Vindictus Mod - Methods and Files (3 Viewers)

ShadowAce

Potential Patron
Bleeearrrrrgh, look! I'm alive! And updating my post thingy! Sebway, I'm sure your things are awesome, as I'm sure ShadowAce's stuff is, I've just been busy and paying almost no attention to this at all.

By the way, mediafire killed battle jesus' stuff. So um....I'm not sure what to do about finding those files. You're going to have to ask him. He's on hongfire...somewhere.

Also, if there IS a new place he's got all that stuff hosted, let me know so I can update that post that nobody cares about.

I Have informed Battlejesus of this, Idk if he plans on rehosting all the files ore waiting to post them when the need for them pops back up, you can always asking him about any mod in particular he could probably give you it.

Sebway2k3, you're awesome! The patch takes a bit of work to get going, but once I found the right ms it worked perfectly. I can only imagine how hard it must have been to create this program, so many thanks to you! :D

Yes it can be rather strenuous xD and becomes even more when they try and find a way to block each and every loophole thats created in bypassing mods, but so- forth we have completed in keeping mods alive in most versions to my extent of knowledge xD and i just hope it calms down a bit so i can have some time to actually play a good amount of the game. but if the problem arises again we do our best to try and find another loophole or fix it.

D

DragonBaby

Unfortunately, no, the swapping is the only way to get around hackshield's file detection, so even if I were to give you my data folder with all of the files, you would still have to go through the most difficult part which is swapping the files at the proper time.

And I can't give you the amount of time either, since it depends on your computer's specs as well as whatever else is running in the background.

Also, thanks for the additional explanation Moe, I kinda didn't feel like getting into detail with the issue, lol. Sort of an afterthought of "oh right, I should mention this before people bombard me with comments on how it broke their Vindictus folder."

New Clip File: Downloading: clip.zip - Uploadingit
This should make Karok's armor no longer become invisible when using the Aesthetic Mod armors. Let me know if there are still invisible bodies.

If you're using BattleJesus' Aesthetic Mod 2.0 (or any of the ones that have armor modifications), replace the clip folder under data/models with this one, and the men will no longer have invisible bodies on modified armor. However, those parts that would have been invisible will now show whatever is underneath. Which is usually ugly longjohn underwear...

Unless you use something like this: Downloading: Male Default Inner - Metal Briefs Mod.zip - Uploadingit
I just made this mod, it swaps the default inners for males with the metallic inner armor (basically looks like metal briefs). I was tired of seeing the damn longjohns, and the shiny underpants really make the males look like male strippers with the armor mod, which is hilarious to me. If anyone really wants me to, I guess I can make one with less silly/revealing inner armor...

Well im giving up....
I can't find any source of someone of 2013 to help me to color mod certain monsters in today's Vindictus of North America

like the Wasps, red spiders and Giant Spider. I wanted to censor those creatures for myself.

ShadowAce

Potential Patron
Well im giving up....
I can't find any source of someone of 2013 to help me to color mod certain monsters in today's Vindictus of North America

like the Wasps, red spiders and Giant Spider. I wanted to censor those creatures for myself.

Well you have to keep in consideration that the only remaining people who mod with vindictus features/ not bots, but the remaining people who do are trying to invest a lot of time trying to make a better way of getting the mods to work instead of investing loads of time into making mods, its better to think of finding a better way of using mods before we think of making more mods, its better to have a way to use them because without one mods will be useless without a way of applying them to the game.

Jay77

Potential Patron
Try this : run the swapper, click on 'swap for edited dll' and leave the swapper open, run the patcher and log in so it will start vindictus.exe and watch if the swapper detects HSUpdate.exe (It will write HSUpdate.exe is running) only when this happens, the swapper will wait for it to close and then start counting

How do you leave the swapper open coz after the files swapped the swapper closes itself i think thats why my mods arent loading because first time i used swapper the swapper stayed open and now it closes after swap

ShadowAce

Potential Patron
How do you leave the swapper open coz after the files swapped the swapper closes itself i think thats why my mods arent loading because first time i used swapper the swapper stayed open and now it closes after swap

Swappers Close to avoid detection when running.

sebway2k3

Potential Patron

A new button was added in version 3.0 (and is still there in version 3.1) named Automatic Detection, to make the swapper swap the files when starting the game from the web site use this button instead, it is possible that the swapper begins to be slow, this is normal, it keeps trying to detect HSUpdate.exe, when it does detect it, it will start counting for the timer you have set then swap the files.

CaYe

Content Creator
Good and bad news. I finally got ur mod to work after many attempts. But now I got banned by HackSHield LOL . Fuck this motherfucking nexon crap company shit.

sebway2k3

Potential Patron
Good and bad news. I finally got ur mod to work after many attempts. But now I got banned by HackSHield LOL . Fuck this motherfucking nexon crap company shit.

Yeah they aren't focusing on the right matter, instead of focusing on the game itself they focus on banning people for using mods and keep trying to detect every swappers out there.

Well i'm kinda out of options now, the swapper hex edit itself along with every dll / dll2 / exe / folders everytime you launch it. Maybe you were put on a 'watch list' or something like that and then they detected a mod loading, one option to prevent this (and this is only my opinion) would be to use a proxy server to log into your account from 'somewhere else' well at least for the client to detect, but then you will get all the limitations it involves like no auction house for 10 mins etc... but if they really have a black list for clients then this should work

Jay77

Potential Patron
My mods still dont work even when i put 1millisecond and i even tried auto detection and till nothing is working im getting annoyed

F

Fenris

So, I was browsing the Hongfire Forum yesterday, and apparently Checkbox got GSL to work again, and I'm currently using that instead of the swapper. No idea how long it'll last, but get it while it's working!

Jay77

Potential Patron
GSL is working now but after a short while it says game hack detected and closes the game on me man is there a way t ofix this nd make it not detected

ibonihskrad

Potential Patron
GSL is working now but after a short while it says game hack detected and closes the game on me man is there a way t ofix this nd make it not detected

If you're talking about the new GSL that Checkbox made, then you would have to ask him directly. As far as I know, nobody else has any knowledge how to make anything besides the swapper work.

Dream Angel

Content Creator
Modder
Author
Editor
So, I have been following the Vindictus thread in Hongfire. The bypass still works, but it is NOT an easy installation. I will try to explain the steps the best I can, and I will also be providing any mod files I have knowledge of.

Before you start, make sure that SensApi.dll is not in your Vindictus folder. That file will always be detected by the game and will make you unable to play in most cases.

Installation:
1. You will need to put your mods into a data folder that will be located in your Vindictus folder (C:\Nexon\Vindictus\en-US\data for US installation)

2. You will need a Hex Edited version of GSL Versions 1.005 or lower. These files will go into the bin folder in your Vindictus folder.

3. You will need a swapper:

• Here is ShadowAce's most recent and apparently more final swapper: http://uploadingit.com/file/pqgbsojjdps3lsn0/ShadowAce's VUS v3-2 Swapper.rar (There, I uploaded the newest one. Happy!? HUH!? IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT!?)
  • sebway2k3 made a new swapper. It seems to be more lightweight (my time window went down by about 600 milliseconds), and also will wait for you to close the error dialogue box before switching the files back if you put the time too short. Also, it can be installed anywhere on your computer, when you open it browse for your Vindictus.exe in the "Vindictus Installation Folder" box. link here: http://rapidshare.com/files/11225965...SWP%20V3.1.rar (Another one! Now with even more.... Stuff. I don't even know anymore, does anyone even care about this post?)
    Also, a note from sebway2k3:
    "Remember that if you were using v2.3 or v2.4 you need to start the old version first before you use v2.5 so it swaps the original dll back and v2.5 will make a backup of that dll. It will now wait again for the game to close itself and then start the swapper again so it swaps the original dll back."
  • Be sure to run the swapper in administrator mode if you are using Windows 7. You can find the option by right-clicking the .exe, going to properties, under the compatibility tab, there will be a checkbox for "run as administrator"

4. Now comes the fun part. Run Swap Timer.bat and type in the name of your Vindictus exe file. Next, you will select the time before it swaps the original Filesystem_stdio.dll with Filesystem_stdio.dll2
  • The time has two settings.Depending on the wapper, there could be multiple settings. I always use Milliseconds. Everybody's time is different depending on their computer and how much they have running in the background.
  • 1000 milliseconds = 1 second. Start with about 3000 milliseconds. it will take multiple tries to find the time you need for the mod to work on your computer.
  • If you get the following error: The size of the sync binary file has changed. The game must be re-installed then the time was too short. If the game started and the mods did not load, the time was too long.
  • After the first try, if you got the error, add 1000 milliseconds. If the game loaded and there were no mods, subtract 1000 milliseconds.
  • From that point on, you will have to start narrowing it down. Move up or down as necessary, cutting the difference between numbers in half with each try.

For Example:​

1. [*=1]Start at 3000 milliseconds: The game loads without mods.
    [*=1]Decrease the time by 1000 milliseconds (making the new time 2000 milliseconds). This time, there is a sync error.
    [*=1]Increase the time by 500 milliseconds (making the new time 2500 milliseconds). There is still a sync error.
    [*=1]Increase the time by 250 milliseconds (making the new time 2750 milliseconds). The game loaded again without mods.
    [*=1]Decrease the time by 125 seconds (making the new time 2625 milliseconds).
    [*=1]Keep going until you get it to work. Eventually the window should become very small. At that point you can drop the cut difference in half guideline... use your best judgement.

The example is for illustrative purposes only, your time may be nothing like that. Always remember, cutting the difference in half is a guideline. If you think that the difference is too much or too little, use your best judgement.

Good luck!

Remember, if you're using mods, block the screenshots that are taken on the boat. I believe this link has instructions: Vindictus/Mabinogi Heroes Nude Mod - Page 26

Edit:
Silly me, forgot to link to the hongfire thread. Vindictus/Mabinogi Heroes Nude Mod

Look around pages 430+ or so for more relevant info.

Also, because of this new method, we completely bypass the detection, if anyone has programming knowledge and is up to the task, perhaps we could make a new Filesystem_stdio.dll that allows for more things to be replaced (for example npc portraits and dialogue). The program does not have to be as complex as the current GSL, since we no longer need to worry about all of the workarounds that checkbox originally made to bypass detection.

Video Tutorial:
[video=dailymotion;xvzoyp]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvzoyp_vindictus-mod-installation-swap-tutorial_tech#.UM4h93cVRIY[/video]

It came in a bit blurry, but hopefully this will help. Sorry if it's too loud...

- - - Updated - - -

Guys is long guyd, but you can download is file View attachment Good Stuff Lite v1.009 2013-04-04.zip put in Vindictus EU\en-EU

and use all you mods=) File not detected Hack Shield

mods here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/108iijtaia505jf/VvoKeevTm6

Last edited by a moderator:

sliver54

Potential Patron
Hello,

I would like to remove inner suits to my Fiona (EU server).I used the last version of sebway2k3's swapper.I managed to launch the game without being detected but my Fiona has still the standard inner suit.
After reading comments ,I see several possibilities why it's not working :
1- I didn't hex edit the files FileSystem_Stdio but I think the new swapper is doing that itself.
2- Maybe my swap time is too much
3- Materials and Models folders are in the data folder.As there are several inner models in the mod,maybe the mod works but I need to do something in the game.I check the avatar box and see the inner models to sell thinking maybe it's here to change inner suits.
4- In the materials folder,should I rename the Nudemod folder with the name of my char ?
5- I don't have tried with Good stuff lite dll.Maybe that's why my mods didn't work.

Thanks for all your work.

Dream Angel

Content Creator
Modder
Author
Editor
Hello,

I would like to remove inner suits to my Fiona (EU server).I used the last version of sebway2k3's swapper.I managed to launch the game without being detected but my Fiona has still the standard inner suit.
After reading comments ,I see several possibilities why it's not working :
1- I didn't hex edit the files FileSystem_Stdio but I think the new swapper is doing that itself.
2- Maybe my swap time is too much
3- Materials and Models folders are in the data folder.As there are several inner models in the mod,maybe the mod works but I need to do something in the game.I check the avatar box and see the inner models to sell thinking maybe it's here to change inner suits.
4- In the materials folder,should I rename the Nudemod folder with the name of my char ?
5- I don't have tried with Good stuff lite dll.Maybe that's why my mods didn't work.

Thanks for all your work.

works for me, I am pleased

not need FileSystem_Stdio

need only View attachment 10274 and mods

Last edited by a moderator:

sebway2k3

Potential Patron
I just bought a new computer 2 weeks ago, installed Windows 7, and for some reason my swapper could not run the game, so i checked the codes and noticed there was a few bugs in it, i fixed them and now i've been playing for over an hour without being kicked out. If Checkbox's GSL works for you, you should stick to it since it is a lot easier than swapping files, but if it doesn't you can always use mine which automaticly hex edit itself each time you run it as well as changing its name, remember to run it each time as administrator.

Link : http://rapidshare.com/files/4263152938/Vin SWP V3.2.rar

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.