Vindictus Mod - Methods and Files (1 Viewer)

ibonihskrad

Potential Patron
ATTENTION! Swappers no longer work! Go to hongfire for the newest GSL! Vindictus/Mabinogi Heroes Nude Mod - Page 8 (It's in Checkbox's post)

Download Good Stuff Lite and the Good Stuff Lite tweak. Install both files into your Vindictus folder, then drag the Good Stuff Lite file onto the Good Stuff Lite tweak for the teak to take effect. This should prevent any future errors. Thanks to Checkbox for GSL! (Although I still wish he would give the scaleform folder some love... I want my nude npcs :()

Some Mods!

So many instructions...gone...all gone. But, they were useless, swapping doesn't work anymore at all! So, good luck with GSL again! Modding this game has become quite the task.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moe

Potential Patron
  • If you get the following error: The size of the sync binary file has changed. The game must be re-installed then the time was too short. If the game started and the mods did not load, the time was too long.
  • If you have gotten that error, check and make sure that Filesystem_stdio.dll2 is still in your bin folder. If it is not, then the swapper failed to switch the files back due to the error window being opened for too long. Filesystem_stdio.dl will be the original file in this case, so you will need to swap the two files back to their original names manually.

Also, as an alternative for noobs there is another way to fix that error. Just re-run the swapping process but when that error message pops-up you just have to QUICKLY close it before the swapping process finishes and it will do it for you. Why it doesn't work is that pop-up causes the files to be in in-use so it cannot rename them.

Riku20xx

Potential Patron
Sounds like a headache. Can't someone just do it and make a zip file of their data folder? Lol.

ibonihskrad

Potential Patron
Sounds like a headache. Can't someone just do it and make a zip file of their data folder? Lol.

Unfortunately, no, the swapping is the only way to get around hackshield's file detection, so even if I were to give you my data folder with all of the files, you would still have to go through the most difficult part which is swapping the files at the proper time.

And I can't give you the amount of time either, since it depends on your computer's specs as well as whatever else is running in the background.

Also, thanks for the additional explanation Moe, I kinda didn't feel like getting into detail with the issue, lol. Sort of an afterthought of "oh right, I should mention this before people bombard me with comments on how it broke their Vindictus folder."

New Clip File: http://uploadingit.com/file/view/cwogtwtnawutypxi/clip.zip
This should make Karok's armor no longer become invisible when using the Aesthetic Mod armors. Let me know if there are still invisible bodies.

If you're using BattleJesus' Aesthetic Mod 2.0 (or any of the ones that have armor modifications), replace the clip folder under data/models with this one, and the men will no longer have invisible bodies on modified armor. However, those parts that would have been invisible will now show whatever is underneath. Which is usually ugly longjohn underwear...

Unless you use something like this: http://uploadingit.com/file/view/zreptw9nkbgtza07/Male
I just made this mod, it swaps the default inners for males with the metallic inner armor (basically looks like metal briefs). I was tired of seeing the damn longjohns, and the shiny underpants really make the males look like male strippers with the armor mod, which is hilarious to me. If anyone really wants me to, I guess I can make one with less silly/revealing inner armor...

Lelouch

Potential Patron
WOOT! ty for the easy and quick guide i got lost searching through hongfire for timer and ect anyway thanks alot

toke couple of tries but 3010 was my lucky number lol

Araerix

Potential Patron
I cant get any of the mods to work, i've gone from greater than 3 seconds to lower than half a second and I Get no error or mods. I must be doing something wrong but I've followed the instructions on the first post D:

Araerix

Potential Patron
Yes they are

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Also when the swap timer runs what I get is "INFO: No tasks running with the specified criteria" and "Hackshield is Running..." flashing a lot on the cmd box.

Araerix

Potential Patron
I've run out of ideas on what to do ; -; maybe I cant use the mods

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

So I lied about running out of ideas >_> Anyways, someone over at hongfire is having the same issue and on page 450 theres another download to supposedly help. Have yet to try it

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Aaannnd it did not work either. :c

ibonihskrad

Potential Patron
Can you provide screenshots of the error message and your Vindictus folder? It could help with figuring it out.

Araerix

Potential Patron
There is no error message for this problem, the only thing that happens is the swap-timer runs in the backround only constantly flashing "Hackshield is Running..." and no mods load.

ibonihskrad

Potential Patron
First, be sure that everything is running in administrator mode if you're using Windows 7.

The screenshot of the folder would still help.

Does the game work normally when you don't use the swapper?

Araerix

Potential Patron
I'm not sure how to get screenshots of my folder but the game does work normal without the swapper.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

I'm no good at this :c would it be too much trouble to get a video showing step-by-step on what to do?

ibonihskrad

Potential Patron
I am too tired to try to make an installation video, but I found a video tutorial on taking screenshots. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk4b2PaoC64

--------------------------------------

For uploading, you can simply upload to this website.

To do so, you need to click either Reply to Thread, or Go Advanced at the bottom of the reply window.

In the reply window find Manage Attachments.

In the Manage Attachments window that pops up, click Add Files, Select Files, select the screenshot. Then click Upload Files.

After that, press Insert Inline and it will insert it into your message.

--------------------------------------

Or you can use photobucket like the tutorial suggests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.