Vindictus Mod - Methods and Files (1 Viewer)

ofrm1

Potential Patron
Stupid Nexon... Getting tired of updating the swapper to make it works, i'll work on it over the weekend

Just a simple correlation, but when I changed the name of everything in the folder, it worked and still has and I've been playing for hours. Just my single experience, so nothing close to definite.

zerg2525

Potential Patron
Hi there , [i'm korean. so i can't speak English ..... sorry..]
i'm one question.
the swap applied to korea server ? i'm korean.

CaYe

Content Creator
Fuck Nexon fuck his company and every single team member who leaks on our forum that watching you working on the mod :) You've done more than a great job sebway. What I don't get is that they are the only MMO of this kind I know of, the rest doesn't care a dime. What a bunch of dipshits.

Jay77

Potential Patron
Just a simple correlation, but when I changed the name of everything in the folder, it worked and still has and I've been playing for hours. Just my single experience, so nothing close to definite.

Hey, can you tell me the folder you changed the names in and can you also tell me what you changed the name of everything in the folder too

Thanks

sebway2k3

Potential Patron
For some reasons i'm still not getting kicked from the game, so it is kinda hard for me to fix it if i can't work on the problem myself, but i really do beleive that Nexon is not only scanning for FileSystem_Stdio.dll inside vindictus's bin folder, i think they are also checking if any swapper is or was running shortly before the game, i remember that when i started making this swapper HSUpdate.exe would open when you launch the game but vindictus.exe was not launched before HSUpdate.exe was closed, now they both open at the same time so even with all my efforts on making the swapper close itself before vindictus.exe is opened it was still not enough to prevent them in detecting my swapper.

However, you should be able to make it work again by modifying some stuff yourself manually.

1. First, as always, hex edit both FileSystem_Stdio.dll2 and FileSystem_Stdio.dat from the swapper's folder and add a bunch of 00's to the end of the file and save it. And remember to delete FileSystem_Stdio.dll.backup from the swapper's folder.
2. Delete FileSystem_Stdio.dat from vindictus's bin folder
3. Delete any 7 numbers long folder inside vindictus's folder
4. Delete RnDFolder.tmp and Swapper Info.vds from the swapper's folder
5. Rename both the folder where you've put the swapper in into anything you want, also rename Vin SWP v3.0.exe to anything else
6. You can also hex edit the swapper's exe file to add a bunch of 00's at the end of the file, it won't change anything but the file size, everything should still be working normally.
7. Make sure the swapper is still opening with administrator previlege
8. Run the swapper and configure it once again

Take note that i do beleive that when you get kicked out of the game your account may be flagged to check if you are still using a different FileSystem_Stdio.dll file for about 5 to 10 minutes, so wait a bit before you get back in the game.

Since by doing this everyone will have a different file size for the DLL the DAT and the EXE file, along with different names for the swapper's folder and the swapper itself, things should get a bit harder for Nexon to detect the swap

Edit : And for you Nexon spies, take note that if you read this and tell your boss, i will kill your goldfish, and if you don't own one, i will buy you one and name it, then i will kill it and maybe eat it as well

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay77

Potential Patron
For some reasons i'm still not getting kicked from the game, so it is kinda hard for me to fix it if i can't work on the problem myself, but i really do beleive that Nexon is not only scanning for FileSystem_Stdio.dll inside vindictus's bin folder, i think they are also checking if any swapper is or was running shortly before the game, i remember that when i started making this swapper HSUpdate.exe would open when you launch the game but vindictus.exe was not launched before HSUpdate.exe was closed, now they both open at the same time so even with all my efforts on making the swapper close itself before vindictus.exe is opened it was still not enough to prevent them in detecting my swapper.

However, you should be able to make it work again by modifying some stuff yourself manually.

1. First, as always, hex edit both FileSystem_Stdio.dll2 and FileSystem_Stdio.dat from the swapper's folder and add a bunch of 00's to the end of the file and save it.
2. Delete FileSystem_Stdio.dat from vindictus's bin folder
3. Delete any 7 numbers long folder inside vindictus's folder
4. Delete RnDFolder.tmp and Swapper Info.vds from the swapper's folder
5. Rename both the folder where you've put the swapper in into anything you want, also rename Vin SWP v3.0.exe to anything else
6. You can also hex edit the swapper's exe file to add a bunch of 00's at the end of the file, it won't change anything but the file size, everything should still be working normally.
7. Make sure the swapper is still opening with administrator previlege
8. Run the swapper and configure it once again

Take note that i do beleive that when you get kicked out of the game your account may be flagged to check if you are still using a different FileSystem_Stdio.dll file for about 5 to 10 minutes, so wait a bit before you get back in the game.

Since by doing this everyone will have a different file size for the DLL the DAT and the EXE file, along with different names for the swapper's folder and the swapper itself, things should get a bit harder for Nexon to detect the swap

Edit : And for you Nexon spies, take note that if you read this and tell your boss, i will kill your goldfish, and if you don't own one, i will buy you one and name it, then i will kill it and maybe eat it as well

Hey i did everything you said and now when i click swap for edited DLL the swapper closes and the game starts straightaway and even when i put one second i got no error message the game started with no mods

sebway2k3

Potential Patron
Hey i did everything you said and now when i click swap for edited DLL the swapper closes and the game starts straightaway and even when i put one second i got no error message the game started with no mods

ok this is getting weird, what is your FileSystem_Stdio.dll file size inside your vindictus's bin folder ? it should be around 529 kb, if its not then it is my fault, i forgot to mention that before you do all this, you need to have the right dll inside the bin folder, if you have a dll that has a higher file size, then delete it and delete CurrentInfo.txt from vindictus's installation folder, then launch the game, it will automaticly download the latest files and then re-do every steps i just mention in my last post

Edit : This is weird because i can still play the game without getting kicked out, the swapper still works fine, i fear that for some regions they might have been patching it, eventually it will happen to me, the fastest it happens to me the fastest i can work on it, the problem is i cannot investigate on the matter

Edit 2 : Silly me, i also forgot to mention that in step 1, you NEED to delete FileSystem_Stdio.dll.backup inside the swapper's folder

Jay77

Potential Patron
ok this is getting weird, what is your FileSystem_Stdio.dll file size inside your vindictus's bin folder ? it should be around 529 kb, if its not then it is my fault, i forgot to mention that before you do all this, you need to have the right dll inside the bin folder, if you have a dll that has a higher file size, then delete it and delete CurrentInfo.txt from vindictus's installation folder, then launch the game, it will automaticly download the latest files and then re-do every steps i just mention in my last post

Edit : This is weird because i can still play the game without getting kicked out, the swapper still works fine, i fear that for some regions they might have been patching it, eventually it will happen to me, the fastest it happens to me the fastest i can work on it, the problem is i cannot investigate on the matter

Edit 2 : Silly me, i also forgot to mention that in step 1, you NEED to delete FileSystem_Stdio.dll.backup inside the swapper's folder

Still doesnt work my filesytemstdio.dll is 529 and i followed all your steps i think your gonna have to make a new one no matter howmany milliseconds i put no mods load and i get no error message and even when i put 1 millisecond no error message also the swapper closes itself after i click swap for edited DLL the first time i used the swapper it wouldnt close at all which made the mods work but only for a minute before it gets detected

sebway2k3

Potential Patron
Still doesnt work my filesytemstdio.dll is 529 and i followed all your steps i think your gonna have to make a new one no matter howmany milliseconds i put no mods load and i get no error message and even when i put 1 millisecond no error message also the swapper closes itself after i click swap for edited DLL the first time i used the swapper it wouldnt close at all which made the mods work but only for a minute before it gets detected

ok i will be working on it, but i need some additional information about your problem, are you still running it as administrator ? which version of windows are you using ? this may help me understand why the swapper close itself so soon

Jay77

Potential Patron
ok i will be working on it, but i need some additional information about your problem, are you still running it as administrator ? which version of windows are you using ? this may help me understand why the swapper close itself so soon

Yes i am running as administrator and my windows version is windows 7

Meanbastard

Vivacious Visitor
works on me only thing wrong is that after 1 minute of gameplay i get an "Unauthorized program detected" and the game exits! tried swapper 3.0 and 3.2! need help...:(
p.s. forgot to say that i play on EU server.

sebway2k3

Potential Patron
works on me only thing wrong is that after 1 minute of gameplay i get an "Unauthorized program detected" and the game exits! tried swapper 3.0 and 3.2! need help...:(
p.s. forgot to say that i play on EU server.

Weird since i never released version 3.2 =/ I am currently working on way to make the swapper change itself automaticly, adding some hex strings to it everytime you launch it, also trying to automaticly hex edit the dll and dat file each time you launch the swapper so it is a lot of work and it is getting harder and harder to code. This time the swapper will probably use more than one exe and / or batch file, and i hope it will be the last time i need to update this. If all goes as planned, this will be my final release, because it won't need to be updated again.

sebway2k3

Potential Patron
I'm posting this just to let you all know that i did not abandon this project, and in fact i am close to a release, this is a major update for this swapper, it already adds random null strings to each exe file it needs along with the dat and dll2 files (automatic hex editing), it also already randomize folders name too. So the swapper will use more files than before but they all get randomized names and also increase in size everytime you launch the swapper (around 1-5 kb each time, randomized).

sebway2k3

Potential Patron
Vindictus Swapper V3.1
----------------------

This version of the swapper uses more than one executable and now also use more than one batch file. It also rename every single file it uses to random numbers and add null strings to the end of each files (automatic hex editing), it also rename 2 of 3 folder it uses, the only one it doesn't rename is the root folder which i was not able to rename, you might want to rename it yourself manually once in a while. Configuration files were moved somewhere else so it doesn't sit in the swapper's folder and i added another one that has to sit in the swapper's folder. Now it doesn't copy the files to a random folder inside vindictus's installation folder, it still copy them to a random folder but located somewhere else so you can delete any 7 numbers long folder inside vindictus's installation folder.

The swapper now has a 1 second loading time and it was intended, this is needed to allow each files to rename and add null strings to each other.

Also, now that the swapper's name gets changed everytime you launch it, you cannot just right-click on it and go to properties then check the 'Run as Administrator' inside the compatibility tab, because you would have to do this everytime you launch the swapper, instead of clicking on 'Properties' when you right-click on the exe, you should use the 'Run as Administrator' option from this menu.

Like always this swapper makes a backup of the original FileSystem_Stdio.dll so make sure you have it in place inside vindictus's Bin folder before you use this swapper. If you did not place the original dll by mistake, don't worry, just delete FileSystem_Stdio.dll from the bin folder, delete currentinfo.txt from vindictus's installation folder, delete FileSystem_Stdio.dll.backup from the randomly named (7 random numbers) folder inside the swapper's folder and lastly, click on the start button, click on run, type %appdata% and delete the folder named 'SWP', then run the game normally, it will download the right dll file.

Link : http://rapidshare.com/files/1122596592/Vin SWP V3.1.rar

I think pretty much everything was explained, if i forgot something or if you are experiencing some issues with this version, feel free to tell me and i will work to solve it.

Sebway2k3

Jay77

Potential Patron
Vindictus Swapper V3.1
----------------------

This version of the swapper uses more than one executable and now also use more than one batch file. It also rename every single file it uses to random numbers and add null strings to the end of each files (automatic hex editing), it also rename 2 of 3 folder it uses, the only one it doesn't rename is the root folder which i was not able to rename, you might want to rename it yourself manually once in a while. Configuration files were moved somewhere else so it doesn't sit in the swapper's folder and i added another one that has to sit in the swapper's folder. Now it doesn't copy the files to a random folder inside vindictus's installation folder, it still copy them to a random folder but located somewhere else so you can delete any 7 numbers long folder inside vindictus's installation folder.

The swapper now has a 1 second loading time and it was intended, this is needed to allow each files to rename and add null strings to each other.

Also, now that the swapper's name gets changed everytime you launch it, you cannot just right-click on it and go to properties then check the 'Run as Administrator' inside the compatibility tab, because you would have to do this everytime you launch the swapper, instead of clicking on 'Properties' when you right-click on the exe, you should use the 'Run as Administrator' option from this menu.

Like always this swapper makes a backup of the original FileSystem_Stdio.dll so make sure you have it in place inside vindictus's Bin folder before you use this swapper. If you did not place the original dll by mistake, don't worry, just delete FileSystem_Stdio.dll from the bin folder, delete currentinfo.txt from vindictus's installation folder, delete FileSystem_Stdio.dll.backup from the randomly named (7 random numbers) folder inside the swapper's folder and lastly, click on the start button, click on run, type %appdata% and delete the folder named 'SWP', then run the game normally, it will download the right dll file.

Link : http://rapidshare.com/files/1122596592/Vin SWP V3.1.rar

I think pretty much everything was explained, if i forgot something or if you are experiencing some issues with this version, feel free to tell me and i will work to solve it.

Sebway2k3

Hey bro thnx for the new swapper but when i put it on 1 milisecond still no mods load i dont know if i missed something because there are two ways to open the swapper one there and another in the 7 number folder so i dont know if i missed something i also put the 7 numbr long dll2 and .dat file in my vindictus bin so i tried the vin swp 3.1 exe extractd it to a folder and i opened it it said could not find main exe file so im guessing thats the 7 number long file so i dragged the 7 numbr long older to the same folder as vin swp 3.1 and i tried opening the swapper andit didnt open. so aftr that i went to the 7 number long folder in the rar achive and tried the 7 numbe long swp and it opened. so i tried 3000 no mods load,2000 no mods load 1500 no mods, 1000, no mods, 500 no mods,250 no mods,100 no mods, 1 no mods im just so frustrated >:(

EDIT 2: Now whatever number i put i get the 'sync binary file has changed' error message

sebway2k3

Potential Patron
Hey bro thnx for the new swapper but when i put it on 1 milisecond still no mods load i dont know if i missed something because there are two ways to open the swapper one there and another in the 7 number folder so i dont know if i missed something i also put the 7 numbr long dll2 and .dat file in my vindictus bin so i tried the vin swp 3.1 exe extractd it to a folder and i opened it it said could not find main exe file so im guessing thats the 7 number long file so i dragged the 7 numbr long older to the same folder as vin swp 3.1 and i tried opening the swapper andit didnt open. so aftr that i went to the 7 number long folder in the rar achive and tried the 7 numbe long swp and it opened. so i tried 3000 no mods load,2000 no mods load 1500 no mods, 1000, no mods, 500 no mods,250 no mods,100 no mods, 1 no mods im just so frustrated >:(

EDIT 2: Now whatever number i put i get the 'sync binary file has changed' error message

The file named 'Vin SWP V3.1.exe' renames itself to a 7 numbers long exe file so you cannot make a shortcut to use it, the sync file error you get is because you have the wrong dll in vindictus's bin folder, delete FileSystem_Stdio.dll from the bin folder, delete currentinfo.exe from vindictus's installation folder, delete FileSystem_Stdio.dll.backup from the 7 numbers long folder inside the swapper's folder, click on start (bottom left edge of windows) click on 'run' type %appdata% and delete the folder named 'SWP' then run the game normally, it will download the right FileSystem_Stdio.dll.

Now why doesn't it load mods ? i don't know because it seems that the swapper did swap the files since you get the sync error, did you put any mod in there ? the swapper itself isn't a mod, it allows mod to work, refer to page 1 if you don't have a folder named 'Data' inside your vindictus's installation folder.

Jay77

Potential Patron
The file named 'Vin SWP V3.1.exe' renames itself to a 7 numbers long exe file so you cannot make a shortcut to use it, the sync file error you get is because you have the wrong dll in vindictus's bin folder, delete FileSystem_Stdio.dll from the bin folder, delete currentinfo.exe from vindictus's installation folder, delete FileSystem_Stdio.dll.backup from the 7 numbers long folder inside the swapper's folder, click on start (bottom left edge of windows) click on 'run' type %appdata% and delete the folder named 'SWP' then run the game normally, it will download the right FileSystem_Stdio.dll.

Now why doesn't it load mods ? i don't know because it seems that the swapper did swap the files since you get the sync error, did you put any mod in there ? the swapper itself isn't a mod, it allows mod to work, refer to page 1 if you don't have a folder named 'Data' inside your vindictus's installation folder.

Well, what do i do with the swapper since i dont get sync file size has changed error anymore. Now no mods load no matter what millisecond setting i put even when i put 1 millisecond no mods load and i followed all your steps of deleting stuff. I also have a data folder in en-US file with the mods i want to load but they dont load as mentioned before

fernyferny

Potential Patron
Sebway2k3, you're awesome! The patch takes a bit of work to get going, but once I found the right ms it worked perfectly. I can only imagine how hard it must have been to create this program, so many thanks to you! :D

ibonihskrad

Potential Patron
Bleeearrrrrgh, look! I'm alive! And updating my post thingy! Sebway, I'm sure your things are awesome, as I'm sure ShadowAce's stuff is, I've just been busy and paying almost no attention to this at all.

By the way, mediafire killed battle jesus' stuff. So um....I'm not sure what to do about finding those files. You're going to have to ask him. He's on hongfire...somewhere.

Also, if there IS a new place he's got all that stuff hosted, let me know so I can update that post that nobody cares about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.