Vindictus Mod - Methods and Files (1 Viewer)

ibonihskrad

Potential Patron
Try deleting ver.bat, this file saves the preferences of your swapper. After that, when you use your swapper, you will have to redo all of the settings. When you set the time, do it in milliseconds, and make sure the time is in the thousands (1000 or more). You may have put the timer too low making it screw things up by swapping ridiculously early.

Let me know if that doesn't do anything.

Bleh, silly me, I should've gone and rechecked the filename. Ver.BAT, not bin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ololong

Potential Patron
Here is the part of .bat file:
Code:
:shield_start
cls
@echo off
for /f "usebackq" %%Z in (`tasklist /nh /fi "imagename eq HSUpdate.exe"`) do if %%Z==INFO: goto HS_on >nul
I believe that last line will not work if you have localized version of Windows. It will not find "INFO:" string in "tasklist" command output. So it goes to infinite cycle. Probably applies to other parts of batch file as well.

Jazta

Potential Patron
I don't understand Iv'e been trying to mod with GSL and now I find that it's detected, now I try this with multiple mods but it still doesn't work.

Here's an example of what I did; I put the .bat in the en-US folder, I put the File studio files in the bin folder and I've put the "redaxles nude mod" data folder into en-US folder.

Help? Or does none of this work? I put the ms to 1500 and as you said if its too low then I'll get a error, so I put it on 1000, and no message, the game runs normal.

ibonihskrad

Potential Patron
The number can be very exact depending on your system. Also, it will not be the same every timw, but assuming you're not bogging down your system it shouldn't deviate more than a few milliseconds.

Jazta, my only advice is to keep trying. So long as the bat file says it is swapping, your problem is that it is still too early. You seem to have a very fast computer, since 1000 milliseconds is too fast (you are using milliseconds I hope). I would suggest going down by 10 milliseconds each time until it either works or you get an error. Then go up 1 millisecond until it either works or the game boots without a mod. Then you will just have to keep trying around that time until it finally works.

N

nryfr

tyvm for this guide. It worked for me on the first go with 3k ms as a setting. Cheers pal

Jazta

Potential Patron
So im still trying, I fiddled around and got it to actually come up with the errors when Its too low, so when I go 2999 it comes up with the error, when I put in 3000 it launches without mods....

Im so damn confused now, but I believe its the mod that ive done wrong, which of the selection did everyone else use for the nude mods? Ive tried the 16 in 1 and redaxles...

Ill give more a go, but if anyone can tell me what they used so I can try it too :)

EDIT: OK, NVM. Ive got it working after all this time :D

ibonihskrad

Potential Patron
Glad to hear people are getting it to work. It's not easy to explain exactly how much trial and error is needed for it to work. The load time can sometimes change 1 or 2 milliseconds between tries, so even if say 2999 was too fast one time, it may be too slow the next.

For others, if you find that you are going to fast on one number, and too slow on one that's a millisecond slower (say 2999 is too fast and pops up an error and 3000 is too slow) I suggest trying the slightly too fast number, since there is a good chance that one of those loading tries will be that half a millisecond faster that it needs.

Also, try to pay attention to what programs you have running on your computer, the more programs you have running, the longer time Vindictus will need to load up usually.

Araerix

Potential Patron
Man what the heck, everyone else seems to be able to get it to work but i'm doing the same thing and it never works for me, not running anything in the backround, i've gone from under a second to over 5 seconds and none of the mods load ever. Why doesnt this work for me?

Jazta

Potential Patron
Man what the heck, everyone else seems to be able to get it to work but i'm doing the same thing and it never works for me, not running anything in the backround, i've gone from under a second to over 5 seconds and none of the mods load ever. Why doesnt this work for me?

Yeah I had to do alot of fiddling around to get mine working, I reinstalled the mods a few times. What mod are you using? I only got 1 of them to work.

Jazta

Potential Patron
I don't know much about that mod, but as long as it is in a data folder, than I guess it should work.
Now mine stopped working again :(

EDIT: Haha, nvm just a little fiddling around like I said and you get it working C:

Araerix

Potential Patron
I've done nearly from 100milliseconds to 5000milliseconds, changing each time by 100 and I havent gotten it to work at all.

Jazta

Potential Patron
Does your game start up normally without mods, or do you get an error message?
If you are only get errors or if the mods arent loading, then try replacing the mod files, the hex edit ones and the .bat file too, I do this whenever it doesnt work and it seems to work.

Jazta

Potential Patron
No error or anything, game loads up all fine and what not just no mods.
Yeah, this was my first problem, I tried 3 mods and none of them did anything, but I just used a different mod and out of nowhere it worked. I used the normal one from hongfire where the GSL is too, just... without the GSL :L

ibonihskrad

Potential Patron
I'm not sure if female lann mod even works anymore. It's very old and people stopped supporting it a long time ago. Try different mods.

It's a shame it varies so much, coz it took me ages to work it down to a point where it was working now I have to start all over again coz my system is running differently today. Damn Nexion I don't see how modding something that is only for appearance is such a big deal. They shouldn't be bothered to patch it at all in the first place.

I've mentioned this before, Nexon is afraid of two things, one is that it opens up gates for possible hacking. The second and more important one, they get most of their money from cosmetic things, especially inner armors and hair (hence the horrible basic inner armor and the mediocre default hairstyles/colors). People don't like it when others potentially mess with their wallets. And not everyone would be like me (I care what I look like to other people, so I buy inners and hairstyles even though I use the mods).

sebway2k3

Potential Patron
I tried for around 2 hours with no luck, after i tried to manually swap the files and i got it working after 3-4 tries. Then i realized that the problem was probably in the .bat file so i made a swapper myself and got it working almost everytime i start the game. The thing is with the .bat file you don't really know when the swap is done, in the swapper i made it tells you exactly when it does the swap.

What this swapper do : When you choose Vindictus.exe it does a backup of the FileSystem_Stdio.dll to FileSystem_Stdio.dll.backup in the swapper's folder and saves a config file (Swapper info.vds) with the game executable location, the installation directory and the time (in miliseconds) you choose for the swapper to wait. When you click on 'Swap for edited DLL' it starts the game, and wait for HSUpdate.exe to open and wait for it to close, then it starts counting, then it will tell you when it actually swaps the files. You can still get an error if the time is too short. Now it will detect when vindictus.exe is open and will wait until you close it, then it will swap the original file. There is also a button used to put back the backup in the bin folder so you don't screw your game.

Now the swapper was made with visual basic 6 which is really old but i hate .net programmation so i used this instead and on Windows 7 64bits, so if it is not working on your pc just tell me what error you get, remember to right-click on Vindictus Swapper.exe and choose properties, in the compatibility tab be sure that 'run under administrator' is checked if you are on windows vista or 7.

here is a link to the swapper : http://rapidshare.com/files/2336995452/VindictusSwapper.rar

Also, you don't have to put these files in Vindictus installation directory, and the hex edited file is already in the rar. If a new edited file is needed just replace the Filesystem_stdio.dll2 in the swapper's directory for the new one.

Edit : FileSystem_Stdio.dat was missing in the rar, and the swapper did not copy this file to the bin folder, i reuploaded it with the file and added a line of code so it copy this file to the bin folder

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.