wondering if there is something i'm supposed to do with these files or someplace i'm supposed to put them to make them usable, thanks

ps. i'm very new to this forum so I apologize for any mistakes

sby

Content Creator
Coder
they are actually disguised swf files. the special extension name is just an indicator that is is a loader mod

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
My computer seems to think its an audio file but that doesn't make much sense as the mods i'm experiencing this with have nothing to do with audio.
What you can do is right-click one of these files and choose "Open with", then your Flash standalone player, or browser if you don't have one.
Anyway, the MOD files are not much used nowadays...

sby

Content Creator
Coder
What you can do is right-click one of these files and choose "Open with", then your Flash standalone player, or browser if you don't have one.
Anyway, the MOD files are not much used nowadays...
i don't think opening it in a flash player would help, since they are most likely compressed swf files that are mods for the loader, so i doubt they will do much on their own

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
i don't think opening it in a flash player would help, since they are most likely compressed swf files that are mods for the loader, so i doubt they will do much on their own
In fact, it is just to avoid that Windows tries to open it with WMP or VLC for example. I think these files need to be opened in the Loader, as for SWFs with Vanilla, right?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
yeah, you use the swf mod button or set it up to be loaded through a character folder

Scoopy

Content Creator
Never have any luck having the loader start with MOD files automatically, so load them manually via the options.

zzrzgze

Potential Patron
To add a .mod file which corresponds to a girl, I do the following (lets assume the file is called NewGirl.mod):
- Create a folder "NewGirl" in the folder ./Mods of your Loader
- Add the NewGirl.mod file into the NewGirl folder
- Add in the NewGirl folder a text file called Mods.txt which only contains the following text: "NewGirl.mod"
- Edit the file ./Mods/CharacterFolders.txt and add a line NewGirl:NewGirl

To make it work, just replace "NewGirl" by the desired name at each step (i.e., if your file is Test.mod, replace "NewGirl" by "Test").

I don't know if it always work, but it did the trick for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.