Vindictus Mod - Methods and Files (3 Viewers)

sebway2k3

Potential Patron
Both me and Sebway2k3 are unable to test it, so the only way to know is if someone with the EU version tries it.

If you try it, let us know the results.

Exactly.
It ****should**** be able to swap the files but i'm not sure if it will open the game though, i heard that my swapper wasn't able to run the game but if you open the swapper, click on 'swap for edited dll' and nothing happens just leave the swapper open and run the game like you usually do, and see if the swapper actually does the swap, i beleive it should, unless HSUpdate.exe is not started for the EU client.

Also when i made the changes for the new swapper, i wrote a code which was supposed to swap the original dll back to its place but today i noticed this cannot be done since the dll is in use, so when the swapper closes itself it won't swap the original dll back like it did before, so if you start the game with the mod, close the game and start it again without the mods it will constantly show the sync file error, to fix that just start the swapper again, it will automaticly put the backup dll (original one) back to its place, then you can just close the swapper and run the game without mod normally

Last edited by a moderator:

sadika

Potential Patron
yes it isnt start the game automatically
it swaps the files but unfortunately isn't working :S i tried many times but between 2800-2900 ms (second time) it crashes with the sync error. if i go under 2800 it starts but the mods doesnt loading and the same if i go up from 2900ms. the first timer was 300ms.

Slayer of Demons

Potential Patron
Hello everybody!
I just tested the new swapper on Vindictus EU and it worked!
The Reason why the game won't run when you click 'swap for edited dll' is that the standard path for Vindictus EU has a space, you can change it to an underscore '_'. The new swapper, a well as the old one, can't handle spaces in the path. I will test for a little while, see if i get kicked but so far everything works. (:
2012_12_30_0005.jpg

sebway2k3

Potential Patron
Hello everybody!
I just tested the new swapper on Vindictus EU and it worked!
The Reason why the game won't run when you click 'swap for edited dll' is that the standard path for Vindictus EU has a space, you can change it to an underscore '_'. The new swapper, a well as the old one, can't handle spaces in the path. I will test for a little while, see if i get kicked but so far everything works. (:
View attachment 7554

You mean the path is something like this : C:\Nexon\Vindictus EU\en-EU or C:\Nexon\Vindictus\en EU ? or maybe both ? C:\Nexon\Vindictus EU\en EU ?

This is probably easy to fix, i will try

Edit : I found the reason of this, the swapper creates a .bat file to launch the game instead of launching it itself (its really faster this way) but it writes the full path of the client in the bat file, a bat file uses dos commands and because of this if you try to launch a file that has a space or if you write the full path of that file and theres spaces somewhere in the path it won't work because dos automaticly shorten the path name, for example : if your vindictus installation path would be c:\nexon\Vindictus EU\en-EU\vindictus.exe, then the path should be something like this : c:\nexon\Vindictus~1\en-EU\vindictus.exe (may not be exactly this but should look like it).

Anyways i found a way to retreive this shorten path name in visual basic so i am going to update the swapper, probably today so you guys from europe can get your vindictus launched by the swapper :)

D

ditchweevil

am on EU server,, swapper working great,,thx to the genius's,that figured it all out....

sebway2k3

Potential Patron
Alright, it seems i was in the mood to work on this today, i posted version 2.1 earlier today, i already did version 2.2 which added some lines to the .bat file the swapper creates so it waits for the game to close and start the swapper again once the game is closed so it now does swap the original dll back to its place. There is only one thing you have to know first, it is that before you use this new swapper, if you used the old ones i made, run the old one first and click 'Swap for backup DLL', only then you can use the new swapper. Look in your vindictus bin folder and be sure that the FileSystem_Stdio.dll is around 466-467 kb, this means the original DLL is in place and you can use the new swapper.

And it should now work for you people in Europe :)

Vindictus DLL Swapper V2.2 : https://rapidshare.com/files/895858593/Vin SWP V2.2.rar
Original DLL (in case something wrong happened) : https://rapidshare.com/files/1629964519/FileSystem_Stdio.rar

Reinhart

Potential Patron
Hi, i need a little help here, i followed the tutorials and put some mods on the data folder, edited stdio.dat and stdio.dll2 adding some 0's at the end of both of them, tryed the sebway2k3 Swapper 2.2 at 996-997 ms fails with "The size of the sync binary file has changed. The game must be re-installed", but from 998ms game loads and swap is done, but with no mods, so any ideas what am i doing wrong? maybe the mods? I put them on en-EU/data folder which has materials and models folders on it.

Riku20xx

Potential Patron
The only thing I could suggest is to make sure you're running the swapper as an administrator. If 998 is working with no mods, just make sure your mods are installed correctly.

ibonihskrad

Potential Patron
You're down to very low numbers, which means you have a very fast computer. This means the time window for you to swap is extremely short. Did you try 997 multiple times? The time isn't always exactly the same, and there is a chance that something a tiny bit fast will work eventually.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is to do something to use up resources while you swap to increase the time window.

Reinhart

Potential Patron
Ok its fine rigth now, i set the reswap time to 3000ms and now the mods are working ok, thanks for your responses.

sebway2k3

Potential Patron
@ibonihskrad did you missed a word on step 3 ? i read 'You will a swapper' :) just kidding you:)
Happy New Year btw to everyone :)

J

JackKnife

Hello! I downloaded and unzipped some mods from the link you posted as "BattleJesus" ... I then got the swapper, version 2.2. I then tried a time of 3,000. Didn't see any mods on the boat. Tried 1,000. Still no mods. Tried 1... Nothing.

Uhhhm, can I do negative? Hah.. But seriously though, what am I doing wrong?

*Edit*
I installed Vindictus via Steam, if that helps any..

sebway2k3

Potential Patron
Hello! I downloaded and unzipped some mods from the link you posted as "BattleJesus" ... I then got the swapper, version 2.2. I then tried a time of 3,000. Didn't see any mods on the boat. Tried 1,000. Still no mods. Tried 1... Nothing.

Uhhhm, can I do negative? Hah.. But seriously though, what am I doing wrong?

*Edit*
I installed Vindictus via Steam, if that helps any..

Make sure the mods are in the Data folder, also make sure that you run the swapper as administrator

sebway2k3

Potential Patron
I just noticed that the bandwith Rapidshare allows me (1gig) is almost reached, so i decided to open a ftp server on one of my computers so you can download my swapper and the original dll directly from it.

Here is the link : ftp://sebway2k3.servebeer.com

Edit : I have been receiving attacks from some people since i opened my ftp server, some people are trying to flood my server, which uses a lot of my bandwidth so because of some idiots that thinks they are funny, i had to make my server private. Which means that if you can't download on RapidShare since the bandwidth they allows me is reached, you can still download it from my ftp server but you have to send me a private message in here so i can provide you with a username and password to access my server.

sebway2k3

Potential Patron
I updated my swapper since i got the 'Unauthorized program detected' error again, i tried to hex edit both files but it didn't work for me, i updated my swapper and now it works perfectly. I removed the second timer and set the swapper to close itself as fast as it can, also the bat file it creates to open the game won't wait for it to close to swap the original dll back and should close itself really fast, but when you start the swapper after it did the backup of the original file, it will always automaticly swap it back to its place. Also it comes with the newly hex edited files (04-01-13)

Before you use any new version of my swapper, make sure that you have the original dll in your vindictus folder as my swapper will make a backup of it, should be around 467 kb

You can download it on RapidShare here : https://rapidshare.com/files/3049179437/Vin SWP V2.3.rar

You can also download it from my ftp server if the bandwidth on RapidShare is reached but you need to ask me for a personal login / password first in a private message, the ftp server is : ftp://sebway2k3.servebeer.com

Edit : Silly me, i forgot to overwrite something in the codes that made the new swapper actually not swap the files, it is now fixed, and you can now use it.

sebway2k3

Potential Patron
Someone in HongFire requested a faster way to count, faster than miliseconds since SSD users are having trouble with this, so i did update my swapper to add an option to count faster. He asked for nano seconds but i beleive that it is in fact faster than that, for example, my time in miliseconds was 2800 and now with this new method it is 4 660 000 so it is a LOT faster. So if 1 miliseconds is causing you trouble you can now try this new method.

You can download it on RapidShare : https://rapidshare.com/files/4280781123/Vin SWP V2.4.rar
or you can download it on my ftp server but you still need to ask me for a personal login / password in a private message

oniu13

Potential Patron
i've used v2.4 swapper in server EU and hackshield had detected. they're faster than our swapper

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.